RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

college boxscores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/21/14 3:44 pm    ::: college boxscores Reply Reply with quote

needing some help here. Does anyone have a good site which normally has ALL the DI boxscores? In years past, I've used Yahoo, but both Yahoo and ESPN seem to only have about 1/2 of them, and not always for the same teams. It's quite annoying and time consuming to get stats for our fantasy game when I have to go to ESPN, Yahoo and then a bunch of individual team sites to gather the stats - and of course they all present them in a different format so lots of manipulations required.

So if someone can suggest another venue that is more reliable, you will be my hero/heroine.

Question

linkster

PostPosted: 11/21/14 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wbbstate.com/

They allow limited daily access for free and unlimited access for $13./yr.

The best statistics I've seen and well worth the modest price to subscribe..

click on a team, hit sch/results & box scores are available.And it's a detailed box with metrics ESPN never heard of.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/21/14 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wbbstate.com/ has all the box scores between Division 1 teams, I believe, but it's a pay site. (They do give you a few views each day for free). They charge $12.49 annually, and have great stats available, so it's well worth your money. You click on the scores tab, choose your date, and then click on the box score for each game.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/21/14 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems ESPN is providing even fewer than in the past.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/21/14 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

That's too bad. I don't really look at box scores on ESPN that often to notice the differences, or when it was change. But it's unfortunate to hear the have made the decision to not cover everything.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/21/14 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

That's too bad. I don't really look at box scores on ESPN that often to notice the differences, or when it was change. But it's unfortunate to hear the have made the decision to not cover everything.

If you look at the scoreboard on their site in the evening there will be many games that you know ended hours before that are listed but for which there is no score, much less box score, provided.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/21/14 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Links and Arti - I usually avoid those pay sites but didn't realize wbbstate is so reasonable. Will definitely check it out. It will be worth it if it's as good as you say.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/21/14 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

If you look at the scoreboard on their site in the evening there will be many games that you know ended hours before that are listed but for which there is no score, much less box score, provided.

And even when there is a score, there is often no box - even next day. grrr.

Phil

PostPosted: 11/21/14 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Thanks Links and Arti - I usually avoid those pay sites but didn't realize wbbstate is so reasonable. Will definitely check it out. It will be worth it if it's as good as you say.

Count m as a fan of the site.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/21/14 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

wbbstate is great.

PostPosted: 11/21/14 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hell, these days, WBB State is even better than the NCAA's website, which has been about as good at box scores as I am at French literature.

PostPosted: 11/21/14 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Hell, these days, WBB State is even better than the NCAA's website, which has been about as good at box scores as I am at French literature.

Ouch. (And sorry.)

Let me fifth or sixth the recommendation for wbbstate. I've been using it for RPI the last couple of years, too.

I've notice that ESPN and Yahoo! seem to have the same issues with late-reported scores, and hearing about the NCAA site, it makes me think they're all relying on the AP feed and so that it might be the AP's fault.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 11/21/14 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

STATS, Inc.'s site isn't fancy, but it does carry standard D-I box scores:

http://hosted.stats.com/wcbkfront.asp

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/22/14 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WBBState has been a great source for me too, easy way to sort stats for players and to keep an eye out for good draftees.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/22/14 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
STATS, Inc.'s site isn't fancy, but it does carry standard D-I box scores:

http://hosted.stats.com/wcbkfront.asp

Thanks much. This may be perfect for my stat keeping purposes. But I also appreciate all the pointers to wbbstate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: