RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DeShield's Mom speaks out on why Diamond is transferring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/25/14 9:14 am    ::: DeShield's Mom speaks out on why Diamond is transferring Reply Reply with quote

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/blog/unc/x1505312594/DeShieldss-mom-talks-for-first-time-about-why-Diamond-is-leaving-UNC

Apparently she hasn't been happy all year.

I hope she finds whatever it is she's looking for, if she even knows what that is.

The grass doesn't always turn out to be greener on the other side of that hill.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/25/14 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I have said many times before, despite their many skills and abilities, at the end of the day, these are still kids.

PostPosted: 04/25/14 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The comments may reveal more than that article does. Laughing

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/25/14 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

I've heard of lots of kids transferring to be close to their boyfriend or girlfriend, but to transfer because of a friend's boyfriend? That would be a new one on me.

Yeah, she's 18 years old, but this is a kid with two well-to-do parents who have been deeply involved in her recruitment and choices from day 1. You would hope (in vain evidently) that she would be getting better adult guidance.

Diamond's new theme song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RzG-BP6RYko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gymrat32

PostPosted: 04/25/14 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
stever wrote:

I've heard of lots of kids transferring to be close to their boyfriend or girlfriend, but to transfer because of a friend's boyfriend? That would be a new one on me.

Yeah, she's 18 years old, but this is a kid with two well-to-do parents who have been deeply involved in her recruitment and choices from day 1. You would hope (in vain evidently) that she would be getting better adult guidance.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RzG-BP6RYko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From her Mother Tisha:
"Diamond just needs different things. And sometimes you have to allow yourself to get in that environment to see if your needs are going to be fully met,” Tisha said. “We’re all changing and growing and changing our minds. Sometimes I feel like people can be a little unfair trying to hold an 18-year-old to a standard that they themselves don’t live by. She’s still growing and this is just part of her maturation process.

I have absolutely no clue what her statement means, "Diamond just needs different things"....Huh???? SMH

PostPosted: 04/25/14 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

You really can't say the comment's are true or not, but there has been alot of rumors out there. Her and McDaniel not getting along sounds more true, McDaniel could have been jealous because she went from being the ACC rookie of the year and think the offensive ran thru her only to be upstaged by a freshman. The comments sound more like bitter fans talking vs facts.
coffy73

PostPosted: 04/25/14 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
stever wrote:

You really can't say the comment's are true or not, but there has been alot of rumors out there. Her and McDaniel not getting along sounds more true, McDaniel could have been jealous because she went from being the ACC rookie of the year and think the offensive ran thru her only to be upstaged by a freshman. The comments sound more like bitter fans talking vs facts.

So McDaniel was jealous and DeShields leaves? I don't think that's the case. I just think Diamond wants to follow her friend who wants to follow her boyfriend.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/25/14 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
stever wrote:

Not the first time you've mentioned wealth in connection with her decision. One would almost get the impression you had a deprived childhood and think money solves everything. Bulletin…..it doesn't. Kids are kids, even wealthy ones with smart. involved parents. They make what they think is the right decision, and sometimes it turns out to be not the right one after all. That's the way it is.

Frankly, the whole thing reminds me of the Michelle Marciniak story. I'm sure you, as a Notre Dame fan, remember it well and probably bitterly. I as a Tennessee fan remember it the way Michelle tells it, that she was unhappy at Notre Dame and realized she had made the wrong choice. I can only imagine what the fan boards would have looked like had they existed in that day, and the endless psychoanalyzing that would have gone on. Shoot, stuff like this happens every year, it's just not every year that it's a high-profile player jumping ship.

PostPosted: 04/25/14 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Not the first time you've mentioned wealth in connection with her decision. One would almost get the impression you had a deprived childhood and think money solves everything.

You're always very quick to resort to personal insults in lieu of intelligent substantive comments on the subject at hand. I think you should cut it out and just discuss the subject of the thread without the ad hominem nonsense.

The obvious point is that this family is not naïve or unsophisticated and knows exactly what they're doing. This isn't some poor uneducated single mom and her daughter being taken advantage of by various colleges. These are wealthy, college educated parents used to dealing with agents and lawyers and GMs and owners and coaches.

This family knows the system and is manipulating it. One would hope that at least the parents would exhibit some maturity. The "she's just a kid" just doesn't wash in this case.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/25/14 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Not the first time you've mentioned wealth in connection with her decision. One would almost get the impression you had a deprived childhood and think money solves everything.

You're always very quick to resort to personal insults in lieu of intelligent substantive comments on the subject at hand. I think you should cut it out and just discuss the subject of the thread without the ad hominem nonsense.

The obvious point is that this family is not naïve or unsophisticated and knows exactly what they're doing. This isn't some poor uneducated single mom and her daughter being taken advantage of by various colleges. These are wealthy, college educated parents used to dealing with agents and lawyers and GMs and owners and coaches.

This family knows the system and is manipulating it. One would hope that at least the parents would exhibit some maturity. The "she's just a kid" just doesn't wash in this case.

Every time I (or someone else, for that matter) disagree with you, you resort to calling it a "personal insult". I think you should cut THAT out.

The fact that the DeShields family is wealthy and used to dealing with agents etc. still does NOT preclude an 18 year old from making a decision that turns out to be the wrong one for her. All those trappings still can't defeat human nature. That's just the way it is.

PostPosted: 04/25/14 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
stever wrote:

So McDaniel was jealous and DeShields leaves? I don't think that's the case. I just think Diamond wants to follow her friend who wants to follow her boyfriend.

If you were 18 would you want to play on a team or be around kids who didn't like you? over on the UNC board it was said a few of the upper class-men had issue with but McDaniel is a name that some one brought up.
until we find out why DD "wasn't happy" we wont know the truth. And if it was because of the fan support I can't blame her for wanting a bigger stage that's just me.
coffy73

PostPosted: 04/25/14 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
stever wrote:

If you were 18 would you want to play on a team or be around kids who didn't like you? over on the UNC board it was said a few of the upper class-men had issue with but McDaniel is a name that some one brought up.
until we find out why DD "wasn't happy" we wont know the truth. And if it was because of the fan support I can't blame her for wanting a bigger stage that's just me.

Gray, Mavunga, and Washington came to UNC because of their friendship with DeShields, from what I've read ever since they committed. Does Diamond have to be BFFs with the entire team to play there? I'm sure most teams aren't comprised of players who are all best friends to each other, I don't know if that's possible. Being respectful, friendly...sure, but everyone has to be BFFs, nah.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/25/14 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
stever wrote:

Gray, Mavunga, and Washington came to UNC because of their friendship with DeShields. Does Diamond have to be BFFs with the entire team to play there? I'm sure most teams aren't comprised of players who are all best friends to each other, I don't know if that's possible. Being respectful, friendly...sure, but everyone has to be BFFs, nah.

You hear about most teams being like family, so I'm sure some girls look at there teammates like sisters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: