RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 Women's Basketball Commitment List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/04/14 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kalani Brown will take the first of her official visits this weekend....to COllege Station.

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 09/04/14 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/416312?referrer_id=986058

Notre Dame Academy from Toledo's Sr 6'2 Forward Kaayla McIntire to stay home! Keeping up Yolanda Richardson's tradition.*Also a 4 star player per Prospect Nation.

Tierra Floyd on her way to Xavier.

Little late mention,this a.m., as still WNBA focused. Unsure if McIntire noted elsewhere-know Floyd was.

Last edited by shadowboxer on 09/05/14 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowboxer

PostPosted: 09/04/14 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That gives Toledo the solid 6'3 soph. center, Sophie, and that 6'3 center freshman from Canada's jr Silver Medal winning team; many soph.and freshmen 6'1 or 6'2 forwards, a great jr wing 3pt shooter, soph. 3 pt shooter and guard/ptg from Spain combined with 2 new pt guards this year; the English player, Jay, and one from IL, I think. With polished and superlative Sr. Inma Zanguerra to captain them on.
(With so many overseas names and repetitive American named players on the roster, time for some creative nicknames.)

A really astounding roster! Great recruiting, Coach Cullop et al.

Sorry for my Toledo WBB free association display;am just richocheting from yesterday's personal WNBA downer to pie in the sky dreaming about the 2014 and on, Rockets. Shocked to Cool

Durantula

PostPosted: 09/06/14 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

leeshajo wrote:
South Dakota State Commits As of today...

Class of 2015
Jessica Mieras Sioux Falls O'Gorman 6-2" post
Sydney Palmer, a 5'11 G/F Pierre, SD
Annabel Graettinger, a 5'9 guard Muscatine, Iowa
Madison Guebert, a 5'8 G from Eastview, MN

Thanks! I only had Guebert in my list so now all four are included. In addition to South Dakota State I have added verbals for Louisiana Lafayette, North Carolina A&T, Quinnipiac, Sam Houston State, Seton Hall, St. Mary's, and Wofford.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/06/14 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
I have read elsewhere that Asia Durr intends to announce her decision next Tuesday.

Obviously I have no way to confirm this. But I thought everyone believed everything they read on the Internet, right?

I read the same...have no reason to believe it or not to believe it so I guess we will see soon enough. Im still hoping for the long shot that Louisville gets her lol but im guessing ND is where she will commit.

I wish that were so, but all signs point to Louisville. I'd be completely (but pleasantly) stunned were she to choose the Irish as she has not even visited there yet (neither officially nor unofficially).

~UK~

PostPosted: 09/06/14 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
I have read elsewhere that Asia Durr intends to announce her decision next Tuesday.

Obviously I have no way to confirm this. But I thought everyone believed everything they read on the Internet, right?

I read the same...have no reason to believe it or not to believe it so I guess we will see soon enough. Im still hoping for the long shot that Louisville gets her lol but im guessing ND is where she will commit.

I wish that were so, but all signs point to Louisville. I'd be completely (but pleasantly) stunned were she to choose the Irish as she has not even visited there yet (neither officially nor unofficially).

Coach McGraw is one of the few elite Coaches in WCBB(not Walz) & will get the best players for her system. I'd bet she already has several 2016 guards lined up if Durr goes elsewhere.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/06/14 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Coach McGraw is one of the few elite Coaches in WCBB(not Walz) & will get the best players for her system. I'd bet she already has several 2016 guards lined up if Durr goes elsewhere.

True. Thanks for the plaudits. Muffet is not done for 2015 yet. Arike Ogunbowale is on campus this weekend and it seems she's down to ND and UCLA. ND already had 2015 commitments from Marina Mabrey (top 10) and Ali Patberg (top 20), and is still recruiting Destinee Walker, a sharpshooter from Florida (plays for Central Florida Elite). Muffet has 2 slots left (after Patberg and Mabrey) and she will probably add one or possibly 2 more.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 09/06/14 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't know until recently that Louisville was the only school she visited....but I think yall are going to be ok without her lol. Louisville is going to need her if they want to have any chance at getting back to a final four.

~UK~

PostPosted: 09/07/14 5:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't know until recently that Louisville was the only school she visited....but I think yall are going to be ok without her lol. Louisville is going to need her if they want to have any chance at getting back to a final four.

Not taking your visits(especially to schools like ND & Duke) doesn't make a lot of sense. Rolling Eyes Shocked Her family & coaches are short changing her if it's true. Something doesn't add up here.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/07/14 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Asia visited other schools, including Rutgers and Maryland, but only unofficially. Rutgers didn't make her final cut of 5, but Maryland did. I'm not sure why she didn't take more official visits. I guess she just got a feeling that Louisville was the spot for her. As UK noted, it seems odd not to visit more schools. It would have allowed her to make a more informed decision. She may have chosen Louisville anyway, but at least she would have had more information upon which to base that decision.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 09/07/14 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Asia visited other schools, including Rutgers and Maryland, but only unofficially. Rutgers didn't make her final cut of 5, but Maryland did. I'm not sure why she didn't take more official visits. I guess she just got a feeling that Louisville was the spot for her. As UK noted, it seems odd not to visit more schools. It would have allowed her to make a more informed decision. She may have chosen Louisville anyway, but at least she would have had more information upon which to base that decision.

Yeah, it does seem strange that she didn't take more visits to the other schools on her top 5....I don't really get that either.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 09/07/14 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

True. Thanks for the plaudits. Muffet is not done for 2015 yet. Arike Ogunbowale is on campus this weekend and it seems she's down to ND and UCLA. ND already had 2015 commitments from Marina Mabrey (top 10) and Ali Patberg (top 20), and is still recruiting Destinee Walker, a sharpshooter from Florida (plays for Central Florida Elite). Muffet has 2 slots left (after Patberg and Mabrey) and she will probably add one or possibly 2 more.

Boy, UCLA is quietly building quite the program. You would think that ND would be the favorite in the Arike sweepstakes which I still do but UCLA is to
be given serious consideration now that I have looked at their recent recruiting successes. Cori Close is doing very well for herself and her program thank you.

PostPosted: 09/08/14 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updates for Arkansas, Auburn, Charleston Southern, Houston, Iona, James Madison, Mercer, Minnesota, Missouri State, Radford, Sam Houston State, Southeast Louisiana, Tulsa, and Virginia.

buzzyb

PostPosted: 09/09/14 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/9/9/6127535/asia-durr-commitment-louisville-womens-basketball-2014/in/4408761

Durr commits to Louisville. With this years incoming class plus next years, Louisville seems to be moving in the direction of no longer relying on one player (like they did with Angel and Shoni) - hopefully a championship soon Smile

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/09/14 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

buzzyb wrote:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/9/9/6127535/asia-durr-commitment-louisville-womens-basketball-2014/in/4408761

Durr commits to Louisville. With this years incoming class plus next years, Louisville seems to be moving in the direction of no longer relying on one player (like they did with Angel and Shoni) - hopefully a championship soon Smile

Excellent!!

AAOK423

PostPosted: 09/09/14 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

buzzyb wrote:

So excited for Louisville!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/09/14 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
buzzyb wrote:

So excited for Louisville!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And soooo glad it wasn't Duke!! Very Happy Very Happy

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/09/14 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad it wasn't Duke or UConn. Most UConn fans are glad Durr didn't committ to ND.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/10/14 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No surprise, and glad it wasn't Duke.

PostPosted: 09/10/14 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but curious about why others are happy she didn't commit to Duke.

~rAf
summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/10/14 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but curious about why others are happy she didn't commit to Duke.

I can't speak for others, but my S/O is a UVA grad. I have quite different reasons for detesting Duke.

PostPosted: 09/10/14 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I can't speak for others, but my S/O is a UVA grad. I have quite different reasons for detesting Duke.
I'm a fan of Duke's archrival.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/13/14 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Sevillian, 6'1" wing out of Goodrich Michigan has verbaled Iowa. Alexis sister, Keke, is a sophomore at Penn State.

Oops scratch this. Sevillian, who is only 5'6" is a 2016er. Keke is still her sister, tho. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by NoDakSt on 09/14/14 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Durantula

PostPosted: 09/14/14 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lot of updates the past few days. Arkansas, Arkansas-Little Rock, Bethune Cookman, Boston University, Cleveland State, Illinois, James Madison, Kent State, Louisville, UMass, Michigan State, Penn State, Portland, Southern Mississippi, St. Francis (PA), Stony Brook, UC Irvine, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wright State. The Michigan State one was a little older but I forgot to add it. There was a switch for a player from Indiana to Michigan State once Curt Miller resigned.

dfineguy

PostPosted: 09/14/14 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Teniya Page pulled the trigger for Penn State and Coach Coquese. A good match for them both would be my guess. I didn't catch any big announcement or anything. Perhaps Ms. Page is all about basketball, not publicity. Sounds good to me.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: