RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers for 2013-2014 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ball4life

PostPosted: 05/06/14 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jasmine Bailey released from Stoney Brook, Ruth Sherrill released from Hofstra both have 2 years remaining

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 05/06/14 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Liz Stratham is transferring from Butler to Indiana and will have one year eligibility left after sitting out 2014-15. Last season she lead the BEast in total blocked shots and was the second leading scorer for the Bulldogs at 13.1 ppg. She originally transferred to Butler from Xavier.

What? She is transferring to IU from Butler or Xavier? I know she went to Butler but had enough and was leaving. Did she ever go to Xavier?

Liz Stratman is a very good player and will help IU quite a bit that one year. Good pick up for Curt and crew...

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/06/14 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Liz Stratham is transferring from Butler to Indiana and will have one year eligibility left after sitting out 2014-15. Last season she lead the BEast in total blocked shots and was the second leading scorer for the Bulldogs at 13.1 ppg. She originally transferred to Butler from Xavier.

What? She is transferring to IU from Butler or Xavier? I know she went to Butler but had enough and was leaving. Did she ever go to Xavier?

Liz Stratman is a very good player and will help IU quite a bit that one year. Good pick up for Curt and crew...

She played in 12 games at Xavier during 2011-2012 season. I think she was a frosh when Amber Harris and Ta'Shia Phillips were seniors.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 05/07/14 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

She played in 12 games at Xavier during 2011-2012 season. I think she was a frosh when Amber Harris and Ta'Shia Phillips were seniors.

That's right...thank you for the clarification. I remember Purdue had recruited her and if memory serves, she had a pretty involved dad. I wonder if he has played a part in her transferring so much, going on her 3rd school in 4 years.

ball4life

PostPosted: 05/09/14 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Singleton leaves Marshall for Trinity Valley CC

warladytigers

PostPosted: 05/12/14 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another one for Auburn - Megan Tucker - has not announced where she is going but left the team right after the banquet.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 05/12/14 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Old Dominion F Shae Kelley is transferring to Minnesota for her final year of eligibility. She was named First Team All-Conference USA last year.

Quote:
The 6-foot-1 forward averaged 17.8 points and 9.7 rebounds per game this season as a junior.

Quote:
Kelley took her first recruiting visit to Ole Miss after deciding she would transfer to play her final season at another Division I school. She also considered Louisville, Michigan State and Louisiana State.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25745187/womens-basketball-old-dominion-star-transferring-minnesota

ball4life

PostPosted: 05/13/14 9:25 pm    ::: Not exactly transfer but Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Dyzhanay Burton & Justyce Swango, both released from their LOI's at Charleston signs with Georgetown.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 05/13/14 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of notes from Michigan.

@ASGR1995: Michigan transfer Val Driscoll 6-4 C to play her last year at Quinnipiac. Driscoll originally from Stoughton MA.

(Driscoll has graduated from Michigan and has a 5th year due to an ACL)

@ASGR1995: HC Dawn Plitzuweit & Northern Kentucky get 2 transfers for 2014-15. Becca Lyttle 5-11 G Michigan & ShaRae Davis 5-9 PG Youngstown State.

(Lyttle was recruited by Plitzuweit at U-M. She sat out her freshman year recovering from an ACL and played sparingly her sophomore year.)

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/20/14 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's Brianna Banks transferring for her senior season, perhaps to be closer to home, which is in Georgia.
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 05/21/14 5:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn's Brianna Banks transferring for her senior season, perhaps to be closer to home, which is in Georgia.

Barring a family issue, how do you willingly go from top dog to any other program which is likely to be an also ran?
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/21/14 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Barring a family issue, how do you willingly go from top dog to any other program which is likely to be an also ran?

So you can play basketball.

If you're really good at something -- and Banks is a fine player -- you like to do what you're good at. Sitting on the bench at UConn might be fun if you love practicing and lifting weights and never getting to play, but at least for me, I'd much rather be on the court in a "lesser" program (I don't think winning national titles is the only measure of success) than watching my very brief window of opportunity shut while someone else gets the minutes.

PostPosted: 05/21/14 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

So you can play basketball.

If you're really good at something -- and Banks is a fine player -- you like to do what you're good at. Sitting on the bench at UConn might be fun if you love practicing and lifting weights and never getting to play, but at least for me, I'd much rather be on the court in a "lesser" program (I don't think winning national titles is the only measure of success) than watching my very brief window of opportunity shut while someone else gets the minutes.

HERE is the official UConn PR announcement.

Banks has two NC rings from 2013 and 2014. However, she was ACL injured for the last half of the 2013 season and got only 30 minutes of playing time in the six games of the 2014 NCAA tournament. Indeed, she got only five minutes of playing time in last four games of the tournament because those were "close" games, in which Geno played only six players. "Close" in the UKhan empire means the margin was between 15-21 points--ergo, too risky to play Banks (or Chong).

On top of that, UConn is bringing in four freshman next season who are all basically guard-wings, two of them having point guard experience. Banks has been recruited over, knows it and, as Clay says, wants to play basketball not watch it.
beknighted

PostPosted: 05/21/14 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Banks has two NC rings from 2013 and 2014. However, she was ACL injured for the last half of the 2013 season and got only 30 minutes of playing time in the six games of the 2014 NCAA tournament. Indeed, she got only five minutes of playing time in last four games of the tournament because those were "close" games, in which Geno played only six players. "Close" in the UKhan empire means the margin was between 15-21 points--ergo, too risky to play Banks (or Chong).

On top of that, UConn is bringing in four freshman next season who are all basically guard-wings, two of them having point guard experience. Banks has been recruited over, knows it and, as Clay says, wants to play basketball not watch it.

I've always been interested in the type of player who is willing to go to an elite program knowing that she's going to play only mop up minutes. Sometimes it's someone like, say, Katie Adams at Rutgers, who probably wouldn't have had a prominent role in any good program (and who, I understand, was willing to sit on the bench for the opportunity to learn things she could use in a coaching career), but there also are players like Chong or Banks (maybe not Banks, as it may be that the ACL prevented her from having a bigger role) who could be starters at a lot of other places and choose to go to UConn, Baylor, etc. anyway, even knowing that they're been recruited largely to be practice players. I'm very curious about the motivation.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/21/14 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I've always been interested in the type of player who is willing to go to an elite program knowing that she's going to play only mop up minutes. Sometimes it's someone like, say, Katie Adams at Rutgers, who probably wouldn't have had a prominent role in any good program (and who, I understand, was willing to sit on the bench for the opportunity to learn things she could use in a coaching career), but there also are players like Chong or Banks (maybe not Banks, as it may be that the ACL prevented her from having a bigger role) who could be starters at a lot of other places and choose to go to UConn, Baylor, etc. anyway, even knowing that they're been recruited largely to be practice players. I'm very curious about the motivation.

Sarah Edwards and Amanda Canon, back in the early 2000s, chose to walk on at UT rather than go to other schools where they had been recruited. Sarah, in particular, had a number of offers from D-I schools but had always wanted to be a Lady Vol. They were both eventually granted scholarships because of their outstanding work ethic. Sarah played only 3 years before graduating and going on to medical school. Amanda played her full 4 and graduated from the UT nursing program, then went on to Vanderbilt and if I recall correctly has since become an advanced practice nurse.

PostPosted: 05/22/14 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Banks thought she wouldn't play, and I would guess the same is true of Chong.

It's really hard for kids and their families to judge where they will fit at top schools -- it's hard for coaches, for that matter -- and sometimes it takes a couple years before the writing on the wall becomes crystal clear.

Some girls want the challenge and like to be part of an elite program even if they don't get on the court. Others want to play the game they're so good at, and wind up wasting a couple years, due to injury or being not quite good enough, before they realize that if they want to play, they need to move.

Of course, if you're at Kansas State, it's a lot harder to do that ...

PostPosted: 05/27/14 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kady Schrann - Vandy -> FGCU

http://www.news-press.com/story/sports/college/fgcu/2014/05/27/fgcu-women-add-vandy-transfer-schrann/9631763/

Kind of a surprise to me as it looks like she was to be the only senior for Vandy this upcoming season?

sammieee

PostPosted: 05/28/14 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dylan and Dakota Gonzalez transferring to UNLV (from Kansas).

They are quite famous in the social network scene for their looks.

They thanked everyone but the womens staff at Kansas (including the Men's coaching staff). And said something about moving on to a place with loving and supporting coaching staff. Laughing Twisted Evil

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/29/14 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sammieee wrote:

They thanked everyone but the womens staff at Kansas (including the Men's coaching staff). And said something about moving on to a place with loving and supporting coaching staff. Laughing Twisted Evil

They seem a bit into themselves. It will be interesting to see how things play out in their career.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 05/29/14 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been posted . Just saw this tweet :

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 3h
HC Tyler Summitt Louisiana Tech picks up 2 transfers from Marquette. Ashley Santos 5-11 G Geneva HS IL & Brooklyn Pumroy 5-8 PG Fairborn OH.

sammieee

PostPosted: 05/29/14 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
sammieee wrote:

They seem a bit into themselves. It will be interesting to see how things play out in their career.

Dakota is the better of the two. She actually played decent minutes this year. Seen them play in the AAU, and she is definitely D1 talent. She probably could have been a starter after Boyd/Knight graduate.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 05/29/14 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted . Just saw this tweet :

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 3h
HC Tyler Summitt Louisiana Tech picks up 2 transfers from Marquette. Ashley Santos 5-11 G Geneva HS IL & Brooklyn Pumroy 5-8 PG Fairborn OH.

Just saw it announced today. It had been reported awhile ago that both were leaving Marquette and I had a feeling they might follow Summitt. Here's the La Tech release:

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/052914aaa.html

Santos only has 2 years of eligibility remaining after sitting out this season while she would have had 3 years of eligibility left had she stayed at Marquette since she had a redshirt season her first year at Marquette due to injury.

As far as I've heard, these are the only 2 players leaving after the coaching change at Marquette and the 4 incoming frosh are still coming. I have no idea who the point guard for MU will be for next season though - Pumroy leaving is a big loss for them.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/12/14 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittany Carter, who graduated from Ball State in 3 years, will transfer to Illinois and play in the 2014-15 season with one year of eligibility remaining.

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/061214aaa.html

PostPosted: 06/20/14 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Blaine to Howard and Ruth Sherrill to Temple.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/21/14 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

precious Person Is now at Ole Miss.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: