RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pac 12 Media Day Special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FS02

PostPosted: 10/22/14 2:16 pm    ::: Pac 12 Media Day Special Reply Reply with quote

Anyone watching this?

PostPosted: 10/22/14 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not watching, but following it some on twitter and Instagram.

2014-15 PAC-12 WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACHES’ POLL

Team (First Place) Points

1. Stanford (7) 116
2. California (3) 111
3. Oregon State (2) 105
4. UCLA 84
5. Washington 72
6. USC 65
7. Arizona State 64
8. Washington State 56
9. Oregon 48
10. Colorado 31
11. Utah 28
12. Arizona 12

FS02

PostPosted: 10/22/14 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You didn't really miss that much really, just the standard show with Roz, Mary Murphy and the host Ashley Adamson. They interviewed one player and the head coach of each team (together), and showed a lot of highlights from last year. Cynthia Cooper-Dyke was by far the most entertaining coach--she is funny.

Mary thinks Stanford will not win the conference this year, and Ros picks Cal for everything. Wink

As for the poll, people might be wondering why Utah and Colorado are picked so low, but the conference is deep and those squads are dealing with tough season-killing injuries to key players already. I think they have ASU a little low for a team that is returning almost the entire roster that went to the NCAAs last year.

I guess it was a good refresher course since I haven't thought much about pac 12 women's hoops for months now, but not "must-see" TV and it will probably be aired again anyway.

PostPosted: 10/23/14 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
As for the poll, people might be wondering why Utah and Colorado are picked so low, but the conference is deep and those squads are dealing with tough season-killing injuries to key players already. I think they have ASU a little low for a team that is returning almost the entire roster that went to the NCAAs last year.

They lost 3/5 of their top players including their starting backcourt, and almost everyone else in the conference got better. I think they finish lower than 7th.

FS02

PostPosted: 10/23/14 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
FS02 wrote:

They lost 3/5 of their top players including their starting backcourt, and almost everyone else in the conference got better. I think they finish lower than 7th.

Yeah, but when ASU loses starters, its not like they are losing an Ogwumike, or even an Arielle Roberson, they are losing parts that can be replaced by other parts--and usually they do just that. It's not a star-driven team. I'd be really shocked if they finished lower than 6th or 7th.

Can't wait for the season to begin.

PostPosted: 10/23/14 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the coaches picked Stanford just to annoy Tara ... and why not? Might as well put the pressure on her as anyone else, and they've been dominating so long, it's a safe call.

Still, I don't think Stanford wins the Pac-12, and could even fall to the middle of the pack.

PostPosted: 10/23/14 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:

I want it to start now!

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/23/14 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
FS02 wrote:

I want it to start now!

I always wish the W would play right up until the end of October and start again in April. It's terrible for bball junkies to have the time off inbetween...although I have to say, it does give me time to do some useful projects. Very Happy Really looking forward to a competitive Pac this year.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: