RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pitt picks up 6'11 recruit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/07/11 4:49 pm    ::: Pitt picks up 6'11 recruit Reply Reply with quote

Marvadene Anderson, a 6'11" post player at Rutgers prep, has verbaled Pitt.

She's the worlds tallest teenaged girl.

http://boards.rebkell.net/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=2

Last edited by NoDakSt on 11/15/11 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
beknighted

PostPosted: 11/07/11 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those who are interested, there's a connection between Rutgers Prep and Pitt, in that one Coyle sister coaches at Rutgers Prep (which is not affiliated with Rutgers University) and another is an assistant at Pitt.

Reports on the RU board from people who's seen her play indicate that she's very, very raw.

Whalen13

PostPosted: 11/07/11 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy crap! How much more can she grow in 2 years?

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 11/07/11 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've actually seen her play. She's not the dominating presence in the paint that you'd think she'd be yet, or at least last year. I've seen a high school play against Rutgers Prep--and they lost last year against Marvadene Andersen's Rutgers Prep by 3 points after losing the best player in the history of the school to graduation. The post player (Dominique Vitalis, of Gill St. Bernard's--she's going to Georgetown) IMO out played Marvadene --but we'll see how much she has improved since last season. Dominique also got 1st team tabs all-county over Marvadene. I'm not saying that Marvadene isn't good--she's just not necessarily ready yet to take on the best. (Marvadene averaged 11.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game--not the most exciting stat line).

I'll take a look at the schedule, and see if I can get a game in.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/07/11 7:36 pm    ::: Re: Pitt picks up 6'11 recurit Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Marvadene Anderson, a 6'11" post player at Rutgers prep, has verbaled Pitt.

She's the worlds tallest teenaged girl.

Is this the same person we talked about back in January of this year? If so, her nickname is "Bubbles". Cool

Click below:
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=888842

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Marvadene-Bubbles-Anderson/116600108360303

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 11/07/11 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reason she's at pitt is because coyle is there. She went and was hired at pitt was for Anderson's services. Legal...barely...(See Mazatlan, Gus)

and likely she will be WBB's answer to Mitch Mustain LOL

PostPosted: 11/07/11 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
The reason she's at pitt is because coyle is there. She went and was hired at pitt was for Anderson's services. Legal...barely...(See Mazatlan, Gus)

Bingo.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/07/11 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She has a long ways to go...I have seen her play as well. In addition, and I'm very hesitant to say it because I don't want to jinx her, but if I recall she was pretty knock kneed and I remember thinking that she made me nervous just watching her because of the dreaded ACL.

Anyway...

ladydawgs96

PostPosted: 11/08/11 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
The reason she's at pitt is because coyle is there. She went and was hired at pitt was for Anderson's services. Legal...barely...(See: Hill, Brenda)

Went for a wbb reference

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/08/11 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember seeing a tv show about tall people with her on it. At the time, she only played netball but I thought she would definitely come over to the states to play ball. I'm glad she's made it here.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/14/11 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see how she improves this year. She's got work to do, but can clearly become a force in the paint if she wants to work at it. Let's just hope she's doesn't become another Alyssa DeHaan.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/15/11 6:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ladydawgs96 wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
The reason she's at pitt is because coyle is there. She went and was hired at pitt was for Anderson's services. Legal...barely...(See: [b]Hill, Brenda[/b])

Went for a wbb reference

Add in a vacation condo in Florida...

~rAf
toad455

PostPosted: 12/16/13 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she redshirted last season. was wondering if anyone's seem her play. her stats aren't great and I wonder how much potential she has or will she simply turn into an Allyssa DeHaan type of player.

HER STATS:
18.6 mpg
7.8 ppg
4.0 rpg
2.3 bpg
2.7 t.o./pg
30-58 FG(51.7%)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/16/13 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have not seen Pitt play this year, I heard their new coach Suzie McConnell-Serio speak of her. Bubbles redshirted last year, and McConnell-Serio was hired in the off season ( a terrific hire, I think). She said that Bubbles still needed work on her conditioning, and that she was still a liability on defense, but that they were working on brining her along. She's averaging about 18 minutes, 8 pts, shooting 52%, gets 2 or 3 blocks, 4 rebounds. Those stats aren't that bad for less than half a game from a red shirt freshman acknowledged to be a project.

Considering how bad Pitt has been the last 2 years, I think she's an asset, and considering she is in just her first year playing, she has a lot of time to improve.

I'm looking forward to seeing one of their games.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/17/13 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toad, ArtBest asked about her in the Best College Centers thread. This was my response last month:

Quote:
Pitt was at Michigan last night. She was 6 of 10 from the field and had 5 rebounds in 25 minutes of play. Although tall, she's not very mobile. She camped out below the basket on defense, and Michigan took advantage by bringing their centers out on ball screens. Bubbles didn't follow.

I'm sure she'll get better with conditioning, but I wonder how much her body can take. Her knees almost look like they're collapsing inward.

You can see a little bit of #44 in the Michigan highlight video here: http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=421684

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/17/13 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is twice the size of Dehaan, she is a legit wide body...and that's part of her problem.

Going into the season, she needed a lot of conditioning work, and experience, and is getting both.

The jury will be out on Bubbles' ability to be a game changer for quite some time.

PRballer

PostPosted: 12/17/13 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just love that her name is Bubbles. So on that alone, I'm rooting for her.

PRballer

PostPosted: 12/17/13 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just love that her name is Bubbles. So on that alone, I'm rooting for her.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/18/13 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

after watching that video, it's clear how slow she is. Definitely a project, but so much potential.

uconndave

PostPosted: 12/18/13 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of Pitt - Does anyone know what Agnus Berenato is up to these days.
I thought she was a nice classy lady.

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/02/14 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's not playing against Pitt (doesn't appear to be on the bench). They showed a segment of Pitt's practice and she wasn't there either. Is she hurt?

PostPosted: 01/02/14 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
She's not playing against Pitt (doesn't appear to be on the bench). They showed a segment of Pitt's practice and she wasn't there either. Is she hurt?

I checked the box scores and saw she last played 6 minutes on 12/15 vs ODU. In that post-game press conference, Suzie said she went down grabbing her knee and would have an MRI.

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/02/14 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
bullsky wrote:

I checked the box scores and saw she last played 6 minutes on 12/15 vs ODU. In that post-game press conference, Suzie said she went down grabbing her knee and would have an MRI.

Thanks. I was hoping to see her tonight.

PostPosted: 01/05/14 11:32 am    ::: Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson out for season Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cardiachill.com/2014/1/5/5268610/marvadene-bubbles-anderson-injured-injury-pitt-womens-basketball-pittsburgh-panthers

Quote:
In reviewing the game notes put out by the athletics department, Pitt freshman center, 6'11" Bubbles Anderson, was listed as being out with an injury ... for the season.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/15/14 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering why she hasn't been playing lately. There's nothing on Pitt's site about her being out, and I haven't been able to find anything about her injury.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: