RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

B1G News 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/06/14 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bollant did get some recruits in and he can clearly coach. It will be interesting to see if he can move Illinois out of the basement.

The hard thing in a league like the Big Ten is that all the other teams brought in some good players as well...not to mention adding 2 quality programs. It definitely makes moving up hard to do.

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/06/14 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Bollant did get some recruits in and he can clearly coach. It will be interesting to see if he can move Illinois out of the basement.

The hard thing in a league like the Big Ten is that all the other teams brought in some good players as well...not to mention adding 2 quality programs. It definitely makes moving up hard to do.

I have faith in Bollant. But he needs to make progress and fast.

PostPosted: 11/06/14 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I like him quite a bit. I really hope that he can get that program built back up.

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/07/14 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
bullsky wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I like him quite a bit. I really hope that he can get that program built back up.

Same. NCAAs might be a lofty goal this year but WNIT is obtainable, IMO. I'm hearing good things out of preseason reports. But then again, you rarely here "We're going to be just really awful this year..." Laughing

PostPosted: 11/07/14 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW 5 Rutgers , I thank at least a 3, they have a very good team this year.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/12/14 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan's signing class is announced:

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/111214aaa.html

Name Pos. Ht. Hometown (High School)
Lauren Brozoski PG 5-6 Cambria Heights, N.Y. (Long Island Lutheran)
Naomi Davenport F 5-11 Cincinnati, Ohio (Mount Notre Dame)
Nicole Munger G 5-9 Doylestown, Pa. (Central Bucks West)
Hallie Thome F 6-5 Chagrin Falls, Ohio (Chagrin)
Sam Trammel F 6-2 Minnetonka, Minn. (Eastview)

As a fellow Michigan fan noted, current rankings for Michigan's 2015 recruiting class:
ASGR: #23
Blue Star: #5
espnW: #15
Prospects Nation: #13

I've been following this team for 22 years. I think we have the best signing class and the best coaching staff in the history of the program. There are big things on the horizon.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/16/14 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan:
Cyesha Goree recorded her second straight double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds and Katelynn Flaherty chipped in a team-high 15 points as U-M defended its home court Sunday against Bucknell, 68-61.

Penn State:
Lost by a point to Albany in the WNIT. I think PSU finished with 28 fouls.

beknighted

PostPosted: 11/16/14 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Penn State:

And that game was at State College, to boot. Ouch.

Phil

PostPosted: 11/16/14 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Penn State:

I was just about to post that.

Albany has 6' 9" Megan Craig (for first semester only, IIRC) but she didn't play.
Looks like the POG was Shereesha Richards with 27 points, almost half the team total.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/16/14 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
beknighted wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Penn State:

I was just about to post that.

Albany has 6' 9" Megan Craig (for first semester only, IIRC) but she didn't play.
Looks like the POG was Shereesha Richards with 27 points, almost half the team total.

When I checked on Albany's site, they announced Craig had left. Shame- I wanted to get a look at her.

PostPosted: 11/27/14 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illinois 77, Kentucky 71

Wow, I didn't expect that at all. Looks like Bollant has the Illini a little further along than I had thought. Great win for them and the B1G in a head-to-head with a top SEC team.

Speaking of the SEC, that's 2 nights in a row that one of their top 10 ranked teams loses to an unranked opponent.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/29/14 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of Illinois....why is it that they aren't playing Indiana at all in conference? Is that standard procedure now in the Big Ten, that teams may play certain teams twice, but other teams not at all?

Bizarre.... Shocked

PostPosted: 11/29/14 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Speaking of Illinois....why is it that they aren't playing Indiana at all in conference? Is that standard procedure now in the Big Ten, that teams may play certain teams twice, but other teams not at all?

Bizarre.... Shocked

You must have missed something. I see they play in Champaign on February 11th.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Howee wrote:

Bizarre.... Shocked

Not according to this: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/84/indiana-hoosiers

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Howee wrote:

Bizarre.... Shocked

Not according to this: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/team/_/id/84/indiana-hoosiers

That's strange. The Indiana site has the game listed on the Hoosiers' schedule, and so does the Illinois site. (It's at Indiana, though, not at Illinois, on both schedules.)

beknighted

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Rutgers-Colgate game yesterday mostly wasn't notable except for CVS indulging her habit of experimenting with various combinations of bench players before the team was up by 30 (hence, the 16-point margin in a game where Colgate never really had a chance), but I did want to mention Betnijah Laney's 5th double-double in 5 games this year, this one with 17 points and 18 rebounds. Right now, she's well ahead (and I mean *well* ahead) of the pace to set a single-season rebounds-per-game record for RU, although honestly I expect her to drop off as the tough part of the schedule starts.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
The Rutgers-Colgate game yesterday mostly wasn't notable except for CVS indulging her habit of experimenting with various combinations of bench players before the team was up by 30 (hence, the 16-point margin in a game where Colgate never really had a chance), but I did want to mention Betnijah Laney's 5th double-double in 5 games this year, this one with 17 points and 18 rebounds. Right now, she's well ahead (and I mean *well* ahead) of the pace to set a single-season rebounds-per-game record for RU, although honestly I expect her to drop off as the tough part of the schedule starts.

....and let's pray she DOESN'T 'drop off'--she's on my Fantasy Team! Laughing

PostPosted: 11/29/14 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
beknighted wrote:

....and let's pray she DOESN'T 'drop off'--she's on my Fantasy Team! Laughing

I can work with you on that. (And, by the way, nice choice. She's been great this year.)

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Howee wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Howee wrote:

Bizarre.... Shocked

That's strange. The Indiana site has the game listed on the Hoosiers' schedule, and so does the Illinois site. (It's at Indiana, though, not at Illinois, on both schedules.)

You're right - at IU.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

She's gonna play her way into the first round of the draft at that rate.

PostPosted: 11/29/14 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan beat San Diego State 70-50.

Siera Thompson tied her career high with 25 points and made 5 threes. Katelynn Flaherty hit 6 threes and set a career high of 23.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/06/14 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wisconsin loses Michala Johnson to an ACL, and after sitting out last year with a bad back, Cassie Rochel is still having issues.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/women/uw-women-s-basketball-michala-johnson-out-for-season-with/article_108e25e5-fffc-527b-a0b4-50ae8619c13f.html

beknighted

PostPosted: 12/06/14 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
beknighted wrote:

She's gonna play her way into the first round of the draft at that rate.

24 and 24 against North Carolina, so perhaps my comment about her dropping off was premature.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/07/14 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Wisconsin loses Michala Johnson to an ACL, and after sitting out last year with a bad back, Cassie Rochel is still having issues.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/basketball/women/uw-women-s-basketball-michala-johnson-out-for-season-with/article_108e25e5-fffc-527b-a0b4-50ae8619c13f.html

Right after I posted this, UW had their best game of the season with a 25-point win over Marquette, 89-64. Rochel lead the team with 9 rebounds.

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/07/14 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Illinois followed up a big 20+ victory over Virginia with an 86-42 blowout of SIU. SIU isn't a great team, but I'm really pleased with how Illinois is playing. Since that win over Kentucky, this team really seems to believe they can beat anyone and is playing to their full potential.

I expect them to make some noise in the Big Ten.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: