RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Thoughts & Prayers PLEASE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 03/27/10 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
CompSci87 wrote:
bridgehere wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
My god. Basketball fans who think they know something about fashion. Please. Laughing

I know!!!!! Shocked Smile

Fashion isn't quantum physics. If it looks garish, it is garish.

But that's the thing. Most basketball fans only know quantum physics and basketball. It is sad. Twisted Evil

Oh please, first we have gay men here who I personally know have style and second, some of us are Libras...I have a balance of sports and the arts in me and I'll put my fashion knowledge up against the best of them....except the previously mentioned gay men Wink

PostPosted: 03/28/10 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, anyone who believes that all women who play or watch basketball do not have fashion sense, as judged by what the majority of people to whom clothes and appearance are important, are just ignorant. And, of course, men both gay and straight must be included in this statement as being judged one way or the other because they watch women's basketball. However, it is just as ignorant to say all gay men have fashion sense, whether they watch women's basketball or not. Some do and some don't, as they are a cross-section of society. Just as all men are and all women, both gay, straight and bi. IF someone on here is painting a group of people with a broad brush and saying they are this that or the other, they are stereotyping people, not exactly a good practice.

Personally, I did not take one bit of this entire thread from the first post as serious. Had not Crash posted such a dry, funny piece I doubt that I would have posted at all. From my first response to Fancy Daniel to my response to compsci all was sarcasm. I assumed Fancy Daniel's was also. I was not sure about what compsci was getting at. Had I not been escaping some real life responsibilities, I would not have been posting here Friday, Saturday or today.

And, really, taking time to worry about what someone else is wearing. Wow. I am concerned about people being out of work, my family keeping their jobs, and the children receiving a good public education. Sorry, if anyone was offended by my sarcastic posts but really I wonder if they did not get it or did not want to. And, of course, they could have asked me if they wondered what I meant.

vallee

PostPosted: 03/29/10 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it may be a Baylor thing with the smoke and mirrors. I went by a friend's dorm room and was chatting with a gal who was there. After about fifteen minutes I finally realized that it was my friend's roommate, who I'd met several times around campus, but I'd never seen without her paint. She was engaged to a star on the football team, and I still remember thinking that he was going to be getting quite a scare on the honeymoon, and wondering if divorces could be granted for false advertising.

memphis10

PostPosted: 03/29/10 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been a lil depressed but a Kentucky men's loss miraculously made me feel better. Smile Im a glutton 4 pain (obviously)and going back for more tonite but any who a couple of pics:

Can you hear me now? I just kicked Pat Summit's ass!

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: