RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tenn/Baylor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auntie

PostPosted: 03/27/10 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
gracie wrote:
I dont know why espn would want a tenn-uconn game when uconn would have beaten them badly...at least baylor-uconn will be fun to watch!

UConn will/would've beaten Baylor very badly as well, so I don't see the difference. At least, there would've been some historical thing goin' on.

As much as I hope that Uconn will beat Baylor, the result will depend on which Baylor team shows up. The Charles-Griner match up will be fun to watch.

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hehehehehehehehehehe!

Still savoring 3/22/09

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What, two straight years without reaching the E8? Clearly the game has passed Pat Summitt by...

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
What, two straight years without reaching the E8? Clearly the game has passed Pat Summitt by...

Didn't her team win the conference this year? Where did UNC finish again?

8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1*

Mathies to LA 2013
Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

auntie wrote:
The Charles-Griner match up will be fun to watch.

I'm not too sure about that matchup. I think Baylor should tightly double Charles with players other than Griner, and then Griner defends the whole mid-range area (like she sometimes does), swatting everything Maya Moore puts up, and then have two players concentrating on the perimeter. They'll probably have to try something different to take UConn out of it's game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/10 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the first time in NCAA tournament history that Tennessee has fallen short of the E8 in consecutive seasons.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did I miss something or did Baylor already beat Duke? Why are people just assuming that Baylor will get by them? I think Duke will give them a game.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
The other thing I don't like about this Tenn. team is they'll have a good lead and then get too comfortable and let up! That's when you keep attacking ladies. Next thing you know, the other team has caught up. I have full confidence in Pat to get to those rough spots in the off-season and please Glory Johnson get better with lay-ups!

I don't think this is "the team" but the youth still in the team.

It takes time and focus to learn to play your game not down the the level of the opponent -- I think this is UCONN's greatest strength and one honed (with a lot of work) over the past two years to the point it's just how they play now.

Last year the kids lost games they shouldn't have lost. This year they won the games they should but didn't always close it out with the killer type instinct.

I expect to see that next year the vast majority of the time with auto pilot the year following. First you have to learn what it takes to win and then what it takes to win championships.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fuzzball Records wrote:
Would have prefered UConn beating Tennessee's ass, but any time Tenn losses it's a good day.

Why am I not surprised you take as much or greater pleasure in another team losing over your team winning?

End of the day this is about a bunch of kids laying their hearts on the line and I find it difficult to wish defeat on any team that works hard, plays hard, plays with class, respects the game and respects their opponent.

As much as I want my team(s) to win I rarely take pleasure in seeing a bunch of kids heartbroken with the loss.

Obnoxious and bullying fans - that's another story but I take that up one:one and try really hard not to let it indict an entire program.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As goes Angie B, so goes TN. I will be so happy when she graduates.

Griner was phenomenal. Congrats Baylor. Very well played.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well... as I always say, better to lose in the Sweet 16, than to lose to connecticut Wink

I'll probably be rooting for Baylor the rest of the way. I love the "but they're not supposed to be here this year" stories. Same way as with Maryland the year they won. Even though they don't have a chance to beat uconn anyway.

Although, Mulkey's outfits and melodrama may make me change my mind at any point the rest of the way.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm, what would have happened if Angie Bjorklund would have stayed home in Spokane and attended Gonzaga instead of going across the country to Tennessee? Last year, Gonzaga performed better than TN at the tourney, and this year, they both lost in the Sweet Sixteen. Imagine a Gonzaga team with Bjorklund AND Shives on the perimeter.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: