RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

is Karma really a bitch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:09 pm    ::: is Karma really a bitch? Reply Reply with quote

ever since pat decided to be a baby regarding maya going to UConn their team has stunk, and they havent won when its mattered. maybe this is due to Karma, maybe its their comparisons to UConn or maybe something else but i have to say i like it.

she knows and has been told that it was bad for the advertisement and growth of the women's game and she didnt have a fark and now karma is biting her in the weird looking ass

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

didn't maya play for them in 08'? refresh my memory, who won the national championship that year? hardly call that stinkin.. Plus none of us know the exact details of what went down, but Geno brought it on himself with that big mouth of his.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol -- yah, being a smart azz who tells the truth sticks in your craw, don't it...

If all big mouths brought false accusations of recruiting bullshit, the NCAA would be a busy bee....

Simply put, Pat had a hissy and put herself above the game, and the game will (PLEASE) move beyond TN/UConn.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That doesn't make any sense, it hasn't even been a full 2 years since they last won a national title. Besides if that never happened and Tennessee/UCONN continued to play every year do honestly think UCONN wouldn't still be defending national champions and on this incredible roll they are on now, the only difference would be a few of the 75 wins would be against Tennessee.

CJE35

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I mainly lurk here but I have to chime in on this subject. I know from a source close to Summitt that she was going to call Geno and say "Hey, It's all water under the bridge, why don't we start the series again?" once the season was over last year. Before she could contact him, he made some snide remark either on TV or to the press that "We don't need to play Tennessee, it's no big deal, there are plenty of other programs out there who we can schedule."..so with that stupid remark (because a lot of us would like to see them restart this series), Pat said "well, if he doesn't want to play us ..then he'll get his wish"..so the call never took place..and you have Geno to thank for that...If only he had kept it to himself, we may well have seen a UConn-Tennessee matchup in 2010 or at latest 2011

gpark33

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CJE35 wrote:
So I mainly lurk here but I have to chime in on this subject. I know from a source close to Summitt that she was going to call Geno and say "Hey, It's all water under the bridge, why don't we start the series again?" once the season was over last year. Before she could contact him, he made some snide remark either on TV or to the press that "We don't need to play Tennessee, it's no big deal, there are plenty of other programs out there who we can schedule."..so with that stupid remark (because a lot of us would like to see them restart this series), Pat said "well, if he doesn't want to play us ..then he'll get his wish"..so the call never took place..and you have Geno to thank for that...If only he had kept it to himself, we may well have seen a UConn-Tennessee matchup in 2010 or at latest 2011

I'm glad they aren't playing anymore. I will forever in my memory have the last regular season meeting etched in my head when Candace Parker dunked in their house. So happy to have been there for that moment. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really, really, really am sick of having UConn-Tennessee shoved down my throat, especially when it CAN'T HAPPEN this season. Can we stick to talking about the teams that are still playing?

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I really, really, really am sick of having UConn-Tennessee shoved down my throat, especially when it CAN'T HAPPEN this season. Can we stick to talking about the teams that are still playing?

I agree!

mandih23

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CJE35 wrote:

So, basically you are saying that Pat was ready to play again until Geno pointed out the obvious, that WCBB will go on and that there are other programs to play? What should he have said? That UCONN needs to play TN and no other programs would do? Thats simply not true and if he had said something like that then people would be talking about how he is an ass that just dissed every other program in the country. You can't honestly believe that Pat was all set to renew the series and those comments made her say forget it then. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

then pat must've really been pissed off when during one of the geno taped halftime segments tennessee was brought up and he said he doesn't think about teams he doesn't play. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

X______________________________

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
CJE35

PostPosted: 03/30/10 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mandih23 wrote:
CJE35 wrote:

So, basically you are saying that Pat was ready to play again until Geno pointed out the obvious, that WCBB will go on and that there are other programs to play? What should he have said? That UCONN needs to play TN and no other programs would do? Thats simply not true and if he had said something like that then people would be talking about how he is an ass that just dissed every other program in the country. You can't honestly believe that Pat was all set to renew the series and those comments made her say forget it then. Rolling Eyes

I'm not saying that she was upset about him saying that they don't need to play TN..I'm saying she WAS going to reach out to him to start the series up. Then she heard this comment and decided better of it. And yes, I believe Pat..I won't go into my reasons why.

mandih23

PostPosted: 03/30/10 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I am trying to figure out is what in his comment would warrant her changing her mind? To me it seems egotistical, like well, since he doesn't want to put my program on a pedastal above everyone else in the country then I won't bother? I'm trying to understand the logic here....

PostPosted: 03/30/10 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mandih23 wrote:
What I am trying to figure out is what in his comment would warrant her changing her mind? To me it seems egotistical, like well, since he doesn't want to put my program on a pedastal above everyone else in the country then I won't bother? I'm trying to understand the logic here....

I didn't hear the comments, or at least I don't remember hearing the comments, but perhaps it was the way he said it like they aren't good enough to play against us anyways.

Or maybe it was brought up without being questioned about it, although I doubt that is that case.

CJE35

PostPosted: 03/30/10 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's not asking that he put her program on a pedastal. I think what you have here is two highly successful coaches who are both stubborn and don't want to give in to be honest. Pat is far from egotistical. She is very humble. Let's be honest..There are Pat haters and Pat lovers and there are Geno haters and Geno lovers..no one really knows all the ins and outs of why this series stopped and when if ever it will restart. Personally I think the series will resume but not in the next couple of years..I think once people stop talking about it..it will become a mute point.

Anyways on to the current elite eight games, Loved the end of the Stanford-Xavier game! Hated for Xavier to lose like they did..poor girl missing two wide open layups..such a shame!

mandih23

PostPosted: 03/30/10 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree.....missed the dang Xavier/Stanford game, had to catch the highlights on sportscenter...I feel horrible for that girl!

PostPosted: 03/30/10 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i wasnt implying i want them to play i understand and dont mind that the series is over however, it seems funny that once candace was gone they havent done shit. its not like they dont have great players and im saying she hurt the game in my and manys opinion and she hasnt had success since.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/30/10 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i wasnt implying i want them to play i understand and dont mind that the series is over however, it seems funny that once candace was gone they havent done shit. its not like they dont have great players and im saying she hurt the game in my and manys opinion and she hasnt had success since.

And from the time Taurasi graduated until UConn got Moore you could have said the same thing about Geno, at least by the standards of UConn and Tennessee, since UConn didn't make a Final Four any of those seasons.

For that matter, I'm pretty interested in how UConn does next year without this year's seniors.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

And from the time Taurasi graduated until UConn got Moore you could have said the same thing about Geno, at least by the standards of UConn and Tennessee, since UConn didn't make a Final Four any of those seasons.

For that matter, I'm pretty interested in how UConn does next year without this year's seniors.

Me too! Shocked

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/30/10 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:

Like beknighted pointed out, UConn went three seasons without a FF appearance once Taurasi graduated (made it in MM's first year) and took four post-Taurasi seasons to win another NC. This is only Tennessee's second post-Parker season. They won their league this season and earned a #1 seed. They had a very good year.

Mathies to LA 2013
coffy73

PostPosted: 03/30/10 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't get this thread topic. I mean every team goes through rough times, especially when they lose big stars. UConn did and now Tenn. is rebuilding and doing pretty good compared to last year. Tenn. lost practically the entire starting lineup just 2 years ago! It hasn't been long enough to talk about "karma"! Similar thing with Rutgers. Some people were saying the game has past Stringer by. Why? cause the program's having a bad year?

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/30/10 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
beknighted wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Me too! Shocked

ok well when DT graduated, im pretty sure UConn didnt lose in the first round any of those years. also i think they made two elite 8s and their earliest exit was one sweet 16.

karma doesnt have any rules about certain amount of time. pat did something bad for the game, which is fine but when she ssaid she didnt care that was bad. karma came her way. my point is all the tennessee players are supposed to be real good. i dont think people thought ashley valley and ashley battle and jessica moore and wilnett crockett are comparible to g. johnson, a. bjorkland, k. cain, williams, etc.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/30/10 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
beknighted wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

Me too! Shocked

ok well when DT graduated, im pretty sure UConn didnt lose in the first round any of those years. also i think they made two elite 8s and their earliest exit was one sweet 16.

karma doesnt have any rules about certain amount of time. pat did something bad for the game, which is fine but when she ssaid she didnt care that was bad. karma came her way. my point is all the tennessee players are supposed to be real good. i dont think people thought ashley valley and ashley battle and jessica moore and wilnett crockett are comparible to g. johnson, a. bjorkland, k. cain, williams, etc.

So if that didn't happen and Tennessee still performed the way they performed what would be the excuse then. The point is they had a bad year, having good players isn't the only thing that matters. Of the players you mentioned for UCONN and the players you mentioned for Tennessee this is also a different in the amount of rings between those players, granted they weren't the leading player or even the best player on the team when the won, that experience of success and knowing what it takes to win does play a significant difference.

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/30/10 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So all those freshmen and sophomores for Tenn were supposed to come in and immediately win a championship? They are great players, but even I, a diehard lady vol fan didn't expect that and didn't expect it this year! They are very talented, but they don't have that hunger and desire that Parker, Anosike, Hornbuckle had. Maybe in the offseason they can find that.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/30/10 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is so freaking ridiculous.

Tennessee is a PG short of a title contender right now. They had a great season.

UConn has two of perhaps the best college players ever on one team.

Stanford has one of the best frontlines in NCAA history.

Just enjoy the damn games.

snlMINAJ, you are the type of UConn fan that makes others hate us. It's not karma or any other bullshit. It's just the way the last two seasons have played out, no more no less.

Give me a damn break already.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: