RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ogunbowale tweet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 07/15/14 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh that was dismissed on page one of the thread. Art replied:
Quote:

Quote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
You mean like when Muffet didn't clap at the final four Rolling Eyes

ArtBest wrote:
Yeah, which sent the boneyard into an hilarious multipage display of panty twisting and phony outrage over a non event and perceived slight. But this is a bush league crack about a 17 year old's rejection of Geno's overtures and her own choice for her own future and of course the same people leap to his defense because of course we all know that Geno can do no wrong.

Actually, Art's non-response to Muffet's face-to-face snub of an 18 year old award winner is more apt in Geno's case: "phony outrage over a non event and perceived slight".

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 07/15/14 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:
Unless someone works for the NSA and can post Geno's entire log of texts and tweets we have no evidence that his tweet was directed at anyone in particular.

Come on...it really doesn't require the NSA to see what/who this was directed at. Only the most fervent of UConn followers would choose to think otherwise.

Personally I think only most fervent UConn dislikers give a crap about what he tweeted

I don't give a shit what he or anyone else tweets...I don't follow all that stuff.

Last edited by purduefanatic on 07/15/14 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/15/14 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:
Unless someone works for the NSA and can post Geno's entire log of texts and tweets we have no evidence that his tweet was directed at anyone in particular.

Come on...it really doesn't require the NSA to see what/who this was directed at. Only the most fervent of UConn followers would choose to think otherwise.

Personally I think only most fervent UConn dislikers give a crap about what he tweeted

So you think people like Jim Bowman at Swish Appeal are among "the most fervent UConn dislikers"?

@JBowman_SA: Looks like @GenoAuriemma feels a bit snubbed by @Arike_O."

I think only the most fervent UConn homers deny this was a snotty crack directed at Ogunbowale or strain to excuse his conduct.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/15/14 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:

That's not true, David. There are many UConn fans on the Boneyard who are disappointed that Geno made those tweets.

themick1952

PostPosted: 07/15/14 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:

That's not true, David. There are many UConn fans on the Boneyard who are disappointed that Geno made those tweets.

That's not true, Choke. The majority of those fans that showed disappointment on the boneyard are fans from Louisville, RU, Baylor, Tennessee and others.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/15/14 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
the use of social media to announce a recruits first 15, the cut to 5 and then the drum roll for the "big decision". It's the American Idol syndrome.

Once again I fail to see where signing ceremonies were mentioned by Auriemma. You are assuming facts not in evidence.

Here's the evidence, if you didn't notice: In his very next tweet, 47 minutes after the presumed "Ogumbowale tweet", Auriemma tweeted:

"Players have press conferences to 'announce' which schools they are considering. #whatajoke"

https://twitter.com/genoauriemma/status/488474899921387521

Auriemma has also said similar things in his own press conferences, frequently adverting to Breanna Stewart's supposed signing of her NLI on the hood of a car. What's the point of these attacks and mockings? UConn recruits have had similar ceremonies, most recently Kia Nurse.

I certainly agree that a 60 year old should be judged by different maturity standards than a 16 year old. Nevertheless, I completely fail to see why an NLI signing ceremony is "petty" or "self-centered". Why not characterize graduation, senior prom or wedding photos the same way?

Auriemma, himself, uses Twitter to announce and promote events of his, including wine tasting events for his labeled wines at local liquor stores. Is this self-centered or petty?

https://twitter.com/genoauriemma/status/476395043469922304

https://twitter.com/genoauriemma/status/455023394673926144

No, it's simply communicating information to your Twitter followers that you think may be of interest to them--just as the changing of college choices are to the fans and followers of Arike Ogumbowale, Mercedes Russell or any other well-known sports recruit.

To conjure up something self-centered or otherwise negative about a recruit using "social media" to cut down her college choices is just silly. Before social media, recruits did the same thing by giving the same information to print or television media--whose job it always has been to pump recruits endlessly for this kind of information. There never has been a media interview with a highly recruited high school player where the reporters don't ask for the athlete's current school choice or, at least, a list of schools.

Finally, I don't understand the relevance of Walz's tweets or McGraw's supposed non-clapping for Breanna Stewart. Auriemma's tweet should be judged on its own merits and in its own context.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/15/14 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

themick1952 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:

That's not true, Choke. The majority of those fans that showed disappointment on the boneyard are fans from Louisville, RU, Baylor, Tennessee and others.

I didn't say the majority of UConn fans on the BY were disappointed in Geno's tweet. I said MANY UConn fans were disappointed. Look at how many liked EricfromSanDiego's post? David had asserted that the only people who cared were UConn haters, and I was providing evidence that even many UConn fans were disappointed.

beknighted

PostPosted: 07/15/14 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Just a note: There is pretty much wide agreement in the college counseling field, according to the folks I talk to, that aside from the very elite schools (Stanford, Harvard, Yale), there is little tangible advantage to graduating from a particular school with a four-year degree. (A master's or doctorate, however, is a different story.)

A student can get a very good education almost anywhere if that student is motivated. Even in junior college, the professors know much more than the students.

So the difference between a Louisville and a Duke and a UCLA and a Baylor from an academic point of view is simply not that great, if a student is ready to work hard and learn. (When I first went to college, I certainly didn't share that mindset -- and I think many athletes are the same way. There are in college to play their sport and leave with a diploma; the particulars of their major, as with many students, are not their primary focus.)

And of course, if a student is not particularly motivated, then the difference between the schools doesn't matter much either.

Realistically, the players we are talking about are going to college to get their education in basketball, which is the profession they will pursue for as long as they wish to, or can, after they graduate. They will make close to $1 million in their basketball career, if not more, and it's unlikely their undergraduate degree will have nearly as much impact on their future earnings as their basketball experience (assuming they get a diploma).

Again, there are exceptions. An engineering major, say, will have better employment opportunities coming out of this college rather than that one, but how many of these young women are going to get an engineering job right after they graduate?

In the end, what's the difference in a job interview between having a B.A. from UCLA and one from Long Beach State. Is the company going to hire someone just because they went to UCLA? If so, that's not a very good reason and most likely, not a very good company.

I don't know where you got your misinformation, but having actually served on hiring committees I'll tell you that the difference is that the UCLA grad is about 100 times more likely to be invited to that job interview than the LBS grad. Indeed, the employer is probably conducting on-campus interviews at UCLA and and has never been near LBS.

And the difference when applying to professional or graduate school is even more pronounced.

The notion that there is no difference when it comes time to get a job is utter nonsense.

Interesting ... I spent most of my career hiring people, and I never took into consideration what school they graduated from. I just wanted to try and figure out if they could the job.

I don't know what industry you were in, and it matters less If you're hiring people who have been in the workforce a number of years and have a track record, but for any relatively new hire in a profession or competitive position, it matters immensely.

I'm with AB here. There may be professions where it doesn't matter much, even initially, but there are a lot more where it does. (In some cases, a good regional school will get preference over a further-away national school that's ranked somewhat higher, but that's a matter of familiarity.) And, for what it's worth, in professions that require a graduate degree, there are people who look for the undergrad degree, too - it can get you a job when the graduate program is only so-so.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/15/14 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:

So you think people like Jim Bowman at Swish Appeal are among "the most fervent UConn dislikers"?

I think only the most fervent UConn homers deny this was a snotty crack directed at Ogunbowale or strain to excuse his conduct.

Ogunboawle tweeted at 4:00pm on 7-13. Geno tweeted at 1:30 am on the 14th. Unless you can tell me how many tweets and texts Geno got in those intervening 9+ hours you have no idea of his motivation. Hell, no one can even say for sure that he even read her tweet. And no one here knows if he and Ogunbowale talked before or after her announcement.

But then a kangaroo court doesn't need any evidence, having reached it's verdict long ago. Wink

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 07/15/14 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As far as Muffet and Geno, both from Philly, both have an edge. I think after the cheesesteak, sarcasm is the next most recognized item coming out of the Quaker City.

PostPosted: 07/15/14 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:

Ogunboawle tweeted at 4:00pm on 7-13. Geno tweeted at 1:30 am on the 14th. Unless you can tell me how many tweets and texts Geno got in those intervening 9+ hours you have no idea of his motivation. Hell, no one can even say for sure that he even read her tweet. And no one here knows if he and Ogunbowale talked before or after her announcement.

But then a kangaroo court doesn't need any evidence, having reached it's verdict long ago. Wink

You are correct in that Arike's tweet was at 4:06 p.m. on July 13th (https://twitter.com/Arike_O/status/488459545199382528).

But Geno's tweets were at 4:20 (https://twitter.com/genoauriemma/status/488463046566637568) and 5:07 p.m. (https://twitter.com/genoauriemma/status/488474899921387521) on the same day.

So Geno's initial tweet was 14 minutes after Arike's announcement.

themick1952

PostPosted: 07/15/14 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

themick1952 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
linkster wrote:

I didn't say the majority of UConn fans on the BY were disappointed in Geno's tweet. I said MANY UConn fans were disappointed. Look at how many liked EricfromSanDiego's post? David had asserted that the only people who cared were UConn haters, and I was providing evidence that even many UConn fans were disappointed.

David was wrong. I guess I disagree what MANY means.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/15/14 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally I have no problem with using Twitter to announce a final 5 or a final 1. My problem is when they post that 'soon I will have an announcement" type of tweet. Nothing but a self-serving promo designed to draw attention.

Bottom line is that Auriemma hasn't changed much in 30 odd years and enough recruits have signed on to his sarcastic patter to give him a measure of success.

And anyone who is shocked that there are diva's in elite athletics needs to open their eyes

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/15/14 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:
the use of social media to announce a recruits first 15, the cut to 5 and then the drum roll for the "big decision". It's the American Idol syndrome.

Once again I fail to see where signing ceremonies were mentioned by Auriemma. You are assuming facts not in evidence.

Here's the evidence, if you didn't notice: In his very next tweet, 47 minutes after the presumed "Ogumbowale tweet", Auriemma tweeted:

"Players have press conferences to 'announce' which schools they are considering. #whatajoke"

Auriemma has also said similar things in his own press conferences, frequently adverting to Breanna Stewart's supposed signing of her NLI on the hood of a car. What's the point of these attacks and mockings? UConn recruits have had similar ceremonies, most recently Kia Nurse.

I certainly agree that a 60 year old should be judged by different maturity standards than a 16 year old. Nevertheless, I completely fail to see why an NLI signing ceremony is "petty" or "self-centered". Why not characterize graduation, senior prom or wedding photos the same way?

Auriemma, himself, uses Twitter to announce and promote events of his, including wine tasting events for his labeled wines at local liquor stores. Is this self-centered or petty?

No, it's simply communicating information to your Twitter followers that you think may be of interest to them--just as the changing of college choices are to the fans and followers of Arike Ogumbowale, Mercedes Russell or any other well-known sports recruit.

To conjure up something self-centered or otherwise negative about a recruit using "social media" to cut down her college choices is just silly. Before social media, recruits did the same thing by giving the same information to print or television media--whose job it always has been to pump recruits endlessly for this kind of information. There never has been a media interview with a highly recruited high school player where the reporters don't ask for the athlete's current school choice or, at least, a list of schools.

Finally, I don't understand the relevance of Walz's tweets or McGraw's supposed non-clapping for Breanna Stewart. Auriemma's tweet should be judged on its own merits and in its own context.

There is a difference between having a press conference to announce which schools you are considering and having a press conference when you sign your NLI. And in his tweet he says to announce who they are considering, not just press conferences in general.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/15/14 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:

There is a difference between having a press conference to announce which schools you are considering and having a press conference when you sign your NLI. And in his tweet he says to announce who they are considering, not just press conferences in general.

You raise a good point, which actually goes to the nonsensical wording of Auriemma's second tweet. Again, he says:

Three things make no sense.

First, the signing ceremonies that some recruits have are not "press conferences". These ceremonies are usually held at a high school, and in attendance are lots of teammates, friends, family, teachers, coaches and school administrators. To call this kind of celebratory public event a press conference is just nonsense.

Second, Ogumbowale did not have any sort of public ceremony or event at all. The only thing she did was send a tweet.

Third, neither Ogumbowale nor any other recruit I've ever heard of has ever had a press conference or public ceremony to "announce what schools they are considering", as Auriemma implies. That is simply a distortion of what Ogumbowale did and what other recruits do when they tweet (or tell the press) that they are cutting their college list from 11 schools to five. He's mocking something that doesn't even occur.

The close timing and content of Auriemma's two tweets leave little doubt that these were not spontaneous ejaculations, but rather immediate reactions to Ogumbowale's tweet, which Auriemma must have been monitoring. When he saw UConn was excluded in the paring from 11 to five, he reacted on impulse. Some people are obviously interpreting his tone as unprofessional sour grapes.

Thus it is reasonable for many fans of the game to question not only the tone and timing of Auriemma's two tweets, but also their inaccurate and almost nonsensical wording.

I've also read on other boards that Auriemma was entitled to righteous anger because Ogumbowale didn't call him before making her tweet. Well, no one knows what, if anything, anyone said in private. Moreover, I don't see why Ogumbowale would "owe" UConn or any of the other six schools she cut any particular form of communication. As far as I know, she never even visited UConn and may never have been seriously considering the school at all. Is she supposed to telephone all the dozens of schools that have offered her scholarships she's not interested in? I don't see why. Twitter is more immediate and efficient.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/15/14 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this thread could serve as Exhibit A in the legal arguments for abolishing twitter from the planet. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 07/15/14 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people make this such a big deal? Who cares that she or any other recruit wants to hold a press conference to announce anything. Hell if the press actually shows up for that recruits' list of 50, 20, 5 or whatever's press conference, that means there's an audience who is clearly interested in knowing what the next course for the person. As someone who was genuinely interested in her announcement, I would thank her for sharing the info with us, no matter how she chose to do it.

My problem with all of this is who cares how she decided to announce this. I follow the "big" announcements whether UCLA (my team) is a part of it or not. It is pretty darn exciting to know where these kids are going to go and why they choose the schools they decide on. I don't think it should be interpreted as that person is egotistic, self-indulged, characteristic of not being a team-player, or whatever Auriemma's reasons are. She's just a young woman who is having fun on a social media site, letting all of her family, friends and followers know what her next move is.

This happens every day whenever we post anything on these sites where we have friends and followers. It's the 21st century. It wouldn't happen if no one was interested. I am interested and I contribute to this type of pattern and I don't apologize for embracing it. It's where women's basket is and where it is going and we need to embrace it if we want it to be as mainstream enough to provide these women with the same opportunity that the men get or even half of that will do. Geno put out his opinion and it's only obvious the direction it was aimed at by the timing of it and what fueled him to post it out there. I don't think anyone would have made any fuss about it if he just left off that hashtag. #whatajoke gives off the vibe of ridiculing someone's choices for themselves and when it's a grown adult aiming that ridicule at a young teenager, it just looks silly, immature and makes me really not like that adult.

Last edited by AJMMs on 07/15/14 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/15/14 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glenn you make some good points, but miss a big one.

Geno hasn't tweeted rude objections when girls have put out lists with UConn on them. He didn't object when she tweeted her previous list of eleven or whatever that included UConn. He didn't squawk about Samuelson's or Collier's or Boykin's lists. It's only when Ogunbowale tweeted her trimmed down list that chopped him from her choices that suddenly he threw a hissy fit.

This wasn't about twitter or press conferences. His first tweet doesn't even comment on the means by which the list was communicated. This was him being petty about being publicly rejected, so he publicly lashed out.

A 60 year old man publicly ripping a 17 year old girl who spurned him. That's all it is. #Whatajoke

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/15/14 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AJMMs wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people make this such a big deal? Who cares that she or any other recruit wants to hold a press conference to announce anything. Hell if the press actually shows up for that recruits' list of 50, 20, 5 or whatever's press conference, that means there's an audience who is clearly interested in knowing what the next course for the person.

No, you are not the only one, and you are right on target.

When a recruit publicly pares down a list as Ogumbowale did, the fans of the remaining schools and their local media are highly interested audiences for that information. My first post in this thread was a link the the Madison, Wisconsin, newspaper, which reported "excitement" from the mere possibility that Ogumbowale might have Wisconsin in her final five.

If UConn had been in Ogumbowale's final five tweet, you can bet there would have been highly interested and probably orgasmic postings on the Boneyard, and, to Art's point, there would have been no tweets at all from coach Auriemma.
GEF34

PostPosted: 07/16/14 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:

You raise a good point, which actually goes to the nonsensical wording of Auriemma's second tweet. Again, he says:

Three things make no sense.

First, the signing ceremonies that some recruits have are not "press conferences". These ceremonies are usually held at a high school, and in attendance are lots of teammates, friends, family, teachers, coaches and school administrators. To call this kind of celebratory public event a press conference is just nonsense.

Second, Ogumbowale did not have any sort of public ceremony or event at all. The only thing she did was send a tweet.

Third, neither Ogumbowale nor any other recruit I've ever heard of has ever had a press conference or public ceremony to "announce what schools they are considering", as Auriemma implies. That is simply a distortion of what Ogumbowale did and what other recruits do when they tweet (or tell the press) that they are cutting their college list from 11 schools to five. He's mocking something that doesn't even occur.

The close timing and content of Auriemma's two tweets leave little doubt that these were not spontaneous ejaculations, but rather immediate reactions to Ogumbowale's tweet, which Auriemma must have been monitoring. When he saw UConn was excluded in the paring from 11 to five, he reacted on impulse. Some people are obviously interpreting his tone as unprofessional sour grapes.

Thus it is reasonable for many fans of the game to question not only the tone and timing of Auriemma's two tweets, but also their inaccurate and almost nonsensical wording.

I've also read on other boards that Auriemma was entitled to righteous anger because Ogumbowale didn't call him before making her tweet. Well, no one knows what, if anything, anyone said in private. Moreover, I don't see why Ogumbowale would "owe" UConn or any of the other six schools she cut any particular form of communication. As far as I know, she never even visited UConn and may never have been seriously considering the school at all. Is she supposed to telephone all the dozens of schools that have offered her scholarships she's not interested in? I don't see why. Twitter is more immediate and efficient.

So you say the timing leaves little doubt, but yet you say what he actual says does not relate to this specific situation, so that reasoning doesn't make sense to me.

As for her not letting Connecticut or any other school know before she released the list, wouldn't that have been illegal, I thought coaches couldn't start talking to recruits/coaches/families until the 14th.

Lastly I don't know how all of the top players are announcing their selections or their list, so I'm not going to comment on the whole press conference thing, but I was just pointing out he specifically said considering in his tweet and to say he was referring to sign NLI is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/16/14 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AJMMs wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why people make this such a big deal? Who cares that she or any other recruit wants to hold a press conference to announce anything. Hell if the press actually shows up for that recruits' list of 50, 20, 5 or whatever's press conference, that means there's an audience who is clearly interested in knowing what the next course for the person. As someone who was genuinely interested in her announcement, I would thank her for sharing the info with us, no matter how she chose to do it.

My problem with all of this is who cares how she decided to announce this. I follow the "big" announcements whether UCLA (my team) is a part of it or not. It is pretty darn exciting to know where these kids are going to go and why they choose the schools they decide on. I don't think it should be interpreted as that person is egotistic, self-indulged, characteristic of not being a team-player, or whatever Auriemma's reasons are. She's just a young woman who is having fun on a social media site, letting all of her family, friends and followers know what her next move is.

This happens every day whenever we post anything on these sites where we have friends and followers. It's the 21st century. It wouldn't happen if no one was interested. I am interested and I contribute to this type of pattern and I don't apologize for embracing it. It's where women's basket is and where it is going and we need to embrace it if we want it to be as mainstream enough to provide these women with the same opportunity that the men get or even half of that will do. Geno put out his opinion and it's only obvious the direction it was aimed at by the timing of it and what fueled him to post it out there. I don't think anyone would have made any fuss about it if he just left off that hashtag. #whatajoke gives off the vibe of ridiculing someone's choices for themselves and when it's a grown adult aiming that ridicule at a young teenager, it just looks silly, immature and makes me really not like that adult.

I don't get why you quoted me, I didn't say anything about how or where players should post their list or who should or shouldn't be interested, I just simply stated there was a difference in what he tweeted and what Glenn was referencing in his post.

GEF34

PostPosted: 07/16/14 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reading through the responses to his tweets, many people, including college coaches are agreeing with his second tweet, so maybe there is more to it than meets the eye. The coaches were all just out recruiting and talking, maybe that is a topic that came up. It has also been retweeted by college coaches and programs.

The first tweet there are mainly people who are saying it's in response to the announced made by Arike Ogunbowale, but not the same reaction to the second.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 07/16/14 10:30 am    ::: Good point Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Reading through the responses to his tweets, many people, including college coaches are agreeing with his second tweet, so maybe there is more to it than meets the eye. The coaches were all just out recruiting and talking, maybe that is a topic that came up. It has also been retweeted by college coaches and programs.

The first tweet there are mainly people who are saying it's in response to the announced made by Arike Ogunbowale, but not the same reaction to the second.

Anyone who has some background knows but it's not for board fodder.

The best part of this thread is the entertainment value, i have had more laughs out of this thread than any other.

It's so funny how people suddenly start stating stuff to make their point i.e. like the 3 uconn recruits did the same - well check their twitter, 2 announced they were going to Uconn, 1 didn't announce anything, that doesn't exist, or fudge wording to make it stick, like announcing announcement is the same as just saying your going to a particular school, or ignore things their own favorite coaches do because well, thats different.

But I am enjoying reading posters true colors come out in disgust.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/16/14 10:40 am    ::: Re: Good point Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

Anyone who has some background knows but it's not for board fodder.

The best part of this thread is the entertainment value, i have had more laughs out of this thread than any other.

It's so funny how people suddenly start stating stuff to make their point i.e. like the 3 uconn recruits did the same - well check their twitter, 2 announced they were going to Uconn, 1 didn't announce anything, that doesn't exist, or fudge wording to make it stick, like announcing announcement is the same as just saying your going to a particular school, or ignore things their own favorite coaches do because well, thats different.

But I am enjoying reading posters true colors come out in disgust.

Geno's first tweet (the one that matters) was about announcing lists, said nothing about how. All three UConn commits announced lists. At least Collier of the three had a big list and then a scaled down list, just like Ogunbowale. Unless you're actually try to sell the notion that Geno is fine with lists announced to ESPN a la Samuelson but not lists announced on Twitter. If you are, I'm not buying (and there is no way to draw such a meangingless distinction from what he wrote.)

Geno doesn't care how lists are announced. He just objects to lists by girls who he is recruiting that don't include UConn.

themick1952

PostPosted: 07/16/14 11:05 am    ::: Re: Good point Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Geno doesn't care how lists are announced. He just objects to lists by girls who he is recruiting that don't include UConn.

Yep. You've got it all figured out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: