RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who is the worst dressed coach in WCBB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the worst dressed head coach in WCBB?
Nell Fortner, Auburn
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Sylvia Hatchell, UNC
33%
 33%  [ 22 ]
Kim Mulkey, Baylor
50%
 50%  [ 33 ]
Other (like you can actually come up wiith someone worse...lol)
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 66

hooper1

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What was her name... Maura McHugh... she brought pastels and patterns to new levels.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you must mean her Monarchs days she calmed down at stony brook though before she quit there (After chasing rizzo for 3 years).

but if we're GONNA bring up pro coaches...

and of course THE TIES THAT BLIND!!!! (this one isn't horrid but the only one I could find)

Also since I brought up Pitino and Bob Knight, I need to do more work on my St. Johns fandom...cuz here's an all time contender for Mulkey...Sweet Lou and his Sweaters of DOOM (I mean they're so infamous they do an UGLY sweater night with him as judge at St. John's men's games)

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hooper1 wrote:
What was her name... Maura McHugh... she brought pastels and patterns to new levels.

Only because she wore them with white pumps in the winter time Shocked Maura and Polyester pastels go together like peanut butter and jelly!

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was trying to think of a male coach to nominate, but most of them seem to have figured out that dark suits and dress shirts are pretty reliable. Even though I find the shirts with the DePaul logo embroidered on them kind of dopey, I give Doug Bruno a pass because he's a Blue Demon through and through.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
hooper1 wrote:

Only because she wore them with white pumps in the winter time Shocked Maura and Polyester pastels go together like peanut butter and jelly!

I thought Linda Hill-McDonald was the one overly fond of white pumps (which she gave up at Buffalo, thank all the gods).

PostPosted: 03/28/10 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Suzy Merchant of Michigan State. I don't normally notice but her wide collared sweaters make me shudder.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what about Van, is he still wearing those ugly bow ties?

Howee

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
As long as they don't show up naked, I'm good.

There are a few coaches I would make an exception for in that regard.

INDEEEED! (Now I'm wondering about Kev's tastes here...Pat S.? C. Viv? Tara V.? Hmmmmm) Laughing

StevenHW

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
...As long as they don't show up naked, I'm good.

Former Fresno State coach Stacy Johnson-Klein would be better-looking naked than her gaudy clothes.

Plif05

PostPosted: 03/29/10 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think it's rather silly for coaches to wear pumps. It's incredible they don't wind up with sprained ankles. Laughing And yes, some of the coaches look as though they should be on the streets and not the sidelines! They must have a limited clothing allowance. If not, they need to fire their personal shoppers!

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/29/10 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Al Brown

god bless that man, but damn those are some UGLY sweaters
Im looking for a pic, but not many out there Confused

PostPosted: 03/29/10 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

never heard of him but i'm guessing hes the WBB version of Looie (who i posted a pic of earlier.)

As far as that goes don't forget Quentin Hillsman the pimp imp.

and well whachaschedulingquentin

And I pity the fool who has to wear such a bright orange Golf Shirt

Sorry Hillsman's facial expressions are just too much.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, I find it quite ridiculous that basketball fans make fun of people's fashion choices especially considering what I see people wearing at basketball games.

While I cannot defend all of Mulkey's choices, she actually has some great pieces and has proven to be a bit fashion forward as compared to her colleagues. But then again, I don't expect a large portion of the people here to be up on what can actually be considered fashion. The fact that this discussion is taking place is laughable.

This is a basketball board and not a fashion board. When it comes to fashion, asking people on this board, or the vast majority of fans at a game, is like asking a plumber to fix your medical problem.

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/29/10 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Again, I find it quite ridiculous that basketball fans make fun of people's fashion choices especially considering what I see people wearing at basketball games.

While I cannot defend all of Mulkey's choices, she actually has some great pieces and has proven to be a bit fashion forward as compared to her colleagues. But then again, I don't expect a large portion of the people here to be up on what can actually be considered fashion. The fact that this discussion is taking place is laughable.

This is a basketball board and not a fashion board. When it comes to fashion, asking people on this board, or the vast majority of fans at a game, is like asking a plumber to fix your medical problem.

Aww, it's just a bit of fun! Besides, it's hard to ignore some of the things these coaches wear sometimes.

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/29/10 3:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aww, does this mean we can't watch Project Runway if we also watch basketball?

I mean, come on. Calm down.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
never heard of him but i'm guessing hes the WBB version of Looie (who i posted a pic of earlier.)

As far as that goes don't forget Quentin Hillsman the pimp imp.

and well whachaschedulingquentin

And I pity the fool who has to wear such a bright orange Golf Shirt

Sorry Hillsman's facial expressions are just too much.

LOL. He spent more of his time outs on facial expressions yesterday than he did on coaching!

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:

Dude, Chill, it's just a game, and as such a little ribbing is good for the basketball soul (especially if you're a lib fan and such threads are keeping you from going postal)

PostPosted: 03/29/10 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Aww, it's just a bit of fun! Besides, it's hard to ignore some of the things these coaches wear sometimes.

X__________________

I have to add Sherri Coale to the list as well. Tops are too tight and too low. And her hair?!!! What's going on with that? She's a good looking woman; no reason for her to look so bad. Very Happy

scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kathy mcconnell-miller at colorado. she seems to have a fondess for low-cut shiny, metallic tops.

PostPosted: 03/29/10 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
kathy mcconnell-miller at colorado. she seems to have a fondess for low-cut shiny, metallic tops.

Now that she's gone --- she was fired last week --- you won't be bothered by that any more. Rolling Eyes

five_to_the_third

PostPosted: 03/29/10 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm no fashion connoisseur, but I also like Mulkey's outfits -- most of the time. Sometimes she goes too far, but that's what happens when you step off the conservative-dark-suit main drag and take risks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: