RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dolson may get Tonight Show wish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/14 5:12 pm    ::: Dolson may get Tonight Show wish Reply Reply with quote

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/looks-like-dolson-may-get-her-tonight-show-wish/

Quote:
A spokesman in the UConn sports information office confirmed that the university and Fallon’s staff have been in touch about setting up an appearance.

PostPosted: 04/11/14 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a way a rather sad commentary that her outlook is so limited

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/11/14 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:

Huh? I'm not sure where you get that from the article. Wanting to be on the Tonight Show does not exclude other things she might want to do.

Dennis1361

PostPosted: 04/11/14 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Well what else? Its the celebrity culture angel Why does she want to be on a TV show? What are her interests?

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/11/14 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:
Rolling Eyes Well what else? Its the celebrity culture angel Why does she want to be on a TV show? What are her interests?

Why does she or any other athlete have to answer to you? She doesn't. Uh oh, reality. Sorry.

PostPosted: 04/11/14 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:

Well, let's see. The Tonight Show often is a place that people end up after they achieve extraordinary things, so it's recognition of her accomplishments. I don't see anything wrong with that. And, heck, President Obama has been on the show (as have several other Presidents, if memory serves correctly.) It's not like she's said "I want to be in The Real Housewives of Port Jervis" or something.

Also, I don't see any reason to believe that she'll sit back and say "Okay, that's all I ever want" after appearing on the show. She seems likely to have a professional basketball career in her future, and maybe other achievements as well.

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 04/11/14 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:

Why so judgmental about a person you don't know?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/12/14 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did you watch the Fallon video? Or even read the article? Literally all she says is, "oh, Jimmy Fallon, hit me up", in response to a question.

Sounds more like UConn and the Late Night people took it from there and she's just along for the ride.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/12/14 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, as a fan of women's basketball, why would you be opposed to this kind of exposure?

linkster

PostPosted: 04/12/14 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:

Actually I pretty sure she wants to go into broadcasting after BB.

Dennis1361

PostPosted: 04/12/14 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster provided the most logical explanation. Perhaps it goes with her degree in Communications. Maybe she will replace Lobo, I hope

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/13/14 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:
linkster provided the most logical explanation. Perhaps it goes with her degree in Communications. Maybe she will replace Lobo, I hope

I could get behind that, but I'd also be happy to see her replace any number of others, including Holly Rowe, LaChina, Debbie Antonelli, and Carolyn Peck, all of whom have the same effect on me as fingernails on a chalkboard, though for different reasons.

PostPosted: 04/22/14 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/UConnWBB/status/458761764780253184

Quote:
Excited to confirm that @bigmamastef will appear on @FallonTonight tomorrow! Kudos to the folks at @NBCConnecticut for getting it booked!

PostPosted: 04/22/14 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just Stephanie, but not her teammates?

StevenHW

PostPosted: 04/22/14 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Dennis1361 wrote:

Well, let's see. The Tonight Show often is a place that people end up after they achieve extraordinary things, so it's recognition of her accomplishments. I don't see anything wrong with that. And, heck, President Obama has been on the show (as have several other Presidents, if memory serves correctly.) It's not like she's said "I want to be in The Real Housewives of Port Jervis" or something.

Also, I don't see any reason to believe that she'll sit back and say "Okay, that's all I ever want" after appearing on the show. She seems likely to have a professional basketball career in her future, and maybe other achievements as well.

___________X [co-sign]

And I see no problem with Stephanie or anyone else in women's basketball wanting to be on a late-night talk-show. It gives the sport and the athlete more exposure. What's wrong with that?

Pat Summitt, Margo Dydek, and (I think) Lisa Leslie and/or Sheryl Swoopes all appeared on the Tonight Show during the Jay Leno years.

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 04/23/14 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a natural fit for Dolson. For what I remember of her over the last fou years was that she was the "comic" of the team and if you haven't seen videaos that she and her teammates produced you should. She is a character and seems to really embrace every situation. When called out the President about his dance moves and then told Fallon to hit her up I was rolling because it was awesome. And then the next night Fallow showed the clip of her saying that after the game. I have a feeling that she is going to kill of the show and that she will become a regular to some extent and would not be surprised if they become very good friends. She is endearing with her goofiness and to me this is extremely exciting. Go Stef!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/23/14 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:

ROFLMAO.

Geez Dennis, your grapes have been sour for soooo loooong, you've nearly become the Stanford fan version of ridor.

In case all y'all didn't know, Dennis considers UConn nothing more than a basketball factory which stamps out worthless degrees to dimwitted jocks, and its WCB basketball coach a Napoleon complex-suffering misogynist.

Oh if only Tara could recruit from the same cess, er, talent pool, then we'd see who the REAL coach is!!!!!!

The "sad commentary" is on your own "limited outlook".

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/23/14 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her name is Stefanie not Stephanie . . . just in case Jimmy is reading . . . or is it Jimmie.

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/24/14 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dennis1361 wrote:

I would say this comment is unbelievable, but I can't because of who the author is. How you can take this situation and spin into a comment like this shows what kind of person you really are. Bitter much?

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/25/14 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised nobody posted that she actually got on there...

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/10831726/buzz-was-connecticut-huskies-star-stefanie-dolson-visits-jimmy-fallon-dance-contest-winning-national-championship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: