RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor vs Georgetown
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bretter

PostPosted: 03/22/10 9:30 pm    ::: Baylor vs Georgetown Reply Reply with quote

ALL Baylor in this one, even with Griner in foul trouble - 18-2. The Hoyas are 1-17 (at last count) from the floor.

Shenay Washington for Baylor just fell HARD on her back, she was riving in pain. Up now though, they're treating it on the court and not in the locker room.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/22/10 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is on ESPNU. Hoyas just reached double digits with ~4:30 left in the half.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor wins 49-33

PostPosted: 03/22/10 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's not tell anyone this game happened, okay? We'll just say that Georgetown got lost on their way to the arena- maybe they got diverted by a protest or eaten by a grue or caught by a gazebo or something- and Baylor won by forfeit. I think that would be more acceptable than that shit that was on the U.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoyed what I watched. I guess Queenie didn't. hehe.

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/22/10 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

REFUND EVERYONE IN ATTENDENCE.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittney Griner's 14 blocks on Monday shattered the NCAA Tournament single-game record previously held by UNLV's Pauline Jordan (11 vs. Colorado, Mar. 18, 1989).

Most Blocks, Game
16 -- Sandora Irvin, TCU vs. UAB (Jan. 16, 2005)
15 -- Amy Lundquist, Loyola Marymount vs. Western Ill. (Dec. 20, 1992)
15 -- Louella Tomlinson, St. Mary's vs. Boise St. (Dec. 12, 2009)
14 -- Alyssa Shriver, Tulsa vs. Louisiana Tech (Jan. 24, 2002)
14 -- Brittney Griner, Baylor vs. Georgetown (Mar. 22, 2010)
13 -- Stefanie Kasperski, Oregon vs. Western Ky. (Dec. 29, 1987)
13 -- Suzanne Johnson, Monmouth vs. Delaware (Dec. 13, 1990)
13 -- Shannon Spriggs, Texas-Arlington vs. La.-Monroe (Jan. 7, 1995)
13 -- Shelly Johnson, Morehead St. vs. Samford (Jan. 20, 2005)
13 -- Marita Payne, Auburn vs. Arkansas (Feb. 3, 2005)
13 -- Ashley Sparkman, Northwestern St. vs. McNeese St. (Mar. 4, 2005)
13 -- Kaetlyn Murdoch, Denver vs. Arkansas St. (Jan. 7, 2009)

ScottS

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 14 blocks alone was worth the ticket price. And she sat for 13 minutes in the 1st half.

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't tell me Georgetown came into this game scared stiff of Griner cause they certainly seemed that way the whole time. They should be embarrassed bigtime!

Bretter

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
Don't tell me Georgetown came into this game scared stiff of Griner cause they certainly seemed that way the whole time. They should be embarrassed bigtime!

Even when Griner wasn't in the game, they still played awful. Baylor should have won this game by way more than 16.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/23/10 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the game, 1st row center. Cool

Georgetown just isn't a good shooting team, pure and simple. I could easily tell this before their first game vs Marist. When GU was warming up during shootaround, they were missing virtually all their shots! And they weren't good misses either.. 12-foot jumpers by guards were airballing. Chip shots and layups were being missed.

Marist dominated the 1st half and Georgetown only scored via turnovers, breakaways, and luck. Unfortunately, in the 2nd half, Marist's shots that were falling in the 1st half kept missing in the 2nd half.

In general, Georgetown compensated for their poor shooting by pressing full court the whole game. Marist kept getting the ball to the 3-pt line with only ~14secs left on the shot clock. However, GU didn't press that much in their game vs Baylor. If they did, it wouldn't have mattered much, because Baylor is just a better team, even without Griner. And, in fact, Baylor didn't have Griner for nearly the whole 1st half, and Griner barely scored.

14 blocks shouldn't be surprising considering that, as I said, Georgetown can't shoot. Hence, Georgetown kept trying to get the easier chip shots and layups, and Griner was standing in the way of all those. Idea

P.S. Brittany Griner did a one-handed dunk during 2nd half warmups. Did it like it was nothing. Very nice. Cool

CRASH

PostPosted: 03/23/10 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was gonna watch a re-play of the game, but maybe not.

Quote:
Queenie:

....caught by a gazebo...

LMAO

Is that like having "glacieral speed"? Wink

Damn, glad I missed this one.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And this was one of the games I was looking forward to. Yikes.

ScottS

PostPosted: 03/23/10 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I don't follow Georgetown. How can they not shoot, but go 13-3 in the Big East?

Last edited by ScottS on 03/23/10 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/23/10 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you mean that wasn't the half-time score?!!! Shocked

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/23/10 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ScottS wrote:
Ok, I don't follow Georgetown. How can they not shoot, but go 13-3 in the Big East?

They can shoot, but they are very much a slashing, take it to the basket team. I figured Griner was going to take them out of their game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ScottS wrote:
I enjoyed what I watched. I guess Queenie didn't. hehe.

As a fan of basketball and a BEastie girl, no I did not fucking enjoy watching a team that shot 5% at one point in the first half. And with all due respect, I can't imagine that the 49 points your team put up were aesthetically pleasing.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor is going to have to play a whole lot better to stay with, let alone beat, Tennessee.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/23/10 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An ugly, awful game ... though sitting on press row behind the Baylor bench I got my first long look at Kim Mulkey close up. She screams at everyone, her players, the refs, her assistants.

My favorite is when she yells at her assistants when the players screw up. Um, I don't think that old white guy just threw the ball away for no apparent reason.

Still, she's quite a show ... and since the game was so awful, I was glad for something to distract me.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
Baylor is going to have to play a whole lot better to stay with, let alone beat, Tennessee.

This Baylor team won't stay beat Tennesse and I doubt that they stay with them. However, wait till next year. I think they are going to be really good.

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/23/10 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
An ugly, awful game ... though sitting on press row behind the Baylor bench I got my first long look at Kim Mulkey close up. She screams at everyone, her players, the refs, her assistants.

My favorite is when she yells at her assistants when the players screw up. Um, I don't think that old white guy just threw the ball away for no apparent reason.

Still, she's quite a show ... and since the game was so awful, I was glad for something to distract me.

Mulkey always acts a fool on the sideline. I didn't see any of the game, but was she wearing more palatable clothes this time, lol? She really has an interesting wardrobe.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/23/10 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Gtown women managed to look as bad as the Gtown men did against Ohio. If you're losing to a B12 team in March, you know your team is doing poorly.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Gtown women managed to look as bad as the Gtown men did against Ohio. If you're losing to a B12 team in March, you know your team is doing poorly.

Razz

giraffespots

PostPosted: 03/23/10 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

AHHH! You've discovered the Big 12 fan's guilty pleasure. We just LOVE to watch Baylor games to watch Kim on the sideline and see what she is wearing. Try catching her when she RIPS her jacket off in her spike heels. That's a fun one. Try not to catch her when she is screaming at someone in a squat position. YIKES!

PostPosted: 03/23/10 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Mulkey always acts a fool on the sideline. I didn't see any of the game, but was she wearing more palatable clothes this time, lol? She really has an interesting wardrobe.

If Baylor fails to get calls in the next game, it'll be because the referees have banded together to punish her for murdering one of their brethren and turning him or her into that gods-awful metallic zebra-print blouse.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: