RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

USC at South Carolina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/15/14 8:28 pm    ::: USC at South Carolina Reply Reply with quote

Don't see a board for current games anymore.

USC is giving the Gamecocks all they can handle.
South Carolina up 50-48 with 8:54 to go.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/15/14 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm missing the game threads. But good for the USC vs USC game - especially since several of the UScal starters sat out a bunch of the first half with foul trouble.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/15/14 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so are the SoCal ladies much better than some thought...or is SoCaro underperforming?

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 11/15/14 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no trouble believing this is the first game for both teams.

The game is very sloppy for both teams. S Car has dominated the boards on both ends but they are less good at putting the ball in the hoop.

Wilson is a stud. She needs to work on her outside shot. She runs the floor very vey well.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/15/14 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

S Cal employed the same collapsing 2-3 zone that UC Davis used against CT. The difference was that CT made the open 3's they were given.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/15/14 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't get to see it since I don't have acces to SECN+, but the stats suggest Coates is ready to play this year. 6-8 from the floor, 6-6 from the ft line, 18 pts, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks. I suspect Staley will take that any night from her.

The numbers also suggest that, as predicted, S Car's achilles heel is guard play. How much did Cuevas play because her 0-3 shooting and 0 assists weren't much help.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/15/14 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

The numbers also suggest that, as predicted, S Car's achilles heel is guard play.

Could be.

ArtBest23 wrote:
How much did Cuevas play because her 0-3 shooting and 0 assists weren't much help.

Cuevas played a mere five minutes, Wilson only 16. Interestingly, Jordan Adams got the most minutes by far for SoCal.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/scar/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/box_score/stats_20141116aaa.pdf
SouthernFan

PostPosted: 11/15/14 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the game. Staley was playing with a lot of different lineup ideas. She started 4 forwards and one guard. Then later in the game she had Coates out there with 4 pint sized guards. It's clear she's not sure how this team will fit together yet.

Really sloppy game by the Gamecocks. Credit the Trojans for keeping it close throughout.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/15/14 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SouthernFan wrote:
I was at the game. Staley was playing with a lot of different lineup ideas. She started 4 forwards and one guard. Then later in the game she had Coates out there with 4 pint sized guards. It's clear she's not sure how this team will fit together yet.

Really sloppy game by the Gamecocks. Credit the Trojans for keeping it close throughout.

Thank you. How was the crowd? Is this team and its high ranking generating greater interest and attendance? Was Coates as good as her numbers suggest?

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 11/15/14 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish I could give Southern Cal more credit , but so many of South Carolina's turnovers were unforced errors - crazy cross-court lobs , dribbling into traffic , etc. And it wasn't just the freshmen , the veterans were just as bad . Tiffany Mitchell started at PG and had 6 turnovers .
Tina Roy came in and played some PG for South Carolina and really helped them settle down . Roy had 6 assists and only 2 turnovers , and was 3-for-5 on 3-pointers . Tina's problem is on the defensive end though , and that may limit her minutes .
I hate the "big" lineup , with Mitchell as the only guard . Not enough quickness in that lineup to suit me . I don't mind Wilson on the wing , as long as there are two legitimate guards in the game .
The freshmen probably need a blowout game or two to relax and play like they are capable . For that to happen the veterans will have to play better .

Howee

PostPosted: 11/16/14 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so are the SoCal ladies much better than some thought...or is SoCaro underperforming?

It's actually "USC" v. "USC", right? Razz Sounds like Staley was doing a lotta experimenting. And maybe Cooper was, too. Early season bugaboos be GONE. I REALLY want SC to live up to their hype.

PostPosted: 11/16/14 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC (California) vs. USC (South Carolina)?

That reminds me of a humorous post (not on RebKell) many years ago about the time when the school's football teams played agailnst each other in South Carolina, and what their fans wrote on their banners.

But maybe it's too tasteless to post it here. Wink

PostPosted: 11/17/14 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

That reminds me of a humorous post (not on RebKell) many years ago about the time when the school's football teams played agailnst each other in South Carolina, and what their fans wrote on their banners.

Steeeeeeve....it's not nice to tease like that! (....and a little *tasteless* can be--funny! Razz )

PostPosted: 11/17/14 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

Ok, let's hear it . Only one I can recall was " Your Trojans can't hold our Cocks " .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: