RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who starts for your team(s)?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/14/14 11:57 am    ::: Who starts for your team(s)? Reply Reply with quote

Kids are reporting to summer session so everyone is getting an idea of who will be filling out the rosters for your fave teams.

So who starts? Will the starting line-up from day one be the same as the starting line-up one month in, or at the start of conference?

The Maren Walseth era is beginning at NDSU. It looks like all are back who were eligible to return. I think it will be scrambled eggs in terms of line-ups all season long but my best stab is:

PG Brooke LeMar, Sr. 15.1 ppg*, 37% 3pt*, 160 assists*
G Taylor Thunstedt, FR.
W Bree Whatman, So. 75 assists
W Holly Johnson, Jr. 13.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg
F Mareena Whittle, Jr. 13.4 ppg, 7.1 rpg*, .333% 3pt, 34 steals*

* lead the team in 13-14

It's really a crapshoot as none of the incoming kids are Walseth's recruits so se really doesn't have loyalty in playing them.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 07/14/14 12:22 pm    ::: Here's mine Reply Reply with quote

Geno
Muffet
McCallie
Mulkey
Ivey

Most entertaining.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/14/14 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If not all 5, then I'd guess 4 of the 5 spots are locked-up at UConn.

Jefferson
Chong*
Lewis
Stewart
Stokes

*Hoping Chong makes a nice overall frosh-to-soph improvement and leaves no doubt she's the #2 guard.

PostPosted: 07/14/14 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My best guess:

PG Lindsey Allen
SG Michaela Mabrey
W Jewell Loyd
F Taya Reimer
F Brianna Turner or Markisha Wright

bacabuck

PostPosted: 07/14/14 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the idea of the post but as I often am, I am confused.

Per OP;....."So who starts? Will the starting line-up from day one be the same as the starting line-up one month in, or at the start of conference?"

Those are 3 different questions (line ups) and another might be who actually starts the game and which five actually get the most minutes?

Another factor may be that some of our players don't even recognize each other yet,...........so how would anyone on this site know who they are?

I am afraid that I will need some time on this.

Carry on.

Last edited by bacabuck on 07/14/14 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
icey23

PostPosted: 07/14/14 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU
G Jasmine Rhodes
G Danielle Ballard
G DaShawn Harden
F Sheila Boykin
F Ann Jones

PostPosted: 07/14/14 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I'll be adopting the lovely ladies of the University of Pennsylvania this season, as I make my transition to city life in Philadelphia.

Pennsylvania opens their campaign against national power Tennessee--unfortunately in Knoxville rather than at the Palestra.

G Kathleen Roche
G Renee Busch
F Katy Allen
F Kara Bonneburger
C Sydney Stipanovich

dinkytown

PostPosted: 07/14/14 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota

G Rachel Banham
G Carlie Wagner
G Shayne Mullaney
F Shae Kelley
C Amanda Zahui B.

bacabuck

PostPosted: 07/14/14 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Minnesota

G Rachel Banham
G Carlie Wagner
G Shayne Mullaney
F Shae Kelley
C Amanda Zahui B.

Just curious, is there an Amanda Zahui A. ?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 07/14/14 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall: Gonna be some questions, Cook went to VTech, Brown didn't make the grade in class and was let go. Cook started as a starter then became their 6th woman, Brown missed the non con with a broken hand and was a MAJOR catalyst for the Pirates

On the good news front, Janae Johnson got a 6th year and will play as a super senior. JUCO Transfer Tiffany Jones (Not to be confused with Tiffany Jackson Jones or Tiffany Jones Smart her assistant coach!) is supposed to be a REALLY good post something the Pirates sorely missed last year despite making a deep NIT Run and having a solid 20 win season.

So the Lineup is a little in Flux but less than you think (Also Jordan Mosley will be in the 2 guard hunt returning from an Injury Redshirt)

G: Didi Simmons (Lower level prospect, pure distributor, may get a look in such a poor draft)
G: Tabitha Richardson Smith (Played 3 last year and Ali may very well start at 4 with Lundberg or Mosley playing 2 but for now I'll put as an oversized 2, pure scorer.)
F: BraShay Ali (Hard rebounder, Kentucky transfer and was a major spark last year)
F: Janae Johnson (veteran leader, pure defender, played center last year on a small team)
C: Tiffany Jones (VERY highly touted Juco transfer)

Keep an Eye out for pure Shooter Claire Lundberg and Post project Molineaux...two freshmen that the Pirates are counting on.

Think it will be a good season, they are thinking NCAAs and with a tougher schedule it could happen...going to contend seriously for the Big East title.

PostPosted: 07/14/14 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bacabuck wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
Minnesota

G Rachel Banham
G Carlie Wagner
G Shayne Mullaney
F Shae Kelley
C Amanda Zahui B.

Most Americans don't have two last names, so she shortened Bazoukou to B

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 07/14/14 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought I'd throw in Penn's archrival Tigers lineup for fun.

G Blake Dietrick
G Michelle Miller
G Amanda Berntsen
F Alex Wheatley
F Taylor Williams

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 07/14/14 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart
Lewis
Jefferson
Stokes
?

Chong is not a given. Considering that four freshman guards will be pressing her for minutes, it is going to be a make or break year for her. Either she will start or be at the Heather Buck end of the bench. There is no in between.

PostPosted: 07/14/14 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart
KML
Jefferson
Stoke
Chong

I guess Geno always starts 2 guards ~~~

bacabuck

PostPosted: 07/15/14 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bacabuck wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
Minnesota

G Rachel Banham
G Carlie Wagner
G Shayne Mullaney
F Shae Kelley
C Amanda Zahui B.

Most Americans don't have two last names, so she shortened Bazoukou to B

Thank you..........Sometimes we do hyphenate but I do see the problem. Thanks again.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/15/14 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa Hawkeyes:

Likely starting line-up:

Sr. pg Sam Logic: (1st Team all B1G), topped Hawks in Assists, Boards, steals and 3 point shooting.
Sr. G Melissa Dixon: 97 3 pointers last season (Single season record): double digit scoring average
So. G Ally Disterhoft: (All B1G Frosh Team), double digit scoring average
Jr. F Claire Till
Sr. C Bethany Doolittle (2nd team all B1G) lead team in scoring and blocked shots

The F position will be most contested as the other 4 spots return double digit scoring. A four guard option is a possibility as is a duo post option thanks to the versatility of the frosh class. Experience is on Till or fellow Junior Kali Peschel to fill that role.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 07/15/14 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
LSU
G Jasmine Rhodes
G Danielle Ballard
G DaShawn Harden
F Sheila Boykin
F Ann Jones

Any news on Moncreif's recovery from knee injury?

icey23

PostPosted: 07/15/14 10:42 am    ::: working out Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
icey23 wrote:
LSU
G Jasmine Rhodes
G Danielle Ballard
G DaShawn Harden
F Sheila Boykin
F Ann Jones

Any news on Moncreif's recovery from knee injury?

None. I've seen some videos on Tasha Butts IG of her working out.

PostPosted: 07/15/14 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers

Very exciting for this season, and the return of almost every one and adding some exciting pieces.

G. Syessence Davis( 4.8 ppg. 154 assists, 107 steals)
G. Tyler Scaife( 45% fg. 14.5 ppg 100 assists)
F. Betnijah Laney(11.8 ppg, 8.5 rpg)
F. Kahleah Copper( 16.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg 52% fg)
C. Rachel Hollivay( 7.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg 53% fg. 127 blocks(broke Sue Wicks' single season for blocks at RU by 30)

beknighted

PostPosted: 07/15/14 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colerr wrote:
Rutgers

Very exciting for this season, and the return of almost every one and adding some exciting pieces.

G. Syessence Davis( 4.8 ppg. 154 assists, 107 steals)
G. Tyler Scaife( 45% fg. 14.5 ppg 100 assists)
F. Betnijah Laney(11.8 ppg, 8.5 rpg)
F. Kahleah Copper( 16.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg 52% fg)
C. Rachel Hollivay( 7.8 ppg, 6.0 rpg 53% fg. 127 blocks(broke Sue Wicks' single season for blocks at RU by 30)

Beat me to it.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/15/14 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Stewart
Lewis
Jefferson
Stokes
?

Chong is not a given. Considering that four freshman guards will be pressing her for minutes, it is going to be a make or break year for her. Either she will start or be at the Heather Buck end of the bench. There is no in between.

I think there is a lot of in-between. Chong will back up MJ at the pg position as well as play the 2. And those 4 freshman include one who is rehabbing a knee and another, Ekmark, who is more a 2-3 than a 1-2.

While I think that Stewart, Stokes, Lewis, Chong and Jefferson is the likely starting 5 I wouldn't say it's a given that Stokes starts. If Tuck returns with her skills she may start over Stokes. Or Lewis could start at the 2 with Tuck, Stokes and Stewart on the front line. So much depends on the status of Tuck and Williams.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/15/14 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee

Harrison, Graves, Burdick, Carter & Reynolds.

Masengale is coming off knee surgery and a concussion watch. Russell is coming off foot surgery. Both would start if healthy IMO. But every concussion makes the next one easier to occur and it's tough for a small pg to avoid getting bumped in the head without it limiting her penetration or defense. Hopefully Russell has no more problems but it seems that NBA players with foot problems often have short careers.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/15/14 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Tennessee

Harrison, Graves, Burdick, Carter & Reynolds.

Masengale is coming off knee surgery and a concussion watch. Russell is coming off foot surgery. Both would start if healthy IMO. But every concussion makes the next one easier to occur and it's tough for a small pg to avoid getting bumped in the head without it limiting her penetration or defense. Hopefully Russell has no more problems but it seems that NBA players with foot problems often have short careers.

Are you suggesting that Tennessee would sit Graves to start Russell? Harrison is far too good not to start and Burdick's range cannot be replaced by sliding Graves to the 3. I guess I'm having trouble figuring out who you would sit and which positions each starter would assume.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/15/14 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Stewart
Lewis
Jefferson
Stokes
?

I think there is a lot of in-between. Chong will back up MJ at the pg position as well as play the 2. And those 4 freshman include one who is rehabbing a knee and another, Ekmark, who is more a 2-3 than a 1-2.

While I think that Stewart, Stokes, Lewis, Chong and Jefferson is the likely starting 5 I wouldn't say it's a given that Stokes starts. If Tuck returns with her skills she may start over Stokes. Or Lewis could start at the 2 with Tuck, Stokes and Stewart on the front line. So much depends on the status of Tuck and Williams.

I would be happily stunned and amazed if Tuck is 100% and ready to go when the season starts. I'll be happy if she gets to 100% any time in the next 2 years.

Even if healthy, she may come off the bench instead of Stokes because she gives Geno more flexibility, especially offensively.

On the other hand, the AAC features a bunch of munchkin opponents, so Stokes' size probably won't be needed much of the time anyway.

The off guard spot is the position in question, imo. Still surprised BB left.

PostPosted: 07/15/14 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina :

PG - Sessions
G - Mitchell
F - Wilson
F - Welsh
C - Coates

This is my lineup , but it wouldn't surprise me if Dawn continued to start Elem Ibiam at center and bring Coates (and Jatarie White) off the bench . I think Sessions remains at point guard in the early going , but I'm anxious to see what Cuevas can do . Last year's backup, Tiffany Davis , is a better shooter than Sessions but doesn't always push the ball up the floor the way Dawn likes . TD also has another knee injury . Just a meniscus this year , but it will probably slow her some in the early going .

By the way , it was announced today that South Carolina will play at Duke on December 7 (I think that was the date) . Hope the new players are starting to blend in by then .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: