RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Radar on yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 09/24/14 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Tyler Scaife. With the bigger stage in the B1G, a lot of people will be surprised at how good she is.

This has no significance at all to anyone but me but...my daughter played well against Tyler in high school and I lament how far she could have gone if she had stuck with it. Sorry just one of my whiny moments.

Yeah Tyler is good. I am sure she has gotten better than when I saw her play in high school. I didn't watch any Rutgers games.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/27/14 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody here getting any *buzz* yet on Indiana's new freshman, Tyra Buss?

Her bio excerpts are pretty remarkable:
Quote:
... holds Illinois girls basketball records in career scoring (4,897), career free throws made (1,185), highest career scoring average (38.0),....her career point total ranks as the second highest scoring total nationally ever by a high girls basketball player, ranks second nationally all-time in career free throws made,... as a senior, averaged 45.8 points,.... she scored 60 or more points in a single game three times in 2013-14, including a career-high 66 points vs. Princeton on Dec, 28, 2013 ... was the state runner-up in the IHSA's state 3-point competition ...

PostPosted: 09/28/14 1:59 pm    ::: Re: Radar on yet? Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
-------------
I wasn't really referring to Tara's Xs & Os; she's quite knowledgeable about that, tho varying personnel execute differently. For me, it's more about the sense of *tightness* I've noticed in her more recent teams. I remember the fluidity and pizzazz that you could see, back in the day when even Jillian Harmon could light it up, cuz she was 'hot' that night. Newlin, Appel, Pedersen--it seemed like ANYbody could take over a game.
---------------------------I just get the strong vibe that TVD doesn't instill confidence in players to SHINE, to play to their max: I see lots of tentativeness and hesitation, for fear of getting benched or whatever....(?) It may just be my own perception, but....there it is. Cool

Know you didn't want to carry on in this vain but I felt I might add some clarity to your perception. I do think you are right about the tightness that Tara seems to instill. I believe she herself tightens up in games that she is expected to win. She does better when her team is not the favorite. This might bode well for this season.

I think it goes back many years when Stanford had those great teams, expected to win the NCAA's, but injuries or something else always got in the way to derail the team. I think Tara got to the point where she was always expecting the other shoe to fall. An example was the Appel injury It seemed like she went into a brain freeze and played Appel when it was obvious that her presence on the court was hurting the team rather than helping. The team was better with her off the floor and it was her ineffective presence that allowed Uconn to come back and win the game. It required a monumental brain f*rt for a coach of her ability to not recognize that mistake earlier. Tara seems to be afraid to lose when she is favored and that probably transfers over to some of her players.

More on track- I also am no that impressed with McColl. She seems like a solid player who would be an asset to any team but not someone who can carry a team. This seems reflected by her high school teams history in a weak Bakersfield section and in the CIF playoffs. Although they did make it to the State Finals through a far less than stellar D2 field in her senior year. Generally a player of her caliber should have been able to have more of an impact especially in the ( weak (Bakersfield section the preceding years. To me she appears to be a very high caliber role player.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/28/14 3:05 pm    ::: Nice Wiltalk Reply Reply with quote

Agree on your points re TVD, have not enjoyed her freezing for some time now. The only thing keeping the team afloat are the scouting reports which work well against subpar coaching but against teams like Uconn who make constant adjustments the in game TVD coaching is non existent. Stanford has players but they are pulled and and not allowed to play free unless they are the few favorites. Problem is Chiney could have improved her game a ton , i.e. using her left and getting some kind of outside shot but she didn't.

Love Buss btw, great high school player and hopefully it will translate.

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 10/05/14 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.utrockets.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=18000&SPID=10722&SPSID=89714

U of Toledo's roster. Believe although young, combo of very seasoned seniors and jrs plus the overseas players who have international tournament playing time will make them contenders for 2015 and future years to come.

(Also, wanted to see if new tech ability to press on players name, bring up full bio/stats worked-so far so good- 6'3 Kessler's bio particularly impressive for frosh.)

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 10/05/14 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Triple post

Last edited by shadowboxer on 10/05/14 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
shadowboxer

PostPosted: 10/05/14 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Triple post

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/05/14 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
White is a power forward and will play behind Aleighsa Welch. South Carolina is set at center with Coates and Elem Ibiam.

I am also looking forward to seeing Cuevas play. If you enjoyed watching Sammy Prahalis play, you will like Cuevas.

They already have an outstanding front court and with the additions, will probably be the best overall (considering depth) in the nation. Really looking forward to watching this team this year.

- Amanda Gorman
HoopsQueen

PostPosted: 10/20/14 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UVA's backcourt of Fr. Mikayla Venson and Jr. Faith Randolph when the lights go on this duo is going surprise WBB. They have something very special brewing in C'ville

PostPosted: 10/20/14 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HoopsQueen wrote:
UVA's backcourt of Fr. Mikayla Venson and Jr. Faith Randolph when the lights go on this duo is going surprise WBB. They have something very special brewing in C'ville

I'd L.O.V.E. UVA to get back 'on the map' again....more power to 'em!!

PostPosted: 11/16/14 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Indiana's freshman Tyra Buss had a big career opening night for the Hoosiers: 18 pts., 5 ast., and 7 steals. Bright future, or fluke?

PostPosted: 05/29/15 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.utrockets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18000&ATCLID=210115788

Toledo adds pg transferring from Murray St., Olivia Cunningham.

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 05/30/15 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quoting some post I just read but can't locate, this may sound "whiny" but the following is a list of Toledo's 2015 recruits listed on various rating services with errors on year committed, giving us an incorrect player, or just omitting players names altogether. U of Toledo's 2015 recruits include;

Kaayla McIntyre, 2015, assessed as 4 star player by two rating services

Hallee Printz,2015, assessed as 4 star player by at least one rating service

Sarah St Forte, 2015 from Canada, with no name located in any rating service, although she has an outstanding playing history from Canada, including being named to All Canada Team

Olivia Cunningham, a transfer sophomore from Murray St., with a 2 star rating in 2014 from at least one rating service

Thank you Rebkell for giving this midmajor fan a place to accurately share our recruits names and known ratings.

http://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/photo/4591/3360/c25b4be3-3f79-46b4-839b-050dd25ba20e.jpg Just added a quick picture of Kaayla in the 2014 D1OH semi-finals against Wadsworth, which Kaayla's school, Notre Dame Academy, Toledo won, although they lost the final.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: