RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Xavier vs Vanderbilt
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bricklayer wrote:
omg i feel sick. vandy outplayed xavier for that whole game. ugh. i hope gonzaga blows out this overrated xavier team by 20.

I know Xavier has been barely winning lately, but they've still been winning... Let's give them a little credit for not panicking here, geez. This is 20 wins in a row... And I don't think a 3 seed is overrated for a team with an RPI of 12. If you're talking about their poll ranking, that is irrelevant in the NCAA tournament. Rolling Eyes

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
i know rhoads was in mid-air and just trying to get the ball in, but i really wish the women would use the glass more.

i know, what is this, netball?!

okay, i'm a little calmer now. the seniors played big -- mooney and lueders so much hustle especially on defense, trying to keep those big xavier girls in check. marsh's acting skills aside, she really should've made a couple more shots, but can't fault her she played 40 tough minutes.

and at least i get to watch jence rhoads and hannah tuomi for another year.

bridgehere

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All right Xavier. Good job.

bricklayer

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
bricklayer wrote:
omg i feel sick. vandy outplayed xavier for that whole game. ugh. i hope gonzaga blows out this overrated xavier team by 20.

I know Xavier has been barely winning lately, but they've still been winning... Let's give them a little credit for not panicking here, geez. This is 20 wins in a row... And I don't think a 3 seed is overrated for a team with an RPI of 12. If you're talking about their poll ranking, that is irrelevant in the NCAA tournament. Rolling Eyes

sorry. i was thinking bout the number of announcers i've heard this weekend talking bout xavier competing with uconn, wrapped up in my moment of bitter disappointment at vandy's loss. i don't really have anything against xavier. cept they just beat vandy and i like vandy.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, Vandy would've been really good this year if their bigs hadn't got injured. Sad

I wish they'd shown more of this on my TV.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
bricklayer wrote:

again the zags will be outsized, but that hasn't stopped them so far. go, zags!!!

zags could learn a lot from watching how teeny tiny vandy played xavier! so long as rutan (sp? i kept thinking wutan clan whenever they called her name) don't heat up sooner.

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Damn, Vandy would've been really good this year if their bigs hadn't got injured. Sad

you can catch a replay anytime on ESPN360

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:

i heard that melanie has a 6'4" center coming in next year, that should help.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
FS02 wrote:

I think that's the young lady that was in the middle of the mess at Duke (offered a scholarship, but then later told she'd never play).

Us Xavier fans love love love Mel. We were nothing before she got there. We hate to see anyone lose the way the game ended tonight, but especially a team coached by Melanie.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CRASH wrote:
FS02 wrote:

you can catch a replay anytime on ESPN360

Not for those of us like me who has an ISP that doesn't have an agreement with ESPN for it - I have Time Warner.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
FS02 wrote:

I think that's the young lady that was in the middle of the mess at Duke (offered a scholarship, but then later told she'd never play).

Us Xavier fans love love love Mel. We were nothing before she got there. We hate to see anyone lose the way the game ended tonight, but especially a team coached by Melanie.

Well, good luck to Xavier the rest of the way. I was rooting for them in this. Most ND fans have a soft spot for Xavier W. BBall now since you have one of our top former assistant coaches as your head coach. I remember back when the Xavier job opened up, on the ND message boards everyone was saying "Good bye, Kevin! Good luck!" We knew he was gone to that job, since it was from his hometown, he wanted to leave for a head coaching job, and it was a strong enough program that he could do very well there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: