RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Iowa St @ Baylor (3) - 1/13/15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 7:24 pm    ::: Iowa St @ Baylor (3) - 1/13/15 Reply Reply with quote

Iowa St took down Texas last game, can they double up with Baylor tonight?

7:30 pm ET. Live on Fox Sports Southwest (676 for those of you with DirecTV)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa St is not shy about jacking up 3s, that's for sure.

I see that they were 9-27 from behind the arc against TX.

Tonight so far they are 0-6 on 3s and trail 11-4 after 8 1/2 minutes.

Announcers said all five starters will fire up 3s.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't imagine how Texas lost to this Iowa St team. They are offensively inept. It's not just that they are 2-24 overall and 0-12 on 3s so far, but it's how they miss. Some layups just clanged off the backboard, and rushed threes aren't even close. No offensive sets at all that I can discern, and no transition game.

Maybe they're dangerous when they get hot, but right now they are losing 30-8 to Baylor, and it's not because Baylor is playing stifling defense or shooting unusually well. ISU just looks like a mediocre high school team.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor leads 37-18 at the half.

ISU finally made a couple shots. Shooting percentage is up to a whopping 19.4% overall, 16.7% (3-18 ) from behind the arc.

I didn't get to see their win over Texas but the announcers said they came back from 18 down in the second half to win, so maybe this isn't over yet. It's not like Baylor looks great.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor looks a little better and is getting its transition game going. ISU looks just as inept. Also used its last available timeout with 15 minutes to go in the game. With a little over 10 minutes to go, it's now 58-29.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

79-45 Baylor with a minute to go.

ISU's shooting is all the way up to 20%

I reiterate that I can't imagine how Texas lost to this team.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 01/13/15 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/15 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe this was an aberration for ISU, but they were just a bad basketball team tonight. No offensive sets. Rushed jacked up 3s, which leads to 7-33 shooting. Layups that were not just missed but completely bricked repeatedly. They got open shots and decent penetration, but couldn't shoot at all. They also don't defend very well. They seemed to rebound decently, but got outrebounded by 10.

I guess some nights they must shoot better, but this was just ugly.

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 01/14/15 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a strange curse on ISU's arena in Ames that makes visiting teams play badly. I imagine that when BU visits ISU things are gonna look differently than they did this game, though I'm surprised to see the margin this game...you'd think the team could have brought SOMETHING to Waco.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 01/14/15 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
There is a strange curse on ISU's arena in Ames that makes visiting teams play badly. I imagine that when BU visits ISU things are gonna look differently than they did this game, though I'm surprised to see the margin this game...you'd think the team could have brought SOMETHING to Waco.

"The Cyclone women have called Hilton Coliseum home on a permanent basis since the 1982-83 season and under Bill Fennelly’s tutelage, Hilton has become one of the toughest places to play in the country for opponents. The Cyclones have won 85 percent of their home contests and have lost fewer than 10 times to non-conference opponents in Hilton Coliseum in Fennelly’s tenure at Iowa State." http://tinyurl.com/q2j4757

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/14/15 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
rustedsyringe wrote:

"The Cyclone women have called Hilton Coliseum home on a permanent basis since the 1982-83 season and under Bill Fennelly’s tutelage, Hilton has become one of the toughest places to play in the country for opponents. The Cyclones have won 85 percent of their home contests and have lost fewer than 10 times to non-conference opponents in Hilton Coliseum in Fennelly’s tenure at Iowa State." http://tinyurl.com/q2j4757

They certainly always have a good crowd at home as I understand it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/14/15 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:
rustedsyringe wrote:

They certainly always have a good crowd at home as I understand it.

One thing you can say for Iowans is that they have always supported WBB. They were big supporters of HS girls' basketball back when it was that godawful split court game (and Iowa, IIRC, was the last state in the nation to capitulate to the full-court game) and have remained loyal to the game. They are also strong supporters of the HS boys' game and of wrestling, probably because there isn't much else to do in Iowa in the winter. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: