RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Some teams with some recruiting work to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/15/14 10:32 am    ::: Some teams with some recruiting work to do. Reply Reply with quote

There are a couple teams that have been relatively quiet on the recruiting scene but with 2 months left, will need to make some noise.

Texas A & M: Have one verbal. In the finals for Kalani Brown. Those two additions would give the Aggies 12 players for 2015-16. But half of that team will be seniors. That may not mean that Blair goes after anymore frosh. He has a penchant for bringing in transfers (4 of the current lineup were JUCO or from another Division ! school).

Rutgers: Currently has one verbal for 2015-2016. By my count, they will have 9 players on their 2015-16 team so expect them to add more.

North Carolina: They have two verbals for 2015 and one for 2016. With 4 more schollies available for 2015-2016 and 4 seniors leaving following that year, Hatchell will probably pick up a few more verbals this Fall.

Northwestern: One verbal for 2015-2016 and a big senior class leaving after that year. The good think for Wildcats is that their best players are currently sophomores so they'll probably bring in some pieces to build around that class.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/15/14 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TarheelInsider indicates that Carolina is looking at both Destinee Walker (out of Florida) and homeskillet girl Aliyah Mazyck.

Rutgers has a instate Forward in Samantha Fuerhring as well (she visited Louisville this weekend).

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/15/14 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just noticed that Carolina has two 2016 recruits as they have Jocelyn Jones (VA) and Taylor Koenen (MN).

themick1952

PostPosted: 09/15/14 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee needs at least one big in 2015. Harrison and Burdick, their top two rebounders in 2013-14, are graduating and Russell, expected to start in the middle next year is still an unknown with her surgically repaired feet.

They are in the running for Brown and Mompremier.

loneycafe

PostPosted: 09/15/14 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
TarheelInsider indicates that Carolina is looking at both Destinee Walker (out of Florida) and homeskillet girl Aliyah Mazyck.

Rutgers has a instate Forward in Samantha Fuerhring as well (she visited Louisville this weekend).

Aliyah Mazyck has also visited Texas A&M.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/15/14 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette has 4 seniors and only one verbal commitment for 2015-16 that I know of so far. Of course the recent coaching change is a factor I'm sure. They have very uneven classes at this point with one junior (and she had a redshirt year - was originally with the seniors), one sophomore and 5 frosh (one is a redshirt).

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 09/15/14 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul has no 2015 commitments so far. I believe we are still in the running for two top 50 recruits in Tania Davis and Khadazia Sanders. I was thinking we would pick up some good recruits because of our performance in the NCAAs last year as well as the type of basketball we play. Hoping for some good pickups in the fall.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 09/15/14 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina hasn't announced any 2015 committments so far . I'm pretty sure Destinee Walker visited on Sept. 6 . I think I saw her with Dawn & Nikki on the sidelines before the football game . I think Beatrice Mompremier will probably visit . Not sure who else .

Colerr

PostPosted: 09/15/14 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe Rutgers is also after Aliyah Mazyck as well(not sure though), also are in the top 3 for 6'3 post Victoria Harris from GA(ranked #97 by PN).

And I also think RU is still being considered by 6-0 W Aliyah Jeune (Ranked #62 by PN.)

So Rutgers could have a pretty good class if the pieces fall right.

beknighted

PostPosted: 09/16/14 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colerr wrote:
I believe Rutgers is also after Aliyah Mazyck as well(not sure though), also are in the top 3 for 6'3 post Victoria Harris from GA(ranked #97 by PN).

And I also think RU is still being considered by 6-0 W Aliyah Jeune (Ranked #62 by PN.)

So Rutgers could have a pretty good class if the pieces fall right.

For reasons that always have eluded me, RU recruits tend not to announce that they've committed before the early signing period. (Not all of them, mind, but a much higher percentage than any serious program.)

Jeune is something of a conundrum. Opinion is split among people on the RU board about whether she is likely to go to RU or not. She and her older sister originally were thought to be a package deal. The current rumor is that she's looking at St. John's as a possibility, but I personally have no idea.

Oh, and there are 4 seniors, not 5, although Briyona Canty is a redshirt junior, and there's at least a theoretical possibility she could leave after this year. RU also has at least one additional scholarship available and possibly two. (It's not clear whether one of the end of the bench players is on scholarship or is a walk-on.) The current 14 player roster is unusually large for CVS, although she's been wanting to have more players the last few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: