RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Khayla Pointer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigermojo

PostPosted: 05/10/14 8:14 pm    ::: Khayla Pointer Reply Reply with quote

I have read on two different blogs this week that Khayla Pointer '17 PG phenom from GA has commited to LSU.

Another said that she "was going where ever her Aunt was coaching."

Anybody heard any truth to either of these? Is it maybe the latter and she's waiting to commit 'til she's pretty sure Nikki will still be there?

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/12/14 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She can make a verbal commit not and not have an issue later if she signs with another school. So I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning of waiting to see where Nikki will be coaching before committing, since she won't be able to sign until November 2016 and a verbal commit to LSU wouldn't prevent her from signing with another school.

I could however see her not signing an NLI with that school and/or Nikki releasing her to ensure she is free to sign with another school before leaving, if it were to happen that Nikki was offered a coaching position at another school after the 2016-2017 season ended.

tigermojo

PostPosted: 05/12/14 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
She can make a verbal commit not and not have an issue later if she signs with another school. So I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning of waiting to see where Nikki will be coaching before committing, since she won't be able to sign until November 2016 and a verbal commit to LSU wouldn't prevent her from signing with another school.

I could however see her not signing an NLI with that school and/or Nikki releasing her to ensure she is free to sign with another school before leaving, if it were to happen that Nikki was offered a coaching position at another school after the 2016-2017 season ended.

I totally agree with your reasoning---a kid can always back out of a verbal. I guess I was leaning to the safe side by inferring she may not want to make ANY moves she may have to back out of. Her dad's a coach, and I can see him wanting her to play this as straight as possible.

just a thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: