RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Georgetown’s Natalie Butler Visits UConn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLoneGranger

PostPosted: 05/04/14 2:23 pm    ::: Georgetown’s Natalie Butler Visits UConn Reply Reply with quote

Georgetown’s Natalie Butler Visits UConn
courantblogs.com/uconn-women/
Big East’s freshman of the year
Is she just visiting friends? Has anyone heard anything about her leaving Georgetown? Doesn't she need permission from Georgetown? UCONN's coaching staff can't be talking to her without permission. Can all of the coaching changes at Georgetown be a reason? Whoever recruited her is probably gone. With all the fuss at Georgetown, maybe she won't have to sit out one year?! Sounds a bit fishy. But I hope it is accurate! Does UCONN want to mold another Dolson?

Code:
SEASON  GP GS MIN MIN AVG PTS PTS AVG FGM FGA FG%
2013-14 32 32 1157  36.2  445    13.9 168 342 49.1

SEASON  GP GS FTM FTA FT%  O-REB D-REB TREB REB AVG PF DQ AST  TO BLK STL
2013-14 32 32 109 164 66.5   145   280  425  13.28  87  1  61 102  59  11

Butler's game by game statistics: www.wbbstate.com/teams/GU/player/natalie-butler/14

Three BIG EAST players ranked in the top 10 nationally in five categories, with Georgetown’s Natalie Butler among the NCAA leaders in a pair of disciplines. Butler had Division I’s fifth-best rebounding average (13.3) and had the ninth-most double-doubles (24). The Big East’s leading rebounder, who broke the conference record for single-season boards (total and average) was a rookie in Georgetown’s Natalie Butler, the league’s unanimous Freshman of the Year. Georgetown: Rookie Natalie Butler highlighted the Hoyas’ season, setting BIG EAST and Georgetown records for rebounding average and total boards en route to being the unanimous Freshman of the Year and an All-BIG EAST Second Team selection. She apparently learn well from dad who was David Robinson teammate and a key member of the 1985-86 Navy team. Dad is looking to be 6'10" or so and "Baby" brother, James 6'6". "My dad taught me the art of boxing out," Butler said. "Rebounding comes down to heart, and that's the way I was raised. I still play against my 6-foot-6 little brother, James. We feed off each other, and he has helped me become a better player."

Emulating Maya Moore for freshman records. DESPITE YOUTH, NATALIE BUTLER A DOMINANT FORCE FOR GEORGETOWN www.pressboxdc.com/2014/02/19/despite-youth-natalie-butler-a-dominant-force-for-georgetown

She was sort of under the radar during recruiting. ESPN's report on Butler: No evaluation is available. Hoopgurlz had her as P #47 (THE 47th post!), a rating of 82 as a two star recruit. Butler was ranked No. 140 by Blue Star. The kid must have had an epiphany or she does not show well.

Prior to Georgetown: An All-State player at Lake Braddock High School ... Named the school's Sportswoman of the Year as a senior after scoring more than 1,000 career points and holding the record in single-season scoring average, career rebounds and career blocks ... Averaged a triple-double in 2012-13 with 26.2 ppg, 17.8 rpg and 10.1 bpg ... A two-time Washington Post All-Met honoree including a spot on the first team as a senior ... Recognized as a Virginia All-State All-Star, a McDonald's All-American nominee, Fairfax County Sportswoman of the Year, Northern Region Player of the Year and the Patriot District Player of the Year ... Earned spots on the All-Next Sports Phenom Team, the All-SEN Team and the Patriot District All-Tournament Team ... A Northern Region All-Star after leading the region in points, rebounds and blocks ... An All-Star at the Elite Basketball Showcase Classic after leading the tourney in scoring and rebounding as well as a Buffalo Wild Wings and Battle of the Beltways All-Star ... Averaged 18.7 ppg and 18.5 rpg as a junior ... Ranked No. 140 by Blue Star Basketball ... Led her high school in kills and blocks as a team captain for the volleyball team ... Won the squad's Bruin Leader Award ... A member of the honor roll and fluent in German ... Played AAU with the Fairfax Stars.
Code:

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/04/14 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Butler, a rebounding machine, was voted onto the Full Court All-Freshman third team. Here is her write-up from the extensive article:

"The unanimous choice for Big East Freshman of the Year, Butler ranked first amongst Big East freshmen in scoring (14 ppg). She broke the Big East single-season rebounding record with 425, and her 13 rebounds per game placed her first among all Division I freshmen, and fifth among all Division I players regardless of class, in that category. Butler also owned the third-best efficiency rating (18) among D-I freshmen."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MtcSA9oy6g0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
TheLoneGranger

PostPosted: 05/04/14 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla
Georgetown confirms that Natalie Butler has been released from her scholatship and is free to transfer #uconnwomen

Tony Bozzella ‏@TonyBozzella 21m (Seton hall coach)
@jaltavilla Hi yes. UVA and UCONN..poor version of dolson . Great footwork. Lots of upside. Very hard worker.

John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 6m
Source describes Butler as an extremely hard-working player with excellent footwork "But not quite Stefanie Dolson's level yet." #UConnwomen

GTown v DePaul 2014 B.E.T.
www.bigeast.com/allaccess/?media=439016

beknighted

PostPosted: 05/04/14 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Georgetown resumes its previous status as a doormat. (Don't get me wrong - I'm not blaming UConn for this.)

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/04/14 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She still has to sit out a year, correct?

PostPosted: 05/04/14 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
She still has to sit out a year, correct?

Generally, yes, but there are a series of exceptions to the sit-out year in Bylaw 14.8.2, which allow an NCAA committee to grant immediate transfers where the old school has done something (colloquially) "bad" such as getting sanctioned or put on probation.

I'm not sure the situation at Georgetown qualifies. What exactly happened there with the coach or whatever?
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 05/13/14 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Butler transfers to UCONN:

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2014/05/13/report-butler-to-transfer-to-uconn/

PostPosted: 05/14/14 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll enjoy watching her contributions to UCONN. It will be interesting to see how she continues to develop.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/22/14 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/05/natalie-butlers-transfer-to-uconn-is.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: