RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Head Coaching Changes (2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 03/06/14 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAJ McWILLIAMS FRANKLIN?? In North Dakota? Shocked

I sense a terrible disconnect there. Anyone here knows she's my Fave All-Time, and North Dakota is actually a state I have loved visiting....but....together?? Laughing Interesting..... Confused

PostPosted: 03/06/14 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I sense a terrible disconnect there. Anyone here knows she's my Fave All-Time, and North Dakota is actually a state I have loved visiting....but....together?? Laughing Interesting..... Confused

NDSU happens to border Minnesota, a place where she won a WNBA Championship. Fargo....the sister city of Moorhead, MN. I sense a connect.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/06/14 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Howee wrote:

NDSU happens to border Minnesota, a place where she won a WNBA Championship. Fargo....the sister city of Moorhead, MN. I sense a connect.

Still seems crazy. I suspect maybe more Division I assistants will throw out once March is over; not sure what the timeline is for this search.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/07/14 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tom Collen out at Arkansas ...

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10569684/arkansas-fires-women-basketball-coach-tom-collen

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/09/14 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CONFIRMED by Michelle Voepel AND Van Langen

Patterson OUT at K state

Edit...article posted.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/09/4877240/k-state-to-part-ways-with-womens.html

PostPosted: 03/09/14 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! some pretty good jobs opening up.

PostPosted: 03/09/14 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Patterson OUT at K state

Quote:
Associate head coach Kamie Ethridge will serve as interim head coach.

Interesting. Her live-in partner takes over. Shocked

PostPosted: 03/09/14 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hate to break it to you, Howee, but Coach Ethridge and Deb are not "partners" in that sense of the word. Ethridge is very much temporary as interim head coach as all of the coaches were let go. That means Kamie Ethridge and Shalee Lehning are both job hunting and I think either one would be an asset to any program in the country.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/09/14 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flatlander5 wrote:
Hate to break it to you, Howee, but Coach Ethridge and Deb are not "partners" in that sense of the word.

Oh? Did they break up? They may no longer be partners today....but they certainly did share a home/pets/etc., in the recent past. That info even appeared in the Kansas City Star a while back.

PostPosted: 03/10/14 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm quite familiar with the situation... yes, they share a house. Lots of people have roommates. That doesn't mean anything. As far as I know, they still share a home but they are not a couple and never have been. People have used that for years as ammo against Deb. Not sure why it would be such a big deal if they were a couple... Probably just because this is ultra conservative Kansas we are talking about.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/10/14 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flatlander5 wrote:
I'm quite familiar with the situation... yes, they share a house. Lots of people have roommates. That doesn't mean anything. As far as I know, they still share a home but they are not a couple and never have been.

Umm, No. NOT "lots" of very mature, heterosexual women with grand incomes 'share a home'. Laughing

flatlander5 wrote:
People have used that for years as ammo against Deb. Not sure why it would be such a big deal if they were a couple... Probably just because this is ultra conservative Kansas we are talking about.

Not sure why YOU reacted so defensively....unless you're one of those *ultra-conservative* flatlanders. I certainly don't have a problem with it....I'm gay, and I don't give a rip. My only point was that they were "live-in partners" (re-check my post), and that I think it's odd the admin would see fit to appoint the other one as interim head coach, after firing the one.
I mean, really? If it was a case of Deb not having her contract renewed, why not just let her finish her *duties* for what remains this year? Why oust her NOW, and put her 'live-in partner' in charge. Just strikes me as odd.

Personally, I am delighted she's been axed. I am NOT a Deb Fan--not since the scathing expose about her being a Total Bitch to her players. Certainly, as a bona fide 'flatlander', you CANNOT have missed that debacle from 7/8 years ago?

PostPosted: 03/10/14 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Umm, No. NOT "lots" of very mature, heterosexual women with grand incomes 'share a home'. coach, after firing the one.

I was just going to make this point. I mean, I can see maybe if they just take a new job & move to a new place or whatnot, but not 2 highly compensated people that have worked in the same location for over 15 years.

flatlander5

PostPosted: 03/10/14 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alright, alright... point made. I was defensive and for no reason other than I get tired of people dogging Deb and Kamie for sharing a home. I am definitely NOT one of those ultra conservative flatlanders - I'm probably considered far out liberal in these parts! Lol I apologize for being defensive.

My thought on appointing Kamie as interim coach is that it provides some sort of continuity for the players. These girls have had their lives turned upside down and I feel for them. All four former KSU coaches put the needs of the girls first and want what's best for them and keeping Kamie in place for the time being has to help.

Yes, I'm very familiar with Voepel's article from several years ago. I read through it multiple times and talked with players about it at the time. Yes, I think it brought up some valid issues, most of which had already been dealt with. The players I spoke to (who had no reason to hide anything - I wasn't going to share it or use it against them at any point) did not have any issues with Deb. By the time the article came out, she had backed way off of the religion angle although she will never be one to hide her strong faith. She was not pushing it on her players. I can't speak for what happened in the years before as I did not start following the team closely until around 2004.

Deb can be very demanding. She expects her players to be good students and good citizens. If anything, she may exert a bit more control on their lives outside basketball than most coaches. That's a theory... not a fact. Player know what is expected of them when they are recruited. The girls obviously love being around one another and are best friends both on and off the court. It's a very tight knit program (another reason I worry about the players).

I don't know what the future holds but I was shocked by the firing. I, along with most fans, had assumed that Shalee Lehning would take over head coaching duties eventually but she has been fired along with the others. I don't understand why the school would want to get rid of Shalee as she embodies KSU in so many ways and has strong relationships with fans, players, recruits and donors. Some school will get a gem when they hire her.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/10/14 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Santa Clara open

http://santaclarabroncos.com/sports/w-baskbl/2013-14/releases/20140310jcd5sa

PostPosted: 03/10/14 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I was as surprised and amused as Howee to hear this report that Patterson and Ethridge are not a couple. But if not, great! C'mon home, Kamie! We'll roll out the burnt orange carpet for her, for sure.

E.T.A. For that matter, c'mon home either way, Kamie. We'll give Deb a job on the Longhorn Network. Twisted Evil

Howee

PostPosted: 03/10/14 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ironically, I'd been thinking Deb had K-State on the uptick by this season's end. I mean, if the 2006 expose didn't pull the rug out from under her, why NOW?

Re: TX? Texas is just fine as is, newkid....they've got a really bright future! Cool

PostPosted: 03/11/14 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown open ...

Jean Burr retires

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/w-baskbl/2013-14/releases/20140310l9y0lm

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/11/14 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Binghamton Open ...

http://www.bubearcats.com/index.php/news/show/scholl_will_not_return_as_womens_basketball_coach

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/11/14 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SE Louisiana Open ...
http://www.lionsports.net/news/2014/3/10/WBB_0310145613.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/16/14 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

La Tech Open ... Weatherspoon relieved of duties

http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/20140315/SPORTS/303150035/Louisiana-Tech-fires-Teresa-Weatherspoon

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/17/14 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UL-Monroe's Martin Retires ... http://www.ulmwarhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90655&SPID=10982&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209437680&DB_OEM_ID=19000

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/18/14 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TCU Open ... as Jeff Mittie takes over Kansas State program

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/031814aaa.html

Howee

PostPosted: 03/18/14 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:

Dayum. Certainly didn't see THAT coming.... Shocked

PostPosted: 03/19/14 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

Dayum. Certainly didn't see THAT coming.... Shocked

Nor did anyone around here. Money saving move by the AD, who will save about $1 million over the next five years over what Patterson would have been paid. No word yet on assistants or if any players are leaving.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 03/23/14 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn Brown had interim HC title removed and is permanent HC ... Just said it on ESPN during their game vs. U Conn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: