RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 Duke at Alabama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/16/14 6:19 pm    ::: #7 Duke at Alabama Reply Reply with quote

The Duke women open the season at Alabama tonight. It's on the SEC network, so I'll be able to watch them right here in Durham. I'll be following this season from afar as I've decided to no longer attend games. Just tired of watching the team get beat down by equal or lesser talented teams. Also tired of the coach accepting no responsibility for the beat downs and, instead claims they are all due to Duke having lesser talent. Take a clue from the Duke Football Coach Cutcliffe, who put yesterday's 1 pt loss all on himself. He said "the buck stops here."

Will likely be another season of Duke beating most teams based on talent and losing to top 5 teams due to poor coaching. Due to the transfers of two point guards from the team in the last year, this team has no real point guard, but has the tallest average height in all of Div.1.

SORRY - I DIDN'T SEE THE NEW AREA FOR GAME THREADS

~rAf
acsuc99

PostPosted: 11/16/14 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on my untrained eye Elizabeth Williams looks like she finally "gets it". Focused and aggressive. If she plays like a 1st team All American Duke may finally get back to the Final 4. They could end up being better than S Carolina, Tennessee, and A &M.

Alabama is f*cking awful.

Nell Fortner said Tennessee could be the best team in the country. The other lady reminded her about the team in the northeast. Fortner giggled and went silent.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/17/14 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
Based on my untrained eye Elizabeth Williams looks like she finally "gets it". Focused and aggressive. If she plays like a 1st team All American Duke may finally get back to the Final 4. They could end up being better than S Carolina, Tennessee, and A &M.

Nell Fortner said Tennessee could be the best team in the country. The other lady reminded her about the team in the northeast. Fortner giggled and went silent.

EWill is healthy! This is the first season since the first half of her frosh year that she's been healthy through the summer and into the season. It seemed to impact her most on offense in previous years as her defense has been stellar throughout. Her quick spin move is a welcome sight for Duke fans.

~rAf
petejones

PostPosted: 11/18/14 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:

EWill is healthy! This is the first season since the first half of her frosh year that she's been healthy through the summer and into the season. It seemed to impact her most on offense in previous years as her defense has been stellar throughout. Her quick spin move is a welcome sight for Duke fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: