RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Thank you KARA!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:58 pm    ::: Thank you KARA! Reply Reply with quote

"I think anyone that's a fan of basketball would enjoy this display that Uconn has put on"

Thank you

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:02 pm    ::: Re: Thank you KARA! Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
"I think anyone that's a fan of basketball would enjoy this display that Uconn has put on"

Thank you

I agree, but I'm a UConn fan and am obviously biased.

I think the bottom line is if you want exciting, close basketball games you essentially hate the Huskies, but if you like high-quality basketball, then there is no one better.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They and Stanford are killing the opposition, but at least they look good doing it. I appreciate teams that can pass with the precision that those teams display on a nightly basis.

Smile

Mathies to LA 2013
ASWAD AMANDLA

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any coach who really can coach, has talent and has the appropriate system, will win IF THEY DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH PARENTS!!!

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My adult son, who has enjoyed watching some games with me, was here today and even tho he likes the ucon team he said to me "you know they are going to win, I can't believe you're watching". My response to him was that I like to watch them play because I enjoy the way they play and how cool they play. It is neat to watch a team that plays so well.

GoIndeeeee

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kara is now the Sarah Palin of basketball. Those of us who are bored by UConn's dominance are not "real" basketball fans?

I'm certainly not saying UConn should do anything differently and they are clearly the best team in the country. But I find blowouts to be quite boring. Stanford's blowout of Georgia was much the same.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASWAD AMANDLA wrote:
Any coach who really can coach, has talent and has the appropriate system, will win IF THEY DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH PARENTS!!!

Stop making excuses for the Rat Queen (Frese)! Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
played3on3

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I thought I was a real fan but I guess not, now that Kara has decreed it so Rolling Eyes Sorry I watch the games to see exciting competitive games. If I already know the outcome it's just not any fun and not worth wasting my time.

hooper1

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GoIndeeeee wrote:
Kara is now the Sarah Palin of basketball. Those of us who are bored by UConn's dominance are not "real" basketball fans?

I'm certainly not saying UConn should do anything differently and they are clearly the best team in the country. But I find blowouts to be quite boring. Stanford's blowout of Georgia was much the same.

Totally agree... there's one word for watching UConn this season... BORING!

I'd much rather watch a competitive game anytime.

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm starting to think that Stanford-UConn would be the only National Championship game I'd look forward to (with the exception of maybe Nebraska) - It would be a fantastic finale. A Baylor-UConn Final Four game would also be intriguing. (Forgive me if I don't mention Puke)

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think most people of any sport sit around and watch blowouts unless it's their team doing the blowing... err... well you know what I mean.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

played3on3 wrote:
If I already know the outcome it's just not any fun and not worth wasting my time.

But it's worth wasting your time complaining about it?

GoIndeeeee

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
played3on3 wrote:
If I already know the outcome it's just not any fun and not worth wasting my time.

Complaining about it is more interesting than watching it.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GoIndeeeee wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:
played3on3 wrote:

Complaining about it is more interesting than watching it.

Well if that's the best use of your time........

GoIndeeeee

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps you should be less concerned how I use my time since you are spending yours telling me what to do with mine.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GoIndeeeee wrote:
Perhaps you should be less concerned how I use my time since you are spending yours telling me what to do with mine.

Oh, I told you how to spend yours?? I must have missed that.

GoIndeeeee

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
GoIndeeeee wrote:

Oh, I told you how to spend yours?? I must have missed that.

Oooh ziiinnnngggg!!!

played3on3

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Well yes actually because a. I wasn't complaining simply stating my opinion on a matter that was brought up and about which I do have an opinion, b. I NEVER consider giving an opinion a waste of time c. since it's my time to waste, I'll decide what to waste it on Laughing and d. if you have an opinion on the stated matter why not just share it rather than question why other people are sharing theirs Confused

ASWAD AMANDLA

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
ASWAD AMANDLA wrote:

Stop making excuses for the Rat Queen (Frese)! Laughing

Point well taken! Cool

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

played3on3 wrote:
d. if you have an opinion on the stated matter why not just share it rather than question why other people are sharing theirs Confused

singinerd54 wrote:
I agree (with Kara's statement), but I'm a UConn fan and am obviously biased.

I think the bottom line is if you want exciting, close basketball games you essentially hate the Huskies, but if you like high-quality basketball, then there is no one better.

GoIndeeeee

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd rather watch a close game like the FSU/Miss St game any day. Or even the sloppy but highly entertaining UNC/Gonzaga game.

stats47

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

played3on3 wrote:

X__________________________________

Yes, it is fun to see a team play with precision and excellence, but UConn makes other teams look like middle schoolers on a nightly basis. I'd much rather watch TWO excellent teams play each other, instead of UConn beating a team by 40+. Not to mention, a casual fan flipping through the channels will not care to watch UConn slaughtering one sacrificial lamb after another.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stats47 wrote:
Not to mention, a casual fan flipping through the channels will not care to watch UConn slaughtering one sacrificial lamb after another.

I agree, but I don't think they are gonna stop and watch Miss. St vs. Florida St. either.

played3on3

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
think the bottom line is if you want exciting, close basketball games you essentially hate the Huskies, but if you like high-quality basketball, then there is no one better.

Thank you for the reminder but my opinion remains the same. You make an assumption that, in my case at least, is not true. I do not hate the Huskies. Actually I used to be a very big fan. I just don't believe (opinion coming here) that what is happening with them right now is beneficial to the overall health and growth of the women's game. Yup it's very high quality basketball but so was the game that just ended between Miss St and FSU and IMHO more fun to watch because I didn't know who was going to win! To me that's just more fun which is why I watch in the first place.
Now if you'll excuse me, it's bright and sunny out and I must go and clean up my yard...now there's a real time waster Laughing

stats47

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
stats47 wrote:
Not to mention, a casual fan flipping through the channels will not care to watch UConn slaughtering one sacrificial lamb after another.

I agree, but I don't think they are gonna stop and watch Miss. St vs. Florida St. either.

Why not?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: