RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Freshman of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 01/16/15 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Brianna Turner - 29 pts, 18 rebounds, 7 blocks, 10-13 shooting from the floor, on the road against #12 ranked UNC.

I think her and Mitchell from Ohio State are vying for the honors. Not a betting man but if I were, I take Ms. Turner. Not bad, Art two potentialFOY in three years.

PostPosted: 01/17/15 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double Post

Jdub

PostPosted: 01/17/15 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mitchell scores a lot of points but, in my view, Turner is playing better overall.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/15 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brianna Turner Is Turning Some Heads

PostPosted: 01/17/15 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brianna Turner Is Turning Some Heads

PostPosted: 01/17/15 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Brianna Turner - 29 pts, 18 rebounds, 7 blocks, 10-13 shooting from the floor, on the road against #12 ranked UNC.

What a surprise, a UConn fan promoting the latest and greatest.

The only time we played UConn in the final we had almost no frontcourt, but in your 39-0 season it was the only time your team didn't hit a 3-pointer.

Yes it's true, OUr guards were better than your guards. And you'd better believe, they are better this year too.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/17/15 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YourCrimsonNightmare wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

The only time we played UConn in the final we had almost no frontcourt, but in your 39-0 season it was the only time your team didn't hit a 3-pointer.

Yes it's true, OUr guards were better than your guards. And you'd better believe, they are better this year too.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Howee

PostPosted: 01/18/15 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Mitchell scores a lot of points but, in my view, Turner is playing better overall.

....and Turner is playing a VERY big role on a team with a lot of other scoring options, and that's also performing at a much higher level.

PostPosted: 01/18/15 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now, I don't pretend to have a lot of basketball savvy, but I would think that if you played for a very average team that depended heavily on you to score in order that your team might win,......that you might be under MORE pressure.

In other words, if you are a freshman on the best team in the country, wouldn't the "all star" teammates that surround you feed you the ball more often, and in better position, than the much less talented teammates on the average team?

If that's the case then Kelsey should just pack it in.

Perhaps it could be renamed the "Freshman of the Year for the Best Team of the Year Award."

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/18/15 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
YourCrimsonNightmare wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My reaction exactly. Almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Maybe we should go to the system some boards (Scout, I think?) have where your affiliation is posted with your avatar. (Then again, some of us would need slideshows.)

(now with spelling variations)
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 01/18/15 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew Art was a closet UConn fan!

Although, does YCNightmare know who Turner plays for?

Davis4632

PostPosted: 01/18/15 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never mind.

TheLoneGranger

PostPosted: 01/21/15 1:11 pm    ::: Re: Freshman of the Year Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Tyra Buss, totally underrated even though she was a prolific scorer in high school.

Buss' current stats would indicate she is totally overrated. We are speaking of Tyra Buss who is guard at Indiana U?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/21/15 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turner this week was named the USBWA national FOW for the second time (only freshman to be so named twice this year) and was not only named ACC FOW for the 5th time, but also ACC POW (only freshman this year to earn that).

According to the USBWA release:
"In the Irish's only game of the week, Turner, a 6-3 forward from Pearland, Texas, became the second NCAA Division I player in 16 seasons to register 29 points, 18 rebounds and seven blocked shots in a game when she posted those career-high totals on Jan. 15 in an 89-79 win at North Carolina."

The ACC release adds:
" The only other Division I player to reach those marks since STATS began tracking women’s basketball statistics was Oklahoma’s Courtney Paris, who had 30 points, 20 rebounds and seven blocks on March 11, 2008, in a 70-64 overtime loss to Missouri in the first round of the Big 12 Conference Tournament at Municipal Auditorium in Kansas City, Missouri."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: