RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let's Hope That the BBall Unis are Better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/19/14 12:57 pm    ::: Let's Hope That the BBall Unis are Better Reply Reply with quote

I kind of like the shoes on slide 12, but that's about it.

http://www.wsbt.com/sports/photos-notre-dame-releases-images-of-new-under-armour-unis/27614904

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/19/14 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What do you find objectionable?

Under Armor actually produced an oustanding traditional look, not some pseudo-Nike monstrosity. I'm very pleasantly surprised. And the Shamrock game unis are by far the best yet for the series.

So glad to be done with Adidas.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 08/19/14 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
GEF34

PostPosted: 08/19/14 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the design of the jersey in slide #8.

Brinx

PostPosted: 08/19/14 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like them, don't seem drastically different than we've seen before. It will be neat to see what all UA does with ND unis.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/19/14 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

That hideous print. Shocked

You know that they are going to work it into a panel of the uniform so that we have to look at it during the games.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/19/14 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:

Shocked I need a nausea emoticon. Wink

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/19/14 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

You know that they are going to work it into a panel of the uniform so that we have to look at it during the games.

You realize do you not that the "hideous print" on the undershirt is the mosaic from the floor of the Admin building directly under the Golden Dome. and the helmets have a cross hatch that also mirrors the actual exterior of the Dome. Here is the explanation. http://youtu.be/40IB75L3eAU I think it's great. Instead of coming up with some random outlandish design like Adidas did for the Shamrock Series games, Under Armor made an effort to utilize iconic features from the Notre Dame campus.

This tells you something about the money in football, though. All the design and production of these special uniforms that will be used for just one game.

I like the regular uniforms too though. I've never been much of an UA fan. I thought their Marlyand uniforms were atrocious. But they're doing good work for their new clients. Auburn's new UA uniforms look good too. They may make me a customer yet.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 08/19/14 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/19/14 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:

That's the design of the mosaic in the center of the floor under the Golden Dome in the ND Administration building. See the video on my previous post.

I like it.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/19/14 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
I like them, don't seem drastically different than we've seen before. It will be neat to see what all UA does with ND unis.

I think it's a good thing that they look traditional. There was some concern about them trying to out-Nike Nike when the switch to UA was announced. But these are good.

The new UA Soccer unis look great too.

Hopefully no more of the hideous camo things like Adidas created for the men's and Women's BB two years ago.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/19/14 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

You realize do you not that the "hideous print" on the undershirt is the mosaic from the floor of the Admin building directly under the Golden Dome. and the helmets have a cross hatch that also mirrors the actual exterior of the Dome. Here is the explanation. http://youtu.be/40IB75L3eAU I think it's great. Instead of coming up with some random outlandish design like Adidas did for the Shamrock Series games, Under Armor made an effort to utilize iconic features from the Notre Dame campus.

This tells you something about the money in football, though. All the design and production of these special uniforms that will be used for just one game.

I like the regular uniforms too though. I've never been much of an UA fan. I thought their Marlyand uniforms were atrocious. But they're doing good work for their new clients. Auburn's new UA uniforms look good too. They may make me a customer yet.

Doesn't mean it isn't hideous. Very Happy

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 08/23/14 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I realize that they are a private, catholic university, but having God's country on the uniforms isn't the weirdest thing about these unis? I mean isn't that kind of calling out their God to make them winners because it is his country? And if they lose is it God's fault? That is beyond anything.

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 08/23/14 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry to continue, but doesn't that kind of call out all of the other private universities such as Baylor, SMU, BYU and say that God is on our side, not yours? What??!?!?!?!

GEF34

PostPosted: 08/23/14 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
I realize that they are a private, catholic university, but having God's country on the uniforms isn't the weirdest thing about these unis? I mean isn't that kind of calling out their God to make them winners because it is his country? And if they lose is it God's fault? That is beyond anything.

I don't know if it makes a difference in your thinking, but it doesn't say "God's Country" it says "God, Country, Notre Dame".

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/23/14 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:

I don't know if it makes a difference in your thinking, but it doesn't say "God's Country" it says "God, Country, Notre Dame".

Which is carved over an entrance of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at Notre Dame -

It's another nice touch by UA tying in the traditions of the university.

GEF34

PostPosted: 08/23/14 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:

Which is carved over an entrance of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at Notre Dame -

It's another nice touch by UA tying in the traditions of the university.

I think it's pretty cool, I like how they are adding things to the uniforms that can been seen around the campus.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/23/14 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:

I think it's pretty cool, I like how they are adding things to the uniforms that can been seen around the campus.

I do too, and these are iconic symbols that any ND student or alum immedietly recognizes. UA is working hard on these things. I'm impressed.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 08/25/14 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ddubdawg wrote:

It's what is supposed to be the priorities of service for ND alumni and students. God first, then Country, then Notre Dame.

It's also meant as a reference to ND alumni who have served our country in the military.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: