RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

An intriguing and entertaining NIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASWAD AMANDLA

PostPosted: 03/24/10 8:08 am    ::: An intriguing and entertaining NIT Reply Reply with quote

Oregon vs. California (offense and confidence vs. offense and lack of confidence);
BYU vs. Wyoming (big-time mid-major headcracker);
Illinois State vs. Kansas (not an upset for the under-acheiving major to get bounced);
Illinois vs. Missouri State (not an upset for the under-acheiving major to get bounced);

Maryland vs. Providence (scrappy major vs. no-defense, high-scoring major);
North Carolina A&T vs. Miami (headcracker mid-major vs. over-rated ACC school);
Northwestern vs. Michigan (two mid-major mentality majors squaring off);
Syracuse vs. VCU (underacheiving major with NCAA Sweet-Sixteen talent vs. over-acheiving scappy mid-major).

PostPosted: 03/24/10 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm excited for the KU-Illinois State matchuo because it's a rematch of last years' NIT semifinal game, except this time it's at Illinois State. A lot of the players are the same for both teams, with obviously a couple notable absences: Kristi Cirone for ISU and Dani McCray for KU. Should be a really good game.

With a few OT games already, this NIT has been, in your words, intriguing. Very Happy

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/10 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Duckettes have been my underdog team of the year. It will be interesting to see if the third time's the charm. Cal beat them twice already this year. I'm really curious what Paul-Ball will be next year without Cocks and Lilley. We will see if he has been able to recruit anyone for his style in his first year. If not, next year will be tough as those two really are the engines for the team. I played at Mac Court a few times and have visited it a few times since. It will be sad to see it disappear.

I've also been rooting for VCU this year. They are indeed a tough scrappy team.

And Wyoming always seems to be tough come WNIT time.

It is a fun tourny semi-hidden behind the NCAAs. I think it's great for them all to get some post-season experience.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 03/24/10 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The best thing about it is that they all have a chance to win since UConn isn't playing in it. ha

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: