RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who starts for your team(s)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 07/21/14 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Lotsa players to choose from at UCLA, and it's probably a terrible idea to even attempt a guess, but to attempt a guess at an opening day starting lineup...

G Jordin Canada
G Nirra Fields
G Kari Korver
F Lajahna Drummer
C Corinne Costa

The only lead-pipe cinch above is Nirra. Wouldn't be shocked to see Caldwell or Swain in the starting lineup in place of one of the others. But, truly, I've got no idea.

I've been thinking about our starters the last couple days but haven't been able to post because it is such a wide open race. At this point the only safe bet is Nirra Fields.

G Jordin Canada
G Nirra Fields
G Kari Korver
F Kacy Swain / Lajahna Drummer
C Corinne Costa / Savy Trapp

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a loyalty start from Brooks in the first few games.

My understanding is that Savvy Trapp is developing apace, but is not quite ready yet for a big-time role.

I, personally, would be quite surprised to see a start from Brooks before Senior Day, unless Coach Close finds herself trying to send some sort of major message to the rest of the team. Hope we don't find ourselves in that situation.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 07/21/14 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee
1. Ariel Massengale 1-1 Andraya Carter
2. Jannah Tucker 2-2 Jordan Reynolds
3. Cierra Burdick 3-3 Jaime Nared
4. Bashaara Graves 4-4 Jasmine Jones
5. Isabelle Harrison 5-5 Mercedes Russell

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/21/14 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
Tennessee

That's ten very highly rated players ... just like the old days in Knoxville.

How many were Mickey's Girls? And how many USA Basketball?

PostPosted: 07/21/14 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justynkarr wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
OU:

Gabbi Ortiz
McKenna Treece
Sharane Campbell
Gioya Carter
Kaylon Williams

Another team where freshmen are going to be important. I think Vionise Pierre-Louis will be starting once she gets healthy.

I don't see Carter starting over Manning or Little.

Ortiz
Little
Manning
Campbell
Treece (Pierre-Louis when healthy)

Williams and Carter will probably be the first off the bench though.

I can see the debate between Little/Carter starting, but....Carter really did a great job of leading things last year, imo. I'd think she's got the inside track on that. BUTTT! Manning, if she's 100%, has GOTTA be a starter.

BIG QUESTION: Whatever happened to Felisha Gibbs!?? I always thought that kid had a LOT of potential, and now....she's GONE???

PostPosted: 07/22/14 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Howee"]
justynkarr wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
OU:

Gabbi Ortiz
McKenna Treece
Sharane Campbell
Gioya Carter
Kaylon Williams

Another team where freshmen are going to be important. I think Vionise Pierre-Louis will be starting once she gets healthy.

Ortiz
Little
Manning
Campbell

I can see the debate between Little/Carter starting, but....Carter really did a great job of leading things last year, imo. I'd think she's got the inside track on that. BUTTT! Manning, if she's 100%, has GOTTA be a starter.

BIG QUESTION: [b]Whatever happened to Felisha Gibbs!?? I always thought that kid had a LOT of potential, and now....she's GONE???[/[/b]quote]

Yeah, that seem weird to me too, I liked Gibbs and then I looked on the roster and she's not listed!! I may have just missed it but I never heard an announcement that she was leaving or why.

Manning should get a starting spot but that would probably put Williams on the bench and the roster would be a bit guard heavy for my liking... I would'nt be surprised if it went that way though. Carter is familiar with the team, at least more than Little.....Little may eventually take over but I see Carter starting for a while at least and for a young player she does have a good ability to lead.

dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 07/22/14 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
Tennessee

On paper it looks like the 2nd best team in the country. It will be interesting to see how they work together

justynkarr

PostPosted: 07/22/14 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="AAOK423"]
Howee wrote:
justynkarr wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
OU:

Gabbi Ortiz
McKenna Treece
Sharane Campbell
Gioya Carter
Kaylon Williams

Ortiz
Little
Manning
Campbell

BIG QUESTION: [b]Whatever happened to Felisha Gibbs!?? I always thought that kid had a LOT of potential, and now....she's GONE???[/[/b]quote]

Yeah, that seem weird to me too, I liked Gibbs and then I looked on the roster and she's not listed!! I may have just missed it but I never heard an announcement that she was leaving or why.

Manning should get a starting spot but that would probably put Williams on the bench and the roster would be a bit guard heavy for my liking... I would'nt be surprised if it went that way though. Carter is familiar with the team, at least more than Little.....Little may eventually take over but I see Carter starting for a while at least and for a young player she does have a good ability to lead.

1. Gibbs transferred to Washburn University at the beginning of the summer. D2 school in Kansas. I will miss her.

2. I love Carter's energy and she did play well last year. But Little sat on that bench with Maddie and the coaches all season and I really think that has a strong effect on players (i.e. Whitney Hand). Plus I think she's a much better shooter than Carter which is why I give her the starting 2 spot.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/22/14 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justynkarr wrote:
1. Gibbs transferred to Washburn University at the beginning of the summer. D2 school in Kansas. I will miss her.

Do you know, Justyn, was there any reason given? I'm curious because the few times I saw Gibbs play, I was impressed; I thought she had real potential. Then, I'd watch all these blowout games, and she nevernevernever seemed to get any minutes at all, toward the end of the season.

Now, I know there's any number of reasons a kid might have been in a coach's doghouse, but....given how much Coale needed post players last year, I'd have thought Sherri would have done more to develop a player she went to all the trouble of bringing to OU. Strikes me as odd, is all.... Confused

Thanks for the info, at least. I may try to follow her career in KS, just to see if she develops into a decent player.

PostPosted: 07/23/14 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor:

Niya Johnson
Imani Wright
Iesha Small
Nina Davis
Sune Agbuke

If Alexis Prince is back from her injury, she is in the starting lineup. K.K. Cave gets a lot of playing time too. The true freshman Kristy Wallace may get a lot of minutes also.

tigermojo

PostPosted: 07/23/14 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
LSU
G Jasmine Rhodes
G Danielle Ballard
G DaShawn Harden
F Sheila Boykin
F Ann Jones

I have a couple of changes for mine Icey, let me know what you think

Raygiene (spelling is way off)Moncrieff
Harden
Ballard
Alliyah Fareo
Ann Jones or Boykin

I am really, really HOPING for a breakout senior season from Boykin. She has always been a very hard worker, pretty good rebounder---but can she start to score is the question. We desperately need points.

Please tell me we're not assuming that Moncrieff won't be ready to play by the beginning of the season. that wuld be a huge bummer. Of course, if she's not able to go at the beginning, Rhodes is the obvious choice in her place.

Both of these line-ups give us no true PG, but with Ballard and Harden both being excellent combos, and with Hill as an adequate backup, I think we'll be fine. In fact, I think we may have one of the best backcourts in the country when it's all said and done. I also think Ballard wears #55 and has close to an All America season---I'm predicting somewhere around 18 points, 7 to 8 boards, and a good 5 assists per game.

noleman

PostPosted: 07/24/14 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tried figuring out FSUs lineup. Kinda hard to put together with all the newcomers (freshman & transfers). Semrau has a lot of different combos she can go with, my first guess would be:

Shakena Richardson(Rutgers) - Emiah Bingley - Chania Ray
Brittany Brown - Maegan Conwright (Kentucky)
Morgan Jones - Shakayla Thomas
Ivey Slaughter - Lauren Coleman - Gabby Bevillard
Kai James - Adut Bulgak - Ama Degbeon

Wouldnt be suprised to see Thomas or Bulgak crack the starting lineup. Adding Romero to this lineup will make fsu even better next season since they dont lose much this year.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 07/25/14 6:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got this confirmed for SHU finally...Diashia Simmons of RU and Bama Fame transferred and is graduate eligible right away for the Pirates...another nice pickup for Tony...which means the backcourt situation is likely solved

So it will be most likely

PG K Simmons
SG D Simmons (This will be confusing since K simmons goes by the nickname Didi)
SF Richardson Smith
PF Ali
C Jones

But Tony has many options to choose from for 2...which is a good thing...he's gotten a deep team quickly thanks to some good transfers and jucos, and after The Simmonses leave, he's got his old Iona friend Aleesha Powell ready to pick up the slack for the Pirates in 15-16...this team is serious about an NCAA bid...have them as a sleeper pick in your bracketologies Smile

PostPosted: 07/25/14 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gary Blair returns almost everyone but has a hole to fill in the middle with the graduation of P Karla Gilbert. There are other post options on the roster but they are limited in experience. In fact, Blair may start a smaller line-up early on until a post player gains more experience.

pg Jordan Jones
g Courtney Walker
g Tori Scott
w Courtney Williams
f Achiri Ade

Of the post players, Rachel Mitchell has been with the team the longest. A redshirt junior, she's has played very sparingly, including missing part of last season after serving a suspension for assault. Sophomore Jada Terry didn't see much playing time last year either. Khallia Hillsman is true frosh, highly decorated in high school but not certain if she is in collegiate shape.

Blair likes to play JUCO players and may have a solid contributor in guard Schlonte Allen who lead Trinity Valley to the NJCAA Division I title. Also, Taylor Cooper is eligible after sitting out a year while transferring from Oral Roberts. She'll see playing time at the wing as a three point shooter, an area the in which the Aggies were woeful last season.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/26/14 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:
Tried figuring out FSUs lineup. Kinda hard to put together with all the newcomers (freshman & transfers). Semrau has a lot of different combos she can go with, my first guess would be:

Wouldnt be suprised to see Thomas or Bulgak crack the starting lineup. Adding Romero to this lineup will make fsu even better next season since they dont lose much this year.

Slaughter and Brown had superb frosh outings last year and Thomas could be the next newbie to replicate such excellence. What this team has is more depth than last year's team; a big factor in determining success in March. And in a league where Maryland, Duke, and UNC lost their best players, FSU could make a push to challenge Notre Dame for the league title. Probably a year away though.

beknighted

PostPosted: 07/26/14 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
noleman wrote:

Slaughter and Brown had superb frosh outings last year and Thomas could be the next newbie to replicate such excellence. What this team has is more depth than last year's team; a big factor in determining success in March. And in a league where Maryland, Duke, and UNC lost their best players, FSU could make a push to challenge Notre Dame for the league title. Probably a year away though.

I'm pretty confident that Maryland won't be in the running for the ACC title either this year or next year.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/26/14 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
noleman wrote:

I'm pretty confident that Maryland won't be in the running for the ACC title either this year or next year.

hahaha....good point.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/26/14 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan State:

pg So. Tori Jankoska: 12.7 ppg
w So. Brandeis Agee
w So. Aerial Powers: Led team in points, rebounds, and assists last season
f Sr. Becca Mills
c Sr. Jasmine Thomas

I think the three frosh: G Alexis Gussert, F Jasmine Lumpkin and P Kennedy Johnson will all play key roles as reserves.

I'd be surprised if Kiana Johnson is still on the team after her series of missteps the last couple of years and Madison WIlliams injured her knee (again) last March.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/27/14 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Didn't Florida State lose their best player (Natasha Howard) as well? But I agree the future looks good for FSU.

PhillyCat

PostPosted: 07/27/14 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
Tennessee

Tucker is coming off her second ACL surgery in April and hasn't played in 2 years. I'd be shocked if she's a starter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: