RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mount Saint Joseph player's first and last game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 10/14/14 10:39 am    ::: Mount Saint Joseph player's first and last game Reply Reply with quote

http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/one-last-game-18984.shtml

I don't think I coulld get through that game in one piece

PostPosted: 10/14/14 11:35 am    ::: Wow Reply Reply with quote

I would be a complete basket case all game.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 10/14/14 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Forget the game...I'm a guy and I couldn't get through that article without crying. I kept thinking about if this happened with my daughter, who is 14. I would be a wreck.

I am so impressed with how this kid has handled her situation.

Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 10/14/14 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Forget the game...I'm a guy and I couldn't get through that article without crying. I kept thinking about if this happened with my daughter, who is 14. I would be a wreck.

I am so impressed with how this kid has handled her situation.

Yeah. My shirt sleeves are wet from wiping the tears. To see Lauren and her family face down this certain death is an inspiration.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 10/15/14 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crying is allowed in basketball.

PostPosted: 10/15/14 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is very hard for me to cry. After watching that I had tears running down my face. It is hard to imagine what the whole family is going thru. My heart and prayers go out to them. May God Bless her with her wish.

PostPosted: 10/15/14 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a touching, heartbreaking story. I'm so glad the NCAA granted the exemption so the game can be played sooner than originally scheduled.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 10/16/14 3:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tears just ran down my eyes like a faucet. This story hits close to home for many of us unfortunately. I really HATE cancer, its taken too many people I love and this story just breaks my heart. What a courageous angel she is. My prayers are with her family. I cant imagine losing any of my sisters and watching her little sister break down just hurt my heart. GOD BLESS LAUREN! NEVER GIVE UP GUYS

PostPosted: 10/27/14 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a mess. There's been so much support from numerous WNBA players on their social media pages. Would really like it if ESPN/ESPN2 would broadcast this game somehow.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 10/27/14 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I caught a version of this story on CBS world news the other night. And I just read an article about how her time is running out faster than anticipated. So very sad, on the obvious levels, but so incredibly HEARTENING on all the other levels, as the story has spread so rapidly.

Is it correct, that they're playing at the Cintas Center to accommodate the huge number of people?

PostPosted: 10/28/14 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I caught a version of this story on CBS world news the other night. And I just read an article about how her time is running out faster than anticipated. So very sad, on the obvious levels, but so incredibly HEARTENING on all the other levels, as the story has spread so rapidly.

Is it correct, that they're playing at the Cintas Center to accommodate the huge number of people?

Yep...sold out faster than a Beiber Concert Wink 30 minutes I believe was the official clocking...I just hope they stay for most of the game...support her teammates. Team sport and all.

I dunno bout ESPN...Hill is slated to start and play 2-3 minutes (Lets be honest likely till she gets a basket which will be Salesed as much as they can...in this case this is beyond appropriate) throw in the rest of the first half for interviews, telethon pandering and whatnot...perhaps a speech at halftime since she's getting the Pat Summit Courage Award early, what do you do the 2nd half? For a network like ESPN that's a legitimate concern...this is more an indictment on ESPN 1. thinking about their own properties first 2. having enough problems staying on task during a NORMAL WBB game.

the local FSN has picked it up in the Ohio market. I would say syndicating it (Both live and on delay) to local affiliates makes more sense, you can then make it more like a telethon (Perhaps even toss a donation site or phone number on the screen) I know if MSG Picks it up either on delay or live...I'd watch. Get her fave local announcers in the booth, really make it special...but ESPN Just see them hijacking things

PostPosted: 10/28/14 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Howee wrote:

Yep...sold out faster than a Beiber Concert Wink 30 minutes I believe was the official clocking...I just hope they stay for most of the game...support her teammates. Team sport and all.

I dunno bout ESPN...Hill is slated to start and play 2-3 minutes (Lets be honest likely till she gets a basket which will be Salesed as much as they can...in this case this is beyond appropriate) throw in the rest of the first half for interviews, telethon pandering and whatnot...perhaps a speech at halftime since she's getting the Pat Summit Courage Award early, what do you do the 2nd half? For a network like ESPN that's a legitimate concern...this is more an indictment on ESPN 1. thinking about their own properties first 2. having enough problems staying on task during a NORMAL WBB game.

the local FSN has picked it up in the Ohio market. I would say syndicating it (Both live and on delay) to local affiliates makes more sense, you can then make it more like a telethon (Perhaps even toss a donation site or phone number on the screen) I know if MSG Picks it up either on delay or live...I'd watch. Get her fave local announcers in the booth, really make it special...but ESPN Just see them hijacking things

How incredibly emotional and draining this is going to be...and I don't mean that in a negative way. I mean, just reading about what is/may be going to happen and I can feel emotions building in my chest and head. I can only imagine how her teammates, coaches, fans in the stands will be feeling. From the warm-ups, to her being announced in the starting lineup and then when she gets taken out...how many tears are going to be shed during all those times?

Beemer

PostPosted: 10/28/14 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
Howee wrote:

How incredibly emotional and draining this is going to be...and I don't mean that in a negative way. I mean, just reading about what is/may be going to happen and I can feel emotions building in my chest and head. I can only imagine how her teammates, coaches, fans in the stands will be feeling. From the warm-ups, to her being announced in the starting lineup and then when she gets taken out...how many tears are going to be shed during all those times?

Bucketfuls. Crying or Very sad

A tragic yet uplifting story.

Go for it Lauren!!!

PostPosted: 10/28/14 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/lauren-hill-mount-st-joseph-freshman-fighting-cancer-clock

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2014/10/26/facing-death-lauren-hill-teaches-life-lessons/17937979/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/30/14 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD going to the game. Nice!

Lots of other nice things going on as well.

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/11792843/wnba-women-hoops-community-rallies-lauren-hill-inoperable-brain-cancer

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 10/30/14 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know the game is being televised on Fox's Ohio"s feed but is there a way to watch it live in Connecticut.

PostPosted: 10/30/14 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thought of those is sad as she likely won't be around for the 2015 WNBA draft, but IF there was a way for someone to draft her, it should be done. The last pick(#36) belongs to Phoenix.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/31/14 3:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The thought of those is sad as she likely won't be around for the 2015 WNBA draft, but IF there was a way for someone to draft her, it should be done. The last pick(#36) belongs to Phoenix.

Perhaps the WNBA could do what the NBA for Isaiah Austin. I think it would be a nice gesture and wouldn't force or have the WNBA encourage a team to use a draft pick on her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RAmHBWVVQo

BallState1984

PostPosted: 10/31/14 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I read it correctly, Steph White, Catch and Shavonte Zellous are going to be there as well. I got my credential confirmation yesterday and it sounds like the atmosphere can easily rival that of Final Four.

PostPosted: 10/31/14 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, I don't know why I can't keep my emotions in check when I think about or read anything about this. I don't know if it's the fact I coached girls/women for a couple of decades or that I have a 14 yr old daughter and cannot even fathom going through this with her.

All I know is this really gets to me big time.

When I think about the atmosphere with the huge crowd and think about the moments that are going to happen, in particular the game intros, her scoring (which I'm sure they will arrange something so she does), when she is removed from the game and then when the final horn blows...I would be a big pile of mush during all of that if I were to be there in person.

Beemer

PostPosted: 10/31/14 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
I know the game is being televised on Fox's Ohio"s feed but is there a way to watch it live in Connecticut.

I haven't seen anything but if I do I will post it here.

But I suppose Fox's NFL commitments would prevent them from televising the game nationally. Sad

PostPosted: 10/31/14 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be at work while the game is on, but I have it set to record, for three hours!! I hope that's enough!

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 10/31/14 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The game will only be broadcast on the Fox Ohio feed; however, Fox will stream it live on their app, Fox Sports Go. It is free to install and you can get it from Google Play, the iTunes App Store, Microsoft Store or the Amazon App Store.

http://www.msjsports.com/wbasketball/news/2014-15/3930/fox-sports-ohio-to-televise-live-the-nov-2-womens-basketball-game-between-the-mount-and-hiram-college/

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 10/31/14 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/31/14 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beemer wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:

But I suppose Fox's NFL commitments would prevent them from televising the game nationally. Sad

Not sure which regional station each is, but here's what I got for DirecTV: 649, 654, 660, 661, 665, 668, 671, 686 and 692 are showing it live.

There are a few that are repeating it later.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 11/01/14 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Beemer wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:

Not sure which regional station each is, but here's what I got for DirecTV: 649, 654, 660, 661, 665, 668, 671, 686 and 692 are showing it live.

There are a few that are repeating it later.

Translation: The game is being syndicated through FSN 9 stations have picked it up live...more on tape delay...good show FSN...also I am going to kick my landlord for making us (In our lease no less) give up DIRECTV for FIOS it also means I have to shell out for game plan just to get the NCAA tourney without being a slave to national coverage

http://www.1more4lauren.com/watch/

FCS are national feeds for those who get them (often on cable sports packages) Dissapoint at MSG+ For not picking it up...must be a hockey conflict...I only call them out since it was Bernert who set up the 1 more for Lauren web site. Im sure its scheduling and now will try to see if Fios actually HAS fox college or not Smile

Edit: They do...also While a local sports Anchor will be PBP they got DEBBIE ANTONELLI to do color Smile This will be a first class broadcast...well deserved.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: