RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nebraska mining the state of Kansas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/02/14 9:23 pm    ::: Nebraska mining the state of Kansas. Reply Reply with quote

Over the past week, Connie Yori has picked up two verbals from the state of Kansas Prep class 2015.

Her most recent commit is no surprise. Lanie Page, a 6'3 4 star post will join her sister, Kaylee Page, a 6'2 4 star frosh to be in Lincoln.

Previously this week, Rachel Blackburn, a 6'3 F out of Kansas and a four star recruit verballed to the Huskers.

The real star of this class is USA Basketball's (U18) Jessica Shepherd, a 6'3 post out of Fremont Nebraska.

A few weeks ago, Yori secured an LOI from 6'3 JUCO transfer Anya Kalenta.

Lots of tall corn in the Lincoln fields.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/02/14 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They also have a 2015 verbal from 6'1 guard Maddie Simon out of Lincoln, NE.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 06/03/14 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm not overly familiar with the goings on in the midwest, but does anyone think the bs at ksu had any impact on the young women opting to leave their home state?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/03/14 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think most of these kids had already made their decision prior to Romero's situation. Kaylee Page committed last year and I'm sure her sister was always planning on doing the same. Sounds like Blackburn was good friends with the Page girls.

sammieee

PostPosted: 06/03/14 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lanie Page is more of a wing than post.

Shepherd is the real deal. I expect multiple B10 POY and AA honors. I think she'll be better than Griffin, Hooper, etc. They will have a real solid future. I really like Natalie Romeo's game (PG recruit from last year). Throw in the Page sisters and Shepherd, and thats a VERY good team. I can see E8 and possibly FF team in Shepherd's JR year/Romeo and Pages SR year.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/03/14 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska has leveraged recent success into some good recruiting classes ... and being in the Big 10 is probably a better situation than the Big 12.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: