RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Elite Eight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:22 pm    ::: Elite Eight Reply Reply with quote

Three Things:

I would like to see Oklahoma in the Final Four. I think it would be a great testament to the non-Paris players who were there last year. I truly believe that while Courtney was a tremendous player, her presence sort of stunted the overall development of an Oklahoma team that could have been something more than what they were last season.

I would like to see Griner versus Charles. I don't want to wait another three years for that. Even if it comes at the expense of the Blue Devils (though I would really like to see Joy Cheek get to the Final Four).

Finally, I want to see Stanford in the Finals. Point blank - I want to see UConn versus Stanford for the third year in a row.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to see Baylor vs. UConn. I think Baylor and Stanford are the only teams in the nation who can beat Connecticut.

While I'd love to see Baylor beat UConn, I also would love to see Stanford vs. UConn in the Finals. It's hard to beat a team three times.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor vs Duke

Griner gets better the bigger the stage gets. She'll dominate the Debs on the interior and carry the Bears back to the F4.

Xavier vs Stanford

X has lots of size and will push everything into the paint while trying to slow the tempo. None of it will work, of course, and the Card will win going away.

Florida State vs Connecticut

The Hussies will win and it won't be close. Will this be the game that is competitive enough for Gen to remove his jacket during the game? I'm betting not.

Kentucky vs Oklahoma

Good news for you, Sooner fans. I'm still not buying. OK isn't going to outhustle Kentucky, and the Wildcats actually have a low post presence (unlike anyone else Sherri Coale's team has seen recently). I expect a game similar to the one we just saw between UK and Nebraska.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Baylor vs Duke

Griner gets better the bigger the stage gets. She'll dominate the Debs on the interior and carry the Bears back to the F4.

Xavier vs Stanford

X has lots of size and will push everything into the paint while trying to slow the tempo. None of it will work, of course, and the Card will win going away.

The Hussies will win and it won't be close. Will this be the game that is competitive enough for Gen to remove his jacket during the game? I'm betting not.

Kentucky vs Oklahoma

Good news for you, Sooner fans. I'm still not buying. OK isn't going to outhustle Kentucky, and the Wildcats actually have a low post presence (unlike anyone else Sherri Coale's team has seen recently). I expect a game similar to the one we just saw between UK and Nebraska.

Nice Summary... Cool Let's see if the #1s and the #4s make the final four.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Baylor vs Duke

Xavier vs Stanford

Kentucky vs Oklahoma

I agree on all.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree...with the possible exception of Duke-Baylor.

It's not Griner, though, if Duke puts pressure on the ball ala Kentucky vs. Nebraska, I'm wondering how the other Baylor young players will hold up.

If Duke can force turnovers BEFORE it gets to Griner, they can win this game.

myt

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

It's not Griner, though, if Duke puts pressure on the ball ala Kentucky vs. Nebraska, I'm wondering how the other Baylor young players will hold up.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Don't fall for that mess KM is stating. Rolling Eyes She only starts two freshmen and Griner is one of them...

Kelli Griffin, 5’8 junior guard
Shanay Washington, 6’1 freshman guard
Melissa Jones, 5’10 junior guard,
Morghan Medlock, 6’2 senior forward
Brittney Griner, 6’8 freshman center

Not saying that Washington can't be rattled but 3/5 of this team starting are not young.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Don't fall for that mess KM is stating. Rolling Eyes She only starts two freshmen and Griner is one of them...

Not saying that Washington can't be rattled but 3/5 of this team starting are not young.

40% is not significant?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myt

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myt wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

40% is not significant?

Baylor's only loss with Jones and Griner in the lineup came against the Lady Vols. Confused They will not be an easy out....

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First off the bench for BU...Hayden a freshman, Madden a freshman, and Condry a Soph

BlacknGold

PostPosted: 03/29/10 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just want Baylor buried and I want Duke to do it.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kentucky vs Oklahoma

That is good news.

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:

I, on the other hand, want UConn to do it.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justynkarr wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kentucky vs Oklahoma

That is good news.

We haven't had a team with double digit losses in the F4 since 1998.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justynkarr wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kentucky vs Oklahoma

That is good news.

I agree! Pilight, everytime you predict OU to lose, they win. Wink

BlacknGold

PostPosted: 03/29/10 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

braveniler58 wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:

I, on the other hand, want UConn to do it.

Nah, I want KM crying sooner than later. Just like her cohort in hell, McGraw. Baylor is a fucked up school and KM is just fucked up period. Coach M, otoh and imo, is mighty, mighty good stuff.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
Baylor is a fucked up school and KM is just fucked up period

I agree, but should that take away from the talent of their team?

BUfan

PostPosted: 03/29/10 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And have either of you ever been on the Baylor campus, let me guess, NO

BlacknGold

PostPosted: 03/29/10 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not saying the Baylor players aren't talented. Far from it; they're abundantly so. I'm saying I despise KM's attitude and antics and think Baylor is a homophobic bastion of prejudice that I don't need to set foot on to know. I can read and I can listen to stories from others and their experiences with the "biblical" mindset.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would suspect that most BU students, ex students, etc would classify you as the king of assuming, and yes that means....ass-u-me

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/29/10 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BUfan wrote:
I would suspect that most BU students, ex students, etc would classify you as the king of assuming, and yes that means....ass-u-me

With all due respect, has Baylor changed their bylaws to move away from a more conservative form of Christianity? If not, then they're still gonna come in for a lot of fire from folks further left of them.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
BUfan wrote:

With all due respect, has Baylor changed their bylaws to move away from a more conservative form of Christianity? If not, then they're still gonna come in for a lot of fire from folks further left of them.

This was written in September of 2009:

"I've been spending time at Common Grounds while we're here (still here with my Phillies hat writing this blog!), and students have been stopping by to speak with us. There's a sense of defeat about how large the task at hand truly is - the student handbook policies are growing progressively more specific and more strict, not only including condemnation of "homosexual acts" in comparison to "sexual abuse, sexual harassment, sexual assault, incest, adultery, and fornication" but also banning any student groups that the administration disagrees with, and new policies that sound specific to transgender students who are transitioning (referring to students "changing their appearance so as to become unrecognizable"), which is unusual for a Christian university. Students speculate that this most recent amendment may have been written in response to the increasing publicity of one of their former students, Allyson, who now works for the Human Rights Campaign."

http://www.sanctuarycollective.org/blog/post/baylor-university/

PostPosted: 03/29/10 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BUfan wrote:

Are you 5? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/29/10 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't stand Mulkey's antics either, but I'm gonna go with Baylor over Duke. However, there's no way the lady bears can beat UConn even with Griner. I'd love, I mean, loooove for Stanford to go down, but I think it'll be UConn/Stanford in the final again, of course with the same result. UConn's tough defense will once again rattle the Cards.

BUfan

PostPosted: 03/29/10 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
BUfan wrote:

Are you 5? Rolling Eyes

Brilliant, and one I would expect from you. I'm just not anti something I don't really know about and you obviously are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: