RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phahalis article in Pittsburgh paper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/23/10 7:11 am    ::: Phahalis article in Pittsburgh paper Reply Reply with quote

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_672709.html

It's from Sunday's paper from very interesting.

bacabuck

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this............as a buckeye, I enjoy reading about Sammy almost as much as I enjoy watching her play. We only have two more years of her as a player but I think we will still be talking about her for many years.......just as we still talk about Katie Smith.

I believe her desire to win and her intensity to play her sport are just as strong as Evan Turner's on the men's side and Terrelle Pryor's in football. Indeed, we are very lucky to have many quality players on all of our teams.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She also, again, needs to grow up, which no one cheering for her seems to be able to point out. She acts like a spoiled child on the court at the first sign of adversity. God forbid she makes it to the WNBA and is on a losing team.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 03/24/10 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get the Big 10 network so I've seen a lot of OSU these past couple years....I've liked watching Prahalis....however, now my appreciation of her game has been overshadowed by her petulance and poor sportsmanship. It's too bad, because she was FUN to watch, now I wait in anticipation for her next hissy fit. She needs to let her basketball skills and playmaking speak for her.....

Intensity is a good thing, but being sulky and surly is not.

The women's game can use fun personalities....that's a good thing. But Prahalis needs to grow up and direct her passions in a more productive way....

It's an intense game, so passions can rise--I understand that and that is not a bad thing. With Sammy P it's become as frequent as her no-look passes and that's not a good thing.....

Overall I appreciate good athletes who are also good sports. There are plenty of them deserving of our accolades. I really can't believe Prahalis is a Wade finalist. Not to be a homer, but I'd take a player like AGL any day as a finalist.....on class and sportsmanship and skill. Prahalis? Not so much....

Sad

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/24/10 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
She also, again, needs to grow up, which no one cheering for her seems to be able to point out. She acts like a spoiled child on the court at the first sign of adversity. God forbid she makes it to the WNBA and is on a losing team.

I've missed OSU fans defending her actions. I've started every post by saying she should have been "T'd" in Indy. It's in the hands of the coaches now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: