RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coaches on the hot seat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 01/28/14 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Though contract lengths don't have much strength anymore to keep you around ...

Arizona - Contract runs through 2015-16
Minnesota - Contract runs through 2015-16

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/28/14 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Though contract lengths don't have much strength anymore to keep you around ...

Arizona - Contract runs through 2015-16
Minnesota - Contract runs through 2015-16

Good info. I'm guessing Arizona sticks with Butts at least one more year because if it's too cheap to pay the going rate for a major conference coach, it's certainly going to be too cheap to buy out a contract.

PostPosted: 01/28/14 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By no means is this list an indication of hot seat or any other question. But here is a list of coaches contracts that I have compiled just by the grace of the research realms of google and digging around. There may have even been an extension that I couldn't dig up as well. If anyone can find a newer contract or has knowledge of these being incorrect please reply. But here we go:

2013-14
Long Beach State - Jody Wynn
Norfolk State - Debra Clark
Western Carolina - Karen Middleton
Oregon - Paul Westhead
North Dakota State - Carolyn DeHoff
La Tech - Teresa Weatherspoon
Fairleigh Dickinson - Peter Cinella
Boston - Kelly Greenberg
Southern Miss - Joye-Lee McNelis
Kansas - Bonnie Henrickson
Eastern Washington - Wendy Schuller
Southern - Sandy Pugh
Cal Poly - Faith Minmaugh
Kansas State - Deb Patterson
Tulane - Lisa Stockton
Rutgers - C. Vivian Stringer

2014-15
Jackson State - Surina Dixon
Texas A&M CC - Royce Chadwick
Hawaii - Laura Beeman
East Carolina - Heather Macy
New Hampshire - Maureen Magarity
Detroit - Autumn Rademacher
Murray State - Rob Cross
Idaho State - Seton Sobolewski
Portland State - Sherri Murrell
Montana State - Tricia Binford
Boise State - Gordy Presnell
Wyoming - Joe Legerski
Ga Tech - MaChelle Joseph
Arkansas State - Brian Boyer
FSU - Sue Semrau
Arizona State - Charli Turner Thorne
Montana - Robin Selvig

2015-16
Marshall - Matt Daniel
Central Arkansas - Sandra Rushing
WKU - Michelle Clark Heard
Kent State - Danielle O'Banion
Mississippi State - Vic Shaefer
SEMO State - Ty Margenthaler
Maine - Richard Barron
Charlotte - Cara Consuegra
Virginia - Joanne Boyle
LSU - Nikki Caldwell
Nevada - Jane Albright
Arizona - Niya Butts
Temple - Tonya Cardoza
Idaho - Jon Newlee
Arkansas - Tom Collen
UCF - Joi Williams
Northern Iowa - Tanya Warren
Northern Colorado - Jaime White
IPFW - Chris Paul
Minnesota - Pam Borton
JMU - Kenny Brooks

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 01/28/14 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="thefutureisbright"]

2013-14
Long Beach State - Jody Wynn safe
Norfolk State - Debra Clark safe
Western Carolina - Karen Middleton warm, hasnt been same since harper left by a longshot
Oregon - Paul Westhead Buh Bye Now.
North Dakota State - Carolyn DeHoff Atomic.
La Tech - Teresa Weatherspoon HOT Won with longs kids, has done nothing but go backwards since, wouldn't be shocked to see her in the W in 2 years, maybe as front office.
Fairleigh Dickinson - Peter Cinella they seem to like him, had most of his talent get injured, he gets a pass.
Boston - Kelly Greenberg If she leaves it's to another school shocked she hasnt been renewed
Southern Miss - Joye-Lee McNelis doing better, was on hot seat a couple of years ago, ill say warm to hot
Kansas - Bonnie Henrickson Warm, but if they dumped her they'd be CRAZY done great job in post season, it's the regular season thats the issue.
Eastern Washington - Wendy Schuller dont know enough
Southern - Sandy Pugh Swac contender, should be extended unless they're too poor to even do that.
Cal Poly - Faith Minmaugh
Kansas State - Deb Patterson Still get the attendance but has had some bad press, should be safe but will wait for the extension.
Tulane - Lisa Stockton Should be safe. But a CUSA title would help, always pull off big Non conference wins then flounder in the conference.
Rutgers - C. Vivian Stringer I'd say Hot. Know RU boards SAY hermann wants to keep her, she's grossly overpaid (some estimate MORE than Flood!) would likely need to take a MAJOR pay cut to stay (would she jump?) new AD wants to make her mark, and the team is full speed on the treadmill of medocrity...they miss tourney i think she's gone by some "Mutual Arrangement" If they make it I think she stays.

PostPosted: 01/28/14 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

2013-14

Eastern Washington - Wendy Schuller dont know enough

She's been there for 13 years and has a good track record, I doubt she would be in any danger.

PostPosted: 01/29/14 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU's Kenny Brooks signed an extension in 2012 that runs through the 2016-17 season.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 01/29/14 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pwhite66 wrote:
JMU's Kenny Brooks signed an extension in 2012 that runs through the 2016-17 season.

Thanks!

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/29/14 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Star Tribune chimes in on the possibility of Borton being let go by comparing her situation this year to Tubby Smith's last year.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/242510461.html

Quote:
It cost the athletic department $2.5 million to buy out Smiths contract. A buy out for Borton has been estimated at $350,000.

Teague started leaning toward a change with Smith during that five-game, mid-conference stretch of offensive ineptitude. The concrete was set on the decision during the Gophers abomination of a 51-49 loss to Illinois in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.

On Tuesday, Teague was asked what wouldve occurred with Tubby if the Gophers had beaten Florida and advanced to the Sweet Sixteen a year ago. Quietly, with no bluster, Teague said:

One more win wouldnt have changed the decision.

Teague is staying level-headed on Borton, so Im offering this as an opinion with no input from the athletic director:

Borton would be able to save her job with a trip to the Sweet Sixteen and thats also what it is going to take.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/29/14 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
The Star Tribune chimes in on the possibility of Borton being let go by comparing her situation this year to Tubby Smith's last year.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/242510461.html

Quote:
It cost the athletic department $2.5 million to buy out Smiths contract. A buy out for Borton has been estimated at $350,000.

Teague started leaning toward a change with Smith during that five-game, mid-conference stretch of offensive ineptitude. The concrete was set on the decision during the Gophers abomination of a 51-49 loss to Illinois in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.

On Tuesday, Teague was asked what wouldve occurred with Tubby if the Gophers had beaten Florida and advanced to the Sweet Sixteen a year ago. Quietly, with no bluster, Teague said:

One more win wouldnt have changed the decision.

Teague is staying level-headed on Borton, so Im offering this as an opinion with no input from the athletic director:

Borton would be able to save her job with a trip to the Sweet Sixteen and thats also what it is going to take.

The men's program has higher standards. The women's program has been ignored for years now. Not sure speculation by reporters is gonna change that.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ridor

PostPosted: 02/02/14 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My money is on Jamelle Elliott, she'll be fired at Cincinnati at the end of this season. After routinely blown away by UConn (the latest 87-29 at Cincinnati) should nail her coffin in Cincinnati. Jamelle has only one person to thank for her demise: Geno Auriemma.

R-

mnlynxfan

PostPosted: 02/02/14 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Borton making it to the sweet 16. What a joke. They won't even make it the NCAA tourney. Time to FINALLY get rid of her after this season. She has ruined the program for to many years.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/03/14 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mnlynxfan wrote:
Borton making it to the sweet 16. What a joke. They won't even make it the NCAA tourney. Time to FINALLY get rid of her after this season. She has ruined the program for to many years.

Sure, just watch the Gophers win a few games in a row, get in as a #12 seed and pull off two upsets like Kansas did last year. Very Happy Either way, the Gopher can do better than Borton, just like they realized their Men's program could do better than Tubby.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 02/03/14 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She signed a contract extension through 2018 in July 2012. Not sure they can eat 4 years depending on buyout

ridor wrote:
My money is on Jamelle Elliott, she'll be fired at Cincinnati at the end of this season. After routinely blown away by UConn (the latest 87-29 at Cincinnati) should nail her coffin in Cincinnati. Jamelle has only one person to thank for her demise: Geno Auriemma.

R-

yhave1ne

PostPosted: 02/05/14 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
She signed a contract extension through 2018 in July 2012. Not sure they can eat 4 years depending on buyout

ridor wrote:

R-

I think firing her may not be as hard as it would seem.

Durantula

PostPosted: 02/13/14 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The handful of interim coaches out there this year, are they expected to get the permanent position or will these jobs be open?

Richard 77

PostPosted: 03/07/14 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add Bobbie Kelsey of Wisconsin to the list. Fans are starting to ask for her termination. I am not one of them.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
StevenHW

PostPosted: 03/07/14 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
Add Bobbie Kelsey of Wisconsin to the list. Fans are starting to ask for her termination. I am not one of them.

Isn't this only Bobbie's second year at Wisconsin?

Man, some "fans" just don't have any patience.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/07/14 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Deb Patterson is 34-58 the last 5 years in the XII.

Not that I think her cheeks are warming. I don't think she makes waves so she's probably safe.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/08/14 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:

Really tough Big 10 tournament loss for Wisconsin. Minnesota never led in regulation and was down double digits I think in the last 5 minutes, and won in overtime. A loss there would have warmed Borton's seat, and the reverse - given the way it went down - may have warmed Kelsey's.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/08/14 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
shyguy1701 wrote:

This was her third year.

Her record at Wisconsin so far is:
2011-12 9-20 (5-11)
2012-13 12-19 (3-13)
2013-14 10-19 (3-13)

tfan

PostPosted: 03/08/14 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:

Doesn't UConn routinely blow everybody away? Seems like getting blown out by UConn would not be a make or break deal for a college coach.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/08/14 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston University's Kelly Greenberg should be.

"One basketball player at Boston University said she felt so emotionally damaged by her coach she considered suicide.

Another player said the coach, Kelly Greenberg, treated her so poorly she sought mental health care. And two other players said Greenbergs emotional abuse ruined their love of the sport.

All four women walked away from the BU womens basketball team this academic year, an exodus that has renewed questions about Greenbergs treatment of her student-athletes and her future at the school. ..."

http://preview.tinyurl.com/nnx4woz

BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/08/14 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
shyguy1701 wrote:

Man, some "fans" just don't have any patience.

X-------------

PostPosted: 03/08/14 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:

"One basketball player at Boston University said she felt so emotionally damaged by her coach she considered suicide.

Another player said the coach, Kelly Greenberg, treated her so poorly she sought mental health care. And two other players said Greenbergs emotional abuse ruined their love of the sport.

All four women walked away from the BU womens basketball team this academic year, an exodus that has renewed questions about Greenbergs treatment of her student-athletes and her future at the school. ..."

And with her contract expiring, I have a very hard time seeing her back at Boston U next year.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/08/14 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

And with her contract expiring, I have a very hard time seeing her back at Boston U next year.

I knew she was intense, but dear fuck. If all of this is true, she needs a boot in the ass out the door.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: