RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers for 2013-2014 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beknighted

PostPosted: 03/28/14 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ball4life wrote:
Precious Person leaves Rutgers

I don't think it's official yet, but it's definitely been reported in the NJ press.

ball4life

PostPosted: 03/28/14 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
ball4life wrote:

I don't think it's official yet, but it's definitely been reported in the NJ press.

I hear the same deal with Tasia Butler Syracuse

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/28/14 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
ball4life wrote:

I had already posted it here because the NJ Star Ledger reported that she was transferring and not on the bench for the last game.

The big question is will any IMPACT transfers come up? Last year there was a few players who were productive. So far its mostly players who just were bench warmers for the most part now transferring down to mid major.

ball4life

PostPosted: 03/28/14 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raeshaun Gaffney leaves UVA going to Xavier.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/28/14 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
beknighted wrote:
ball4life wrote:

I had already posted it here because the NJ Star Ledger reported that she was transferring and not on the bench for the last game.

Actually, she hasn't been there for any of the WNIT games.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/28/14 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anybody know where Briahanna Jackson from Central Florida landed? Most of the transfers where I already have the new school left after 1st semester. Jackson left then, so its been a few months but no word of a new destination.

At 15 points per game for UCF, she is hands down the best transfer on the list remaining. The rest are not really impact players at least on the big school level.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/29/14 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hannah Tvrdy leaving Cornhusker program to pursue program where she can get more playing time.

http://www.theindependent.com/sports/tvrdy-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_01406c48-b704-11e3-8f39-001a4bcf887a.html

pastrami

PostPosted: 03/30/14 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Martino of U Delaware was a mid season transfer to Loyola Chicago. She had transferred to ud after not getting any minutes at Akron, and didn't get any at ud.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 04/03/14 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Hannah Tvrdy leaving Cornhusker program to pursue program where she can get more playing time.

http://www.theindependent.com/sports/tvrdy-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_01406c48-b704-11e3-8f39-001a4bcf887a.html

ESPN Reports that Sadie Murren is leaving Nebraska as well. I wonder what's up with that.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10716887/sadie-murren-hannah-tvrdy-leaving-cornhuskers-women-team[url][/url]

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/03/14 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

ESPN Reports that Sadie Murren is leaving Nebraska as well. I wonder what's up with that.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10716887/sadie-murren-hannah-tvrdy-leaving-cornhuskers-women-team[url][/url]

Nebraska is only losing one player, Jordan Hooper whose not a guard, and they have 3 guards coming in who are part of the best class ever in Nebraska history, so perhaps they don't feel they can compete with all the guards so they won't be getting a lot of play time.

ball4life

PostPosted: 04/03/14 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Romeo tore her ACL last week so I'm sure that hurts.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/14 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wondering what's going on with Ariel Massengale at UT……she hasn't played since her facial injury, and Holly said they were "leaving the decision up to her". Andraya Carter seems to have moved into the starting spot very successfully and there's a guard-heavy class coming in with Alexa Middleton plus Kortney Dunbar and Jannah Tucker who I think is a wing who might play some minutes at the point as needed…..will Massengale transfer?

PostPosted: 04/04/14 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ball4life wrote:

Best name in WBB, along with Aerial Powers of MSU.

PostPosted: 04/04/14 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At Temple:

"Junior guard Rateska Brown confirmed last week that she plans to transfer ahead of the 2014-15 season to spend her final year of eligibility elsewhere.

Brown said that, including dismissed sophomore forward Jacquilyn Jackson, three other Owls will be transferring this offseason. Brown said that two of the players do not want their identities revealed yet.

“Yes, I’m transferring,” Brown said. “We always have meetings [with coach Tonya Cardoza] after the season is over about next year or how we had done in the past season, and there wasn’t even the option of coming back next year. It was suggested that I transfer.”

http://thecherry.temple-news.com/category/womens-basketball/

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 04/04/14 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
At Temple:

"Junior guard Rateska Brown confirmed last week that she plans to transfer ahead of the 2014-15 season to spend her final year of eligibility elsewhere.

Brown said that, including dismissed sophomore forward Jacquilyn Jackson, three other Owls will be transferring this offseason. Brown said that two of the players do not want their identities revealed yet.

“Yes, I’m transferring,” Brown said. “We always have meetings [with coach Tonya Cardoza] after the season is over about next year or how we had done in the past season, and there wasn’t even the option of coming back next year. It was suggested that I transfer.”

Trouble at Temple? Sounds strange.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/04/14 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
At Temple:

Trouble at Temple? Sounds strange.

If she's right about two more leaving, that would make seven players leaving in a two year span which must be some kind of record.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/04/14 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ball4life wrote:

If so, that's news to us here in the East Bay, where Romeo is from.

Her AAU coach had heard nothing about it as of this morning, so I think she's probably OK.

PostPosted: 04/04/14 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ball4life wrote:

If so, that's news to us here in the East Bay, where Romeo is from.

Her AAU coach had heard nothing about it as of this morning, so I think she's probably OK.

That's good, I guess ACL was the worst case, just hear it so much I assumed. Ho8 this is an excerpt from an email from her dad 2 weeks ago.

"I have some bad news.  Natalie hurt her knee last night in her game. We are taking her to the doc today, but it is swollen up and she is in pain......"

After reading I assumed the worst. By the way Romeo is from Cali.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/04/14 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Romeo hurt her knee during the summer, and two weeks ago was played her last high school game against Miramonte. I was at the game, and she did not get hurt.

If true, I'm surprised Vince (the dad) didn't tell the AAU coach, as they are close and Natalie played for the coach for five years or so.

PostPosted: 04/04/14 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Wondering what's going on with Ariel Massengale at UT……she hasn't played since her facial injury, and Holly said they were "leaving the decision up to her". Andraya Carter seems to have moved into the starting spot very successfully and there's a guard-heavy class coming in with Alexa Middleton plus Kortney Dunbar and Jannah Tucker who I think is a wing who might play some minutes at the point as needed…..will Massengale transfer?

Plus Reynolds has shown good promise as well. I've wondered about AM too.

ball4life

PostPosted: 04/04/14 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. I would never say something like that about my kid if it wasn't true seems like bad karma. Anyway according your timeline Clay it may not have been any injury at all.

ball4life

PostPosted: 04/04/14 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Doubt Tucker will ever play point guard.

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/06/14 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan Laramie is transferring from Indiana State. I would say she is one of the few transfers we've seen that were productive at their school. Laramie started all 32 games this season and scored 9.9 points per game.

bullsky

PostPosted: 04/06/14 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Ariel, come reunite with your girl Taylor Tuck at Illinois! Cool

PostPosted: 04/09/14 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Blaine leaves St. Francis (PA) I believe she was productive for them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: