RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Terri Mitchell out as Marquette women's basketball coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/01/14 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's hope hiring an alum and former player who is still quite young turns out better for Marquette than it did for fellow Big East member Xavier.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 05/01/14 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Let's hope hiring an alum and former player who is still quite young turns out better for Marquette than it did for fellow Big East member Xavier.

Yeah I hope so also but I'd rather see this hire than Tyler Summitt (he may be a great coach but at 23 with only 2 years coaching experience I wouldn't have wanted to see that hire).

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/01/14 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely agree, and I hope it works out. Not saying that it won't!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 05/01/14 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Definitely agree, and I hope it works out. Not saying that it won't!

Thanks.

And I just brought up the Tyler Summitt thing as some postings on a Marquette Men's messageboard had questioned why they let him walk away if they knew they were going to fire Mitchell. And I just would not have wanted to see him hired at this point. Truthfully I'm not sure who exactly I'd want hired - I'd take Geno but I don't think that was going to happen Smile. There's still something odd about Mitchell's firing to me but it happened and Kieger is here now and I am hoping she does well at MU. It is kind of odd to me that they ended up with a coach who played for the coach they just fired. I give credit to Mitchell who put out a nice tweet wishing Kieger well.

Wow is it going to be weird not seeing Mitchell on the sidelines - I've never been to an MU women's game where she wasn't on the coaching staff and that's going back around 20 years now.

beknighted

PostPosted: 05/02/14 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
dfineguy wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
It does say something though that Cullop wouldn't leave Toledo (MAC) for Marquette (Big East)...kind of surprising.

I'm sure it does. BUT WHAT? Rolling Eyes

LOL...nice rolling of the eyes. Appears as though you know everything (esp APR now that it got explained to you).

Anyway, it would seem as though being one of the top programs in the MAC is better than going to a Big East program that has a pretty good tradition. I understand Seton Hall getting shunned, but a little surprised at Marquette.

I do hope Marquette gets back to winning...I have always liked the school and the program.

If I were a coach, I'd probably see the BEast differently today than I would have three years ago. The league is in transition, and it's hard to tell how good it will be going forward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: