RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oklahoma vs Notre Dame
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:45 am    ::: Oklahoma vs Notre Dame Reply Reply with quote

This looks to be a good match-up with the edge going to OU. I say this not as a Sooner fan but by looking at the players on each team. I don't see OU playing as lackadasical as they did in the first two rounds. I think that was a fatigue factor and that had they had to step it up they would have.

Looking forward to a great game.

BlacknGold

PostPosted: 03/28/10 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I'm a Coale fan, but I'd be for ANYONE against ND. GO SOONERS! Looking forward to a great game!

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like both teams to battle to the end, trading bucket for bucket! Very Happy This is one match-up that is win-win for me.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame will beat the Sooners again.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Notre Dame will beat the Sooners again.

Ha! We'll see. I hope to serve you crow tonight.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm afraid that on paper ND looks like a better team, but OU has been playing well of late.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OU

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
I'm afraid that on paper ND looks like a better team, but OU has been playing well of late.

They have? They were 6-4 in their last 10 before the tournament, then less than dominant in two home games against double digit seeded mid-majors.

Notre Dame, with Schrader in the lineup, hasn't lost to anyone other than UConn all season.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Notre Dame!

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am really pumped to see Robinson versus Diggins.

I have a feeling Oklahoma is going to take this one.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
FS02 wrote:

They have? They were 6-4 in their last 10 before the tournament, then less than dominant in two home games against double digit seeded mid-majors.

Notre Dame, with Schrader in the lineup, hasn't lost to anyone other than UConn all season.

Well, OK, *any* match-up seems competitive after UConn-ISU.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

agree with pilight.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am all in favor of Notre Dame getting the arrogance knocked out of them. And then I eagerly await McGraw's latest excuse.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I am all in favor of Notre Dame getting the arrogance knocked out of them. And then I eagerly await McGraw's latest excuse.

Laughing Applause! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does ESPN keep referring to the point guard match up for this game when talking about Diggins and Robinson?

I thought that Lechlitner was ND's pg?

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
FS02 wrote:

Yep, they had a horrible game against Texas A&M, their next to the last game before the conference ended. It happens in conference play when you have seven players playing. Oh, and yes they lost to Uconn and Nebraska, number one seeds. Uconn by l4 and what was that number that everyone else lost to UCONN by. The other game was in the championship of the Big 12 Final against A&M which went down to the wire and Texas A&M was on fire that night. This with with 7 players and and 4 of them playing almost the entire 3 games in three straight days at the Big 12 conference.

They did not have to play better to beat the teams in the first two rounds. Had they, they would have. Again, they did not beat them by more because they are not a deep team and if they did not have to play with intensity, well they needed the rest. OU will be a different team tonight and Tuesday night.

Statistics are an incomplete story of a team.

stats47

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm rooting for Oklahoma tonight. I think Olajuwon will be key tonight, as she's a senior and she should have her way with Notre Dame's inexperienced posts.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
pilight wrote:
FS02 wrote:

Yep, they had a horrible game against Texas A&M, their next to the last game before the conference ended. It happens in conference play when you have seven players playing. Oh, and yes they lost to Uconn and Nebraska, number one seeds. Uconn by l4 and what was that number that everyone else lost to UCONN by. The other game was in the championship of the Big 12 Final against A&M which went down to the wire and Texas A&M was on fire that night. This with with 7 players and and 4 of them playing almost the entire 3 games in three straight days at the Big 12 conference.

They did not have to play better to beat the teams in the first two rounds. Had they, they would have. Again, they did not beat them by more because they are not a deep team and if they did not have to play with intensity, well they needed the rest. OU will be a different team tonight and Tuesday night.

Statistics are an incomplete story of a team.

OK, but Notre Dame has also been playing well, and they're a better team.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stats47 wrote:
I'm rooting for Oklahoma tonight. I think Olajuwon will be key tonight, as she's a senior and she should have her way with Notre Dame's inexperienced posts.

Notre Dame is starting 4 seniors and Diggins. How much more experience can they get?

And their post didn't spend the last three years on the bench behind the Paris twins.

stats47

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
stats47 wrote:

Notre Dame is starting 4 seniors and Diggins. How much more experience can they get?

And their post didn't spend the last three years on the bench behind the Paris twins.

I meant that Oklahoma actually has a post who starts.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They will both be playing with a lot of heart. I know who I want to win, but I don't think either team has a real edge. It has been a great season for both squads.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stats47 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
stats47 wrote:

I"m pretty sure that Williamson is a 6'4" post player.

stats47

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
stats47 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
stats47 wrote:

Williamson averages 4.6 points and 2.7 rebounds per game.
Olajuwon averages 10.5 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.

My point was that Olajuwon was better than any of Notre Dame's posts. Not to mention, I completely forgot about Amanda Thompson.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stats47 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
stats47 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
stats47 wrote:

Williamson averages 4.6 points and 2.7 rebounds per game.
Olajuwon averages 10.5 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.

My point was that Olajuwon was better than any of Notre Dame's posts. Not to mention, I completely forgot about Amanda Thompson.

Well, considering how much ND relies on it's guards for scoring, that isn't surprising.

As for experience, Williamson has been a regular for all four of her years at ND. Olajuwon hasn't. She may score more and get more rebounds, but her experience still doesn't match Williamson.

IMO, it depends on which Schrader shows up for ND tonight.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/28/10 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fun start.

Ny sharp shooting early for the Sooners. Diggins active on defense but needs to finish her shots to make Oklahoma pay.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: