RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Its finally here.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kelsey plum with the performance of the day in a losing effort.

- Amanda Gorman
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Virginia beats Ohio State, a good start for Joanne Boyle this season.

Amber Orrange's efficiency has been deadly tonight. 11pts, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 TO, and 3 steals, while shooting 80 percent.

noleman

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Plum with 45 points Shocked

Not looking forward to seeing her in a couple of weeks..

leeshajo

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDSU 51 BYU 34 with 9:29 to go

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Louisville has a player named Mariya Moore who scored a game high 22 pts

On 8 for 9 shooting and 2 for 2 from 3. She looked good. Another freshman PG Arica Carter had 6 assists.

They looked like you might expect for the first game of the season. They had a 30pt lead cut to 15 before winning by 20. Poor free throw shooting. They have some things to work on but looked pretty good overall.

loneycafe

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Virginia beats Ohio State, a good start for Joanne Boyle this season.

Amber Orrange's efficiency has been deadly tonight. 11pts, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 TO, and 3 steals, while shooting 80 percent.

Great win for Virginia. Hope the Cavs can finally turn the corner this year.

NC State beats TN State 84-55. Lots of our new players getting lots of minutes. Arkansas transfer Dominique Wilson had 20 points, and our sophomores Miah Spencer and Jennifer Mathurin had 14 and 13 points each, respectively. Our walk-on, Ashley Williams, played the last 7 minutes of the game and ended up with 10 points. That was awesome.

We're pretty solid at the guard and forward positions, but we don't have a healthy true center right now. We're going to be very undersized facing Power 5 conference teams if our two 6-5 players don't get healthy.

leeshajo

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDSU 75, BYU 65 Final in Brookings

PostPosted: 11/14/14 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan looked awful in the first half against Detroit but then out-scored the Titans 50-20 in the second half. Final: 76-57, six in double-figures.

I thought we'd have easy ones this weekend, but now I'm not so sure. Bucknell is here on Sunday. The Bison beat the Bowling Green Falcons at the Stroh Center tonight, 53-52. Didn't see that coming!

sigur3

PostPosted: 11/14/14 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington State vs Dayton stream has more baseline camera angles than a New York Liberty cast...

CompSci87

PostPosted: 11/14/14 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final Stanford 96 Boston College 63. Lili Thompson had a career high 26.

BC kept it close in the first half as SU wasn't getting out on their 3-point shooters, who were lights-out after the first few minutes' jitters wore off, and it was 48-40 at the half. The defense got fixed at halftime and the second half split was 48-23.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/14/14 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaleena Lewis 9-11 behind the arc tonight with 15 mins. left.

This is as close to a homecoming game as she's going to get since nothing could be arranged further South.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 11/14/14 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ashley Morrisette and turnovers hamstrung Ball State as they dropped their opener to Purdue 66-60. But the most mind boggling play was Ball State's calling a time out wiht 2.4 seconds left when they had none. I am normally profession when I work my games but I did call the name of our Savior when that event happened. Ironically, the last time I saw that was when Cherelle George got pinned in the corner by Jenny DeMuth as IU was giving the Boilers a beat down in Mackey.

State is still in search of a point guard -- Candyce Ussery is having confidence issues and Bri Simond needs an attitude adjustment.

Even though she was not a whiz on the scoring end, I thought Hayden Hamby had a solid game and did what needed to be done to make it easy for Bays, Clemons and Perry.

PostPosted: 11/15/14 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Looks like turnovers did in UCLA. 26 TOs to 13 for JMU. UCLA shot a higher percentage, outrebounded JMU, FTs and 3s were about even, but UCLA took 18 fewer shots.

It stuns me that Nirra Fields had 7 turnovers.

Well, 3 of those turnovers were offensive fouls. Nirra, all by herself, got called for more offensive fouls (3) than the entire JMU team (2).

The Bruins were whistled for a total of 10 offensive fouls in this game, which amounted to 38% of UCLA's turnover total.

In sum, the refs were just not UCLA's friend this morning. What'reyagonnado?

beknighted

PostPosted: 11/15/14 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James Madison does it. Wow. Huge win over a young UCLA squad. I'll be interested to see if this is the win that gets James Madison a dance invite if they lose their conference tourney.

One early win probably doesn't make that much difference (and, of course, if it turns out the UCLA hype is wrong, won't make any difference at all).

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/15/14 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Mariya Moore is a freshman from Northern California -- she was a McDonald's All-American and is the real deal.

She's a 6-0 three/four who can do everything, and will do whatever it takes to win.

PostPosted: 11/15/14 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
FS02 wrote:
Have we nixed the idea of having a second forum for game threads?

I miss that altho there are always some very inactive threads. Maybe we could have a daily 'top 25' games thread and a daily 'others' thread...or something along those lines?

Well, I hesitate to start a thread about a game perhaps no one else is watching, but Washington trails Oklahoma 48-32 at the half. Kelsey Plum already has 22 points for the dawgs, but having that superstar doesn't help if nobody else can be bothered to make a shot or play defense. Evil or Very Mad

Typical of the Huskies to get off to a slow start like this, I had hoped that such a veteran squad would not do that, but...

The Sooners are shooting 6-11 from 3 point range, and also getting great looks under the basket.

The game was a wipeout for Washington, but Plum had 45 points and the announcers (who were Oklahoma based, it seemed) were wowed by her. ISTM that Washington needs a much more balanced attack.

That was the only game I was able to see, as the Ill-Chicago vs. DePaul game which was *advertised* as being a women's game on the tv schedule was not.

PostPosted: 11/15/14 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, Rutgers beat St. Joe's 76-52. It was a 6-point game at the half, but RU pulled away pretty early in the 2nd half and kept the pressure on the rest of the way.

Four Scarlet Knights were in double figures, led by Tyler Scaife with 23 points (on 9-13, 5-6 ft). Betnijah Laney picked up a double-double with 10 and 13, and Rachel Hollivay had 5 blocks to go with 6 points and 7 boards in 20 minutes. Ciara Andrews led the Hawks with 19 points.

buzzyb

PostPosted: 11/15/14 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jdub wrote:
Shades wrote:

On 8 for 9 shooting and 2 for 2 from 3. She looked good. Another freshman PG Arica Carter had 6 assists.

They looked like you might expect for the first game of the season. They had a 30pt lead cut to 15 before winning by 20. Poor free throw shooting. They have some things to work on but looked pretty good overall.

Yeah, Moore was really great during last nights game, hadn't seen much of her, but super impressed.

But Louisville just made really stupid decisions last night. Jude didn't play well, and I think was credited with 1 turnovers but I could have sworn she had at least like 5, seemed nervous with the ball in her hands. The team was just lackadaisical during some stretches, which isn't new for them.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/15/14 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Shades wrote:

Mariya Moore is a freshman from Northern California -- she was a McDonald's All-American and is the real deal.

She's a 6-0 three/four who can do everything, and will do whatever it takes to win.

So as I tried to point out so subtly, her name is ironic. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: