RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

B1G News 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/28/15 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is anyone planning on attending the tournament? I'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/28/15 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Is anyone planning on attending the tournament? I'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Yes, it's an annual event for me. I've only missed one since 97 (too sick).

bucks4now

PostPosted: 02/28/15 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never in Chicago

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/01/15 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland's 1st B1G regular season . . . PERFECTION!!!

Wow, I am so happy for Brenda and her players. What an amazing accomplishment. Now that BIG shiny trophy they were awarded on Monday means something really special!

Howee

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

Wow, I am so happy for Brenda and her players. What an amazing accomplishment. Now that BIG shiny trophy they were awarded on Monday means something really special!

Kudos to the Terps.....that IS impressive, given the competition. AND only one season into the Post Alyssa era. (where were they picked to end up in the pre-season polls?)

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

Kudos to the Terps.....that IS impressive, given the competition. AND only one season into the Post Alyssa era. (where were they picked to end up in the pre-season polls?)

First place by everybody I've seen.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

They were actually picked by the coaches in the preseason poll to finish first, but at the time I thought that was ridiculous. I mean MD did lose the #1 scorer and rebounder in school history. I just didn't foresee this team coming together like they have. Great coaching job by Brenda. Definitely a shoe in for B1G COY.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/01/15 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
Howee wrote:

They were actually picked by the coaches in the preseason poll to finish first, but at the time I thought that was ridiculous. I mean MD did lose the #1 scorer and rebounder in school history. I just didn't foresee this team coming together like they have. Great coaching job by Brenda. Definitely a shoe in for B1G COY.

Since you have been following the ACC until this year, you may have been overestimating the quality of teams in the B1G.

Congrats to Maryland. First undefeated team in the conference since 98-99.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/01/15 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Northwestern gave Maryland the game ball. Just the kind of classy act I would expect from Coach McKeown. Great guy!

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/02/15 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

I'll be there Thursday-Sunday.

And an added congrats to Maryland on going undefeated during the conference season. They have been fun to watch.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 03/02/15 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:

And an added congrats to Maryland on going undefeated during the conference season. They have been fun to watch.

Thanks gopher5. They've indeed been a ton of fun to watch! Enjoy the tourney this weekend; wish we could be there (but that's not happening with current work schedules).

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
gopher5 wrote:

Thanks gopher5. They've indeed been a ton of fun to watch! Enjoy the tourney this weekend; wish we could be there (but that's not happening with current work schedules).

Hopefully next year when it is back in Indy. It will be at a better arena and is a better overall set up for the tournament.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/02/15 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is the Big Ten POY? They showed a media pick and a coaches pick which is just too much, can't they just have one first team? In theory 20 players could be 1st team all conference since you have two separate lists. If anything they should combine all the votes for 1 tidy list so there is no confusing.

But on the positive it is pretty cool to see a whole show dedicated to revealing the awards. One way Big 10 is sort of ahead of the game. I'd like to see SEC Network do the same.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/02/15 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zahui B was selected by the media as POY and Kelsey Mitchell was selected by the coaches. Honestly I thought Zahui B should be outright POY but oh well.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/02/15 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. I would've thought the media went with Mitchell and the coaches with Zahui.

FOY: Kelsey Mitchell
6POY: Katelynn Flaherty
DPOY: Syessence Davis
COY: Frese

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/03/15 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of podcasts to listen to before the tournament starts:

Preview from the radio voices of the B1G:
http://www.971thefan.com/content/blogs/locker-room/2015/03/big-ten-womens-tournament-preview.html

The coaches teleconference:
http://btn.com/2015/03/02/audio-big-ten-womens-coaches-talk-tournament/

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/11/15 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Posted on an unrelated thread . . .

NoDakSt wrote:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/3/11/8188889/news-indiana-loses-two-players-to-transfer-taylor-agler-maura-muensterman

Taylor Agler and Maure Muensterman leaving Hoosiers.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/11/15 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

NoDakSt wrote:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/3/11/8188889/news-indiana-loses-two-players-to-transfer-taylor-agler-maura-muensterman

Might that be Brian's daughter? Whoever she is, I remember following her a bit this season, as I had her teammate, Tyra Buss, on my Fantasy Roster. Ms. Agler went from starting/lotsa minutes to not playing much....might that be the reason?

PostPosted: 03/11/15 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

NoDakSt wrote:

Might that be Brian's daughter? Whoever she is, I remember following her a bit this season, as I had her teammate, Tyra Buss, on my Fantasy Roster. Ms. Agler went from starting/lotsa minutes to not playing much....might that be the reason?

She lost her spot after an ankle injury and never got it back.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/11/15 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

NoDakSt wrote:

Might that be Brian's daughter?

Yes

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/12/15 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larryn Brooks leaves Indiana. Third player to leave the teamthis week. What the hell is going on over there?

FS02

PostPosted: 03/12/15 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Larryn Brooks leaves Indiana. Third player to leave the teamthis week. What the hell is going on over there?

Curt Miller resigned. I totally missed that part of the story until I went to look at the IU roster.. So a lot of these players probably signed on to play for this great new coach they had, and now he's not there. It makes some sense now.

PostPosted: 03/12/15 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

It's the clown pants. Drives them away every time! Wink

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/12/15 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Curt Miller resigned. I totally missed that part of the story until I went to look at the IU roster.. So a lot of these players probably signed on to play for this great new coach they had, and now he's not there. It makes some sense now.

He wasn't there long, was he? It's always amazed me that for a state with a basketball tradition like Indiana has, their biggest state university can't get a WBB team off the ground. Purdue did well for awhile there but has fallen off recently. IU, aside from winning the B1G tourney in 2002, hasn't amounted to much. I thought it might for while when Kathi Bennett was there.

PostPosted: 03/16/15 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Came across this story about Purdue coach Sharon Versyp talking about the season and looking ahead. First reaction: she has no clue

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/2015/03/15/purdue-womens-basketball-sharon-versyp-weve-got-to-get-it-done/24809807/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: