RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana State cloing in on new coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/31/10 10:20 pm    ::: Indiana State cloing in on new coach Reply Reply with quote

http://www.indianastatesman.com/sports/candidates-announced-for-women-s-basketball-head-coach-1.1289500

Looks like Teri Boo Moren wants to come home.

Not to let you know how old I really am, but I remember covering her at Seymour High school, back in the day when I shot for pay.

PostPosted: 04/01/10 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://tribstar.com/sports/x1612521177/ISU-women-s-job-would-be-home-for-candidate-Moren

Quote:
Teri Moren is an Indiana State women’s basketball candidate by way of Georgia Tech, where she is currently associate head coach, but her heart has always been in Indiana.

“I’m glad to be home,” were the first words Moren, who was dressed in Sycamore blue, spoke to a crowd of about 70 onlookers at an open public forum for women’s basketball coaching candidates at Hulman Memorial Student Union on Tuesday.

I think this open forum approach is a very weird way to choose a coach. I wonder if some candidates who may not want their current employers to know that they are looking would be put off by this. Plus, if you do throw your name in the hat and you don't get the job, that can't be good for your job prospects.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/01/10 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
http://tribstar.com/sports/x1612521177/ISU-women-s-job-would-be-home-for-candidate-Moren

Quote:
Teri Moren is an Indiana State women’s basketball candidate by way of Georgia Tech, where she is currently associate head coach, but her heart has always been in Indiana.

“I’m glad to be home,” were the first words Moren, who was dressed in Sycamore blue, spoke to a crowd of about 70 onlookers at an open public forum for women’s basketball coaching candidates at Hulman Memorial Student Union on Tuesday.

I think this open forum approach is a very weird way to choose a coach. I wonder if some candidates who may not want their current employers to know that they are looking would be put off by this. Plus, if you do throw your name in the hat and you don't get the job, that can't be good for your job prospects.

Open forums like that are very common in higher education in general, especially for faculty and high level administrators. I've never heard of it happening for a coach, but I think it is very interesting. Also nice that they had 70 people there.

I am curious if they are doing forums for multiple candidates or if it was more an introduction for her.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 04/01/10 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I am curious if they are doing forums for multiple candidates or if it was more an introduction for her.

I think they're holding 4 of them for 4 different candidates.

snzuluz

PostPosted: 04/01/10 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they are holding one for each of the candidates...kathi bennett has had hers and the assistant from illinois state university is the last one to have his...

candidates at this level have already told their employer that they are looking, so no candidate would have to worry about surprising their current school...

interviewing behind the back of the current school might be something done at the high school level but not at this level of division I athletics...

SIU wanted a coach that was willing to run and gun and kathy bennett stated in her open forum at ISU and also at SIU that she is a system coach...that is the major reason she didn't get the SIU job this past year...

she has taken UW-madison to new heights in the defense and SHE and her defense are the MAJOR reason madison did so well this year...she has now tried for her first two years at madison to leave...that should tell you something about the head coach at UW-Madison...and it doesn't sound good...

i think a head coaching position suits her much better than being an assistant...plus when you hire her you get the whole bennett coaching family and their incite to coaching...not a bad deal for ISU or any school that would be willing to hire her...she is a proven winner no matter where she goes!

gopher5

PostPosted: 04/02/10 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moren it is.

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15200&ATCLID=204921097

BallState1984

PostPosted: 04/02/10 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see Boo back home.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: