RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbjules

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:58 pm    ::: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

I live a little less than 100 miles away from UCLA who is leading Nebraska so ESPN thinks I'd like to see Oklahoma again? Jeez it's beyond irritating.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've got Nebraska-UCLA on ESPNU

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The ESPN2 Choices are interesting.

Wouldn't a close # 1 seed game -- a team that hasn't had a ton of national coverage and garners curiosity -- be a good game to show?

And if they know anything they know UCLA has UT fans by virtue of their coaching staff.

I wonder if they are trying to drive traffic through espn360?

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
The ESPN2 Choices are interesting.

Wouldn't a close # 1 seed game -- a team that hasn't had a ton of national coverage and garners curiosity -- be a good game to show?

And if they know anything they know UCLA has UT fans by virtue of their coaching staff.

I wonder if they are trying to drive traffic through espn360?

I think you're right. So much for my extended basic cable. But I would think everyone except the locals in OK would rather see UCLA-Nebraska.

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

someone at espn must really like oklahoma, putting them in the featured matchup for both first weekend games.

but espn360 is great. i can keep going back to watch ucla playing with 6 players Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:16 pm    ::: Re: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
I live a little less than 100 miles away from UCLA who is leading Nebraska so ESPN thinks I'd like to see Oklahoma again? Jeez it's beyond irritating.

I feel for you. I really want to see UWGB and I'm only about 100 miles from Green Bay but I have the Oklahoma game on ESPN2 - ugh!!!

And to make it worse they protected the whole state of Wisconsin for the Wisconsin-Vermont game. I didn't mind watching Wisconsin but I actually have more interest in seeing UWGB.

gpark33

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems like they put a particular game on ESPNU and whichever of the other 3 games is closest gets ESPN2. At least that's how it seemed in the early games.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is a bore. May have to switch to Biggest Loser on my DVR!

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma also seems to feature especially prominently in all the commercials. Probably so ESPN can hype up the Olajuwon and Roethlisberger connections. Rolling Eyes

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every other game is closer than this Oklahoma game - I sure hope ESPN whips me in the 2nd half. Of course they'll probably whip me to the Nebraska-UCLA game that I already have on ESPNU - ugh! I wish I could use ESPN360 so I could at least watch the other games online.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah WTF, I think Little Rock has little game tonight. If Robinson would stop traveling this would be over.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Oklahoma also seems to feature especially prominently in all the commercials. Probably so ESPN can hype up the Olajuwon and Roethlisberger connections. Rolling Eyes

It wouldn't be ESPN's coverage of the women's tournament if they didn't take some lame, oft-repeated story line and beat us over the head with it 20 times every game. Rolling Eyes

played3on3

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luckily I have Full Court so I've been able to watch the games I want because for some reason they think I want to watch Okla even though I'm in Wi and have a team playing. Plus they keep saying to switch to the SD channel to see your game of interest but every time it has been the same game they are showing on the HD channel. Now you know why I get Full Court Laughing

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah - I have the UWGB game now - I hope they stick with it for awhile.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:48 pm    ::: Re: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:

Maybe someone has said this, but if you have high def and go to the corresponding espn2 high def channel, it is my understanding that you will see wrap-around coverage of all four games

then there is espn360, but you know that

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i do wish espn360 would let me watch uwgb-isu AND ucla-nebraska at the same time.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:55 pm    ::: Re: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
sbjules wrote:

I feel for you. I really want to see UWGB and I'm only about 100 miles from Green Bay but I have the Oklahoma game on ESPN2 - ugh!!!

And to make it worse they protected the whole state of Wisconsin for the Wisconsin-Vermont game. I didn't mind watching Wisconsin but I actually have more interest in seeing UWGB.

that game is showing on espn2 high def right now or has been for several minutes

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bricklayer wrote:
i do wish espn360 would let me watch uwgb-isu AND ucla-nebraska at the same time.

okay, just so people won't miss this......espn2 in high def is show iowa state game and has been for several minutes.....i thought it was going to show some of all the games......

TigerVol

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:59 pm    ::: Re: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

bridgehere wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
sbjules wrote:

that game is showing on espn2 high def right now or has been for several minutes

It is showing on both 2 reg and 2 high def for me. They keep teasing about "local" interest vs. National interest and it's always the same -- wonder if my house is sneaking around the country without my knowledge?

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:05 pm    ::: Re: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
bridgehere wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
sbjules wrote:

It is showing on both 2 reg and 2 high def for me. They keep teasing about "local" interest vs. National interest and it's always the same -- wonder if my house is sneaking around the country without my knowledge?

i haven't seen the coverage maps for the second round, but i know when i looked at them for the first round, there coverage areas for the "local interest" games were pretty small. for some of the bigger schools it was statewide (ex. fresno-baylor showed in all of texas), but for the smaller schools the local coverage area was quite small around the city of the school (ex. fresno-baylor was just a small brown spot in the middle of california).

i don't remember how big the first-round coverage area for ucla was, but they've been hurt in the second round by espn putting the ucla-nebraska game on the U.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:26 pm    ::: Re: Why does ESPN think I'm interested in Oklahoma???????? Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
bridgehere wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
sbjules wrote:

really, all 4 channels the same game? is it ok or green bay? of course, if ok, I understand. Twisted Evil (admit ou=ualr not a great game....however Greenbay and Iowa is down to the wire

scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

come on, aztecs!!! hang on, ladies.

PostPosted: 03/24/10 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OMG! You guys sound like ME...all the previous 20 years I have had to watch UConn and TN all those games. Laughing

Just like 3 on 3 said, this is EXACTLY why I get ESPN FullCourt. It lasts through the entire season AND the first two rounds of the tournament. No whip around coverage for me.

Which is good because my internet service does not offer the ESPN360 coverage. Mad

Here's a question, if you open up multiple browsers, could you not have ESPN360 on each browser and watch multiple games??

PostPosted: 03/24/10 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

giraffespots wrote:

Here's a question, if you open up multiple browsers, could you not have ESPN360 on each browser and watch multiple games??

that's an interesting question, i didn't try it (generally i try to avoid using ie). i generally found that i could catch most of at least a couple games just going back and forth between timeouts, so it wasn't too bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: