RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mount Saint Joseph player's first and last game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 11/01/14 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if you have TWC, check out FCSA, channel 372 in WNY, tomorrow at 2pm. the game will be shown there. YAY!!! otherwise, check your TWC local listing for the channel.

marty

PostPosted: 11/01/14 10:00 am    ::: If you want to do something to help, Reply Reply with quote

Check out the #Layup4Lauren challenge. Becky Hammon has already participated...as has Lauren's treatment team, Xavier bb team and many others. Search on twitter and/or Facebook for more information.

Beemer

PostPosted: 11/01/14 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Beemer wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
I know the game is being televised on Fox's Ohio"s feed but is there a way to watch it live in Connecticut.

I haven't seen anything but if I do I will post it here.

But I suppose Fox's NFL commitments would prevent them from televising the game nationally. Sad

Not sure which regional station each is, but here's what I got for DirecTV: 649, 654, 660, 661, 665, 668, 671, 686 and 692 are showing it live.

There are a few that are repeating it later.

Thanks for the info! Smile

PostPosted: 11/02/14 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Redskin80 ‏@BallState1984 · 21m21 minutes ago
Little birdie said @KingJames was going to me in the house #1More4Lauren #PlayFor22

PostPosted: 11/02/14 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Pat Summitt in the house at the game. I knew the award was going to be presented, but didn't know Coach was going to be there too.
Queenie

PostPosted: 11/02/14 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love her spirit. She's all "call this my first collegiate game" and skip that "last game" bullshit.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Wow, Pat Summitt in the house at the game. I knew the award was going to be presented, but didn't know Coach was going to be there too.

Pat was a surprise. Lauren did not know, it was supposed to have been presented by EDD but Pat and Tamika drove up from Tennessee today. Lauren's parents were told in advance. Pat called Debbie Antonelli this morning and told her she was coming. Class lady. Love her.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I love her spirit. She's all "call this my first collegiate game" and skip that "last game" bullshit.

I agree with you about that "last game". I watched but missed the opening so I will catch that at 6pm on Fox Sports Ohio.

I was proud of all the wnba players that were there and all those who couldn't be there who participated. Lauren's story is sad and I feel for her family. As far as her not making it to Dec, I believe that only He knows that. Wishing her the best! Pat looks well.

stever

PostPosted: 11/02/14 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wLTEu8E5dPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 11/02/14 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most courageous, memorable play I have had the honor to witness. Still crying.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to say...that broadcast was very well done. There is no doubt that was a tough one to do as it was sad, tragic but yet also filled with strength, courage.

Wow, so many emotions.

I really think the commentators did a tremendous job handling everything and discussing things with many of the individuals there.

I cannot believe how courageous Lauren Hill is...amazing. She is truly an inspiration.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 11/02/14 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I have to say...that broadcast was very well done. There is no doubt that was a tough one to do as it was sad, tragic but yet also filled with strength, courage.

Wow, so many emotions.

I really think the commentators did a tremendous job handling everything and discussing things with many of the individuals there.

I cannot believe how courageous Lauren Hill is...amazing. She is truly an inspiration.

Toughest gig I've seen. Antonelli was excellent, even got off some of her normal basketball rants. She is such the Doc Emerick of WBB...she had a great one on D3 athletes themselves. The local Cincy Newsman (who broke the story) obviously got a little shaken when Lauren himself chided him for calling it her last game (PS Go Lauren for that I was oh snapping Very Happy) but he was solid on the interviews and at least looked at the game (that was very close until the end, was a good example of WBB at that level) It had to be part telethon, part game and part missing intestine story but they kept everything in balance and Kept it together as well...

also Kudos to the Cincinnati community.

I was like OK this is America Charlie Brown, they're gonna show up...watch Lauren make the basket, applaud, maybe stay for Pat to give the award then leave. Place was 95% full at the buzzer and most all stayed for the local award given postgame. THAT was wonderful, Shows how great that community was.

It was a memorable event that reminded me why I loved WBB...I'm normally pretty jaded about these kinds of stories...even find them a source for humor at times...but it was so obvious that this was done out of love for the game first, then for raising awareness for something no one knew much about...and that is wonderful...I Have compared this as a modern version of Terry Fox, who tried to cross his native Canada to bring attention to Canada and is basically considered one of Canada's greatest Icon's and Heroes. I dunno if it's that far but it's the same idea...Love of something they thought they never would do again + a want to spread awareness on a meaningful level...and she did both great. It was something special to watch and Im glad I tuned in...truly moved. I don't move easily.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also well done by Hiram College.
Quote:
"We're trying to look at the bigger picture and what this game stands for, not necessarily the wins and losses. It's for everyone in basketball showing support for Lauren," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/10/29/hiram-college-players-will-defend-lauren-hill-while-rooting-for-her-to-score/

BallState1984

PostPosted: 11/02/14 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I cried all the way home.

BTW, did not see LeBron, but there was a player from the Bills sitting behind me along the baseline with his wife and four kids. Steph and Zellous sat behind the MSJ bench and I think the other WNBA players were in a suite.

This was a class act all around from the NCAA to Xavier to the Cincinnati cops who do the security.

Pat Summit did not look good at all.

PostPosted: 11/02/14 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't think that Pat looked bad. I was watching on tv so maybe she looked worse in person. For what she has been going through I thought she looked good. I did wonder about her speech tho since she didn't speak but let Catch do the presentation of the Award. Very emotional indeed and hats off to all the w players who attended as well as those who made video's and dedicated games and their season to Lauren. I was impressed.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 11/03/14 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
I cried all the way home.

BTW, did not see LeBron, but there was a player from the Bills sitting behind me along the baseline with his wife and four kids. Steph and Zellous sat behind the MSJ bench and I think the other WNBA players were in a suite.

This was a class act all around from the NCAA to Xavier to the Cincinnati cops who do the security.

Pat Summit did not look good at all.

The NFL player was Fred Jackson, running back from the Buffalo Bills.

PostPosted: 11/03/14 3:33 pm    ::: Wow Reply Reply with quote

Her courage is amazing and should make us all feel grateful that we get to see this and all the young women we love to watch.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 11/03/14 10:18 pm    ::: Re: Wow Reply Reply with quote

I think Lauren has become a wonderful inspiration to everyone's she's touched, even if she's only become known mostly by her reputation. Her heart and soul for basketball helped me today, and for this, I will always be grateful for the small glimpse I have been given of her spirit. Thank you, Lauren.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Howee

PostPosted: 11/03/14 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw CBS and NBC each showed this story on their broadcasts of world news tonight. Awesome.

I may have missed it here, but does anyone have a link to view the archived game (or wasn't it archived?)?

PostPosted: 11/04/14 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, shameless plug...

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/content/bb/wc-bb/gal-wc-bb/ncaa-diii-womens-basketball-mount-st-joseph-66-vs-.shtml?61064

PostPosted: 11/04/14 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Ok, shameless plug...

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/content/bb/wc-bb/gal-wc-bb/ncaa-diii-womens-basketball-mount-st-joseph-66-vs-.shtml?61064

Thank you for the description of the jerseys. I thought I heard them explain it on the TV broadcast but I didn't catch the whole thing.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 11/04/14 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
Ok, shameless plug...

Great photo gallery.
Richard 77

PostPosted: 11/07/14 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

General Mills adds their admiration for Lauren.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/wheaties-presents-lauren-hill-a-cereal-box-with-her-image-on-it-165205712.html

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
gopher5

PostPosted: 11/10/14 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice story on the team from Hiram:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/meet-the-team-that-moved-their-game-to-let-lauren-hill-play/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/14/14 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wthr.com/story/27386107/2014/11/14/cancer-ridden-college-basketball-player-raises-more-than-175k-to-fight-cancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: