RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What is not to like with Ionescu and Cox ... Read more: htt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLoneGranger

PostPosted: 06/30/14 12:28 pm    ::: What is not to like with Ionescu and Cox ... Read more: htt Reply Reply with quote

Versus France Sabrina Ionescu chipped in nine points, six rebounds, and four steals, while Lauren Cox had seven points and eight rebounds. Both have performed well in all games in more than just the points statistic. I really like Ionescu hustle and defense. Hard to believe she was initially cut.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/30/14 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoping Both girls pick OU.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 06/30/14 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The class of 2016 has acquitted itself very well indeed in international play. The future continuous to look very bright for women's basketball with these young additions.

PostPosted: 06/30/14 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Funny - I saw Ionescu play as a freshman in a high school game and immediately sent a text to a coaching friend of mine at a D1 mid major. The coach was already well aware of Ionescu and texted back, "there's no way we have a chance with her." She will be top of her class by the time she graduates. "

I've since seen her play 6-7 times and she is such a complete player. Really fun to watch.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/01/14 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno flew out to California last year to watch Ionescu then, a sophomore, play one game. He turned around and flew back to Connecticut.

Barring injury, Ionescu is an elite player, a 5-11 wing who can shoot, defend and pass, and plays with intensity every second. She should be back with the Cal Stars for Nike Nationals, and will be back at Miramonte (in Northern California) this fall.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: