RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

FINAL FOUR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/30/10 7:12 am    ::: FINAL FOUR Reply Reply with quote

Two in.

Baylor and Stanford.

Four left to play - UConn, FSU, Oklahoma, Kentucky.

If UConn and Oklahoma win, there will be no newcomers to the Final Four this year. If FSU and Kentucky win, I believe both to be new to the Final Four.

If UConn and Oklahoma win, we will have a repeat of three out of the four teams from last year's Final Four. If FSU and Kentucky win, we will have only Stanford returning.

My ideal is still in place - as I'd like to see Charles versus Griner and Oklahoma versus Stanford.

Then - I want to see UConn battle Stanford in the Final. To win the 2010 title, the Champions need to go through UConn.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I,ve been looking at the games and the bracket and maybe I am dense at the moment but I can't figure something out. Who will Baylor play in the 1st game of the Final Four.

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/30/10 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I,ve been looking at the games and the bracket and maybe I am dense at the moment but I can't figure something out. Who will Baylor play in the 1st game of the Final Four.

they get the honor of facing uconn.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/30/10 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

The winner of UConn-Florida State.

PostPosted: 03/30/10 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

The winner of UConn-Florida State.

After seeing by how many points UConn is favored, I'm going to go ahead and put them through to the FF.

Mathies to LA 2013
toad455

PostPosted: 03/30/10 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really feel that Jernigan cost Xavier a spot in the championship game as [IMO] Xavier could have defeated Oklahoma or Kentucky to advance. Now it clearly looks like it'll be UCONN vs. Stanford.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/30/10 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I really feel that Jernigan cost Xavier a spot in the championship game as [IMO] Xavier could have defeated Oklahoma or Kentucky to advance. Now it clearly looks like it'll be UCONN vs. Stanford.

I understand what you are saying but see it differently. One play never wins or loses a game. The game is for 40 minutes. I am sure she feels that way, but I am sure throughout the game there were baskets that should have been made. Baskets just like those, except maybe the last and there was pressure to get her the ball and she felt pressure to get it and I think she felt pressure to shoot it. What lost them the game was the way the last defensive possession was set-up. They should have been able to take the game into overtime. No reason to think Kentucky would not have won, of course, you don't know if it isn't played.

Will have to disagree about X being able to defeat OK or KENTUCKY, I think those games would go down to the wire and all three teams would have been pretty lucky to beat the other. However, you may be completely right and me completely wrong. Yep, like you said IMO. IMO ALSO Smile

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/30/10 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I understand what you are saying but see it differently. One play never wins or loses a game. The game is for 40 minutes. I am sure she feels that way, but I am sure throughout the game there were baskets that should have been made. Baskets just like those, except maybe the last and there was pressure to get her the ball and she felt pressure to get it and I think she felt pressure to shoot it. What lost them the game was the way the last defensive possession was set-up. They should have been able to take the game into overtime. No reason to think Kentucky would not have won, of course, you don't know if it isn't played.

Will have to disagree about X being able to defeat OK or KENTUCKY, I think those games would go down to the wire and all three teams would have been pretty lucky to beat the other. However, you may be completely right and me completely wrong. Yep, like you said IMO. IMO ALSO Smile

Her teammate missed 1 and 1 right before that, allowing Pederson to get that jump shot in the lane to tie it up. Jernigan didn't lose the game, but she did boggle the opportunity to WIN the game.

Tough break for her.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/30/10 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

WRONG.

Special Jennings, an 83% FT shooter, missed the front end of a one-and-one with her team up 2. If she hits both, the game could've been over at that point. Had Ta'shia Phillips not fouled out, she could've helped Xavier down the stretch. Had Amber Harris bothered to play meaningful defense, Kayla Pedersen wouldn't have been able to tie up the game (53-53). Had Xavier's awful guards not taken a bazillion three-pointers when they were making their run, they would've won going away. Had McGuff not called for an extremely idiotic full-court press at the end of the game, Jeannette Pohlen wouldn't have been able to drive all the way down the court for the GW lay-up.

It wasn't all Jernigan. It was the entire team choking away the most important game in school history.

Mathies to LA 2013
psheehy

PostPosted: 03/31/10 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was confident Baylor would beat Tennessee. I thought they learned from the first game of the season against the Vols and that Griner was going to be too much for the youngsters at TN this year.

I was also confident that Duke's veterans would have the experience and confidence to overcome the Griner mismatch. One player does not a team make, but Griner is just able to do so much on top of the fact that she is big and getting pretty strong. Still, I thought 4 seniors and a great freshman in that starting lineup would be able to make the difference.

That said, I am oddly excited to see Baylor against UCONN. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect to see the Huskies notch another blow out. I just didn't expect to get to see this match-up so soon in Griner's college career. I imagine all weaknesses in Baylor's lineup, style and individual players will be identified and exploited fully by CT's sharp coaching staff and intelligent, skilled players. It will be an amazing learning opportunity for Mulkey and Griner. I like their freshmen this year, and there seems to be a lot of hype on incoming frosh PG, Brianna Brown. (Has anyone seen her play? 33.3" vertical at 5'8"). If they ever get some dead-eye shooters on that team....

I want to be more excited for Stanford/Oklahoma, but I just am not. I think I am too disappointed that Nebraska did not make it through to the elite eight.

Hoping I get to see the games on Sunday. I am flying in the early afternoon, but then I have unpacking and the beach/pool & rum based drinks will be calling. It is hard to stay in and watch bball while on a sunny, Caribbean island.

1) Think about "what if?" he had gotten that lottery ball in 2015....
2) Remember to watch some NCAA games
3) Invest in mystical restorative ointments for hips, knees, backs and well everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: