RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gonzaga vs. Texas A&M
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeshajo

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bretter wrote:
And now my bracket is o-fficially busted.

Congrats to the Zags! Hell of a game.

That was a FUN game to watch...

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
The Zags got it done. Congrats!

Did anyone think Gonzaga should have been called for a foul at some point there?

I was wondering but I didn't see a replay, so I don't know. Gonzaga played really well.

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats, Gonzaga!

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FRIE-SON! FRIE-SON FRIE-SON!!! Surprised

I feel bad for A&M though, what a snake pit they got thrown into as a 2 seed.

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bretter wrote:
And now my bracket is o-fficially busted.

Congrats to the Zags! Hell of a game.

Ditto

rasssm frasssmmmm frizzzmmm

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good job by Gonzaga at getting it done at the end! Vivian Frieson played a great game.

Congrats to the Zags on their first Sweet 16!

stats47

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry for my belated post, I spent the last ten minutes running around the house screaming my head off.

I was disappointed in Sloot, but Vivian is LEGIT.

So happy for the Lady Zags, but that game was too close. Sweet Sixteen baby!

PostPosted: 03/22/10 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great job, Gonzaga.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just got home from the game. no one wanted to leave the arena. it was a madhouse, people screaming, hugging, high fiving. the girls just beside themselves with joy. otoh, the aggies were crushed. in fact, adams didn't even walk down the hand slap line. she stayed off to herself, bent over, visibly upset at missing that last shot. frieson and vandersloot went over and patted her on the back.

vivian frieson was el fuego these last two games. she is the senior glue that holds this team together with her calm demeanor, court presence and play at both ends of the court.

YOWZAH!!!! i'm so glad to have seen that in person. i don't know about anyone else, but i would venture to say that the two zags games have been the best games of the tourney so far. but then, i may be a wee bit biased. Wink

way to zags! now on to the sweet 16. YOWZAH!!!!

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
A&M very fortunate that these refs can't count to three. Adams doesn't move from the paint at all.
Dear Gawd, yes! I don't know how many times (on replay, no less) I counted that girl in the paint for 5+ seconds on offense. Some generally sucko reffing, but there's been worse, I spose

I like Gary Blair. I like A & M...I picked 'em, even. But I was really glad to the Zags win this one. Odd that Heather B. didn't contribute all that much this time. And as good as Vanderslootertooter is, I can't believe how many times she picked up her dribble needlessly in this game...WAAY too many turnovers. She's a remarkably talented player, otherwise.

And who woulda had Friesen on their Draft radar? Shocked

FS02

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
A&M very fortunate that these refs can't count to three. Adams doesn't move from the paint at all.
Dear Gawd, yes! I don't know how many times (on replay, no less) I counted that girl in the paint for 5+ seconds on offense. Some generally sucko reffing, but there's been worse, I spose

I like Gary Blair. I like A & M...I picked 'em, even. But I was really glad to the Zags win this one. Odd that Heather B. didn't contribute all that much this time. And as good as Vanderslootertooter is, I can't believe how many times she picked up her dribble needlessly in this game...WAAY too many turnovers. She's a remarkably talented player, otherwise.

I don't know if Frieson is on any radar. Maybe she should be, but people always mention Bowman when they talk Gonzaga ... Confused

PostPosted: 03/23/10 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

speaking of scouts, the storm's jennyboo has been in the house for both games. i'm just sayin'......... Wink

PostPosted: 03/23/10 5:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Zags!

They beat the best of the Big 12 (the conference tournament winner).

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/23/10 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mekanos wrote:
Congrats to the Zags!

Nebraska is clearly the best of the B12.

njjosh

PostPosted: 03/23/10 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Vandersloot has been quite disappointing in Gonzaga's first two games. The 15 assists against NC are good, but her turnovers and shooting in these two games were hideous. And she nearly cost them the game last night by missing the front end of a 1&1 up 3 with 1:30 left, then fouling out seconds later.

goldy

PostPosted: 03/23/10 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Front page on ESPN! Congrats Zags!

marty

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A very entertaining game...especially the second half. V. Frierson was great from start to finish. Vandersloot seemed to be trying to do too much, maybe? She just seemed out of sync for most of the game.

Good luck Zags.

gracie

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FINALLY! A competitive game between two very good teams...I have been watching the mens games because most of the womens have either been blowouts or boring but now, even though I am a Huskies fan I cant wait to see if the Zags can win their next game. They are really fun to watch..too bad it was on so late that most people probably missed it.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/23/10 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gracie wrote:
FINALLY! A competitive game between two very good teams...I have been watching the mens games because most of the womens have either been blowouts or boring but now, even though I am a Huskies fan I cant wait to see if the Zags can win their next game. They are really fun to watch..too bad it was on so late that most people probably missed it.

it was only late on the east coast. Wink

PostPosted: 03/23/10 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Best game of the tournament to this point. Great game of intensity and fight from both teams. The zags are no longer under the radar.

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 03/23/10 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mekanos wrote:
Congrats to the Zags!

Nebraska loses one game to them and they are no longer the best of the Big 12, I mean really. I'm with you. I guess since Gonzaga beat A&M they could be the best of the Big 12 if they played in that conference. Rolling Eyes

hooper1

PostPosted: 03/23/10 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
mekanos wrote:
Congrats to the Zags!

Nebraska loses one game to them and they are no longer the best of the Big 12, I mean really. I'm with you. I guess since Gonzaga beat A&M they could be the best of the Big 12 if they played in that conference. Rolling Eyes

Yes, it's completely possible. Gonzaga is a strong, quick team with a lot of offensive weapons. They have decent rebounding and they play with passion and heart.

mekanos

PostPosted: 03/23/10 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

In the one and done tournament format, A&M beat Nebraska -- that's what is clear.

Just like what the Zags just did to A&M. So big kudos to them for the accomplishment.

FS02

PostPosted: 03/23/10 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mekanos wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

In the one and done tournament format, A&M beat Nebraska -- that's what is clear.

Just like what the Zags just did to A&M. So big kudos to them for the accomplishment.

I believe Connie Yori when she says her team is not built to win the Big-12 tourney (and she said that beforehand). Nebraska went there with the goal of winning one game. They were still putting forth a good effort vs. A&M, but if you're not all-in it makes a difference.

But honestly I still thought A&M would beat Gonzaga because they have the people to totally take Vandersloot out of her game.

PostPosted: 03/23/10 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
mekanos wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I believe Connie Yori when she says her team is not built to win the Big-12 tourney (and she said that beforehand). Nebraska went there with the goal of winning one game. They were still putting forth a good effort vs. A&M, but if you're not all-in it makes a difference.

But honestly I still thought A&M would beat Gonzaga because they have the people to totally take Vandersloot out of her game.

How can you not be built to win your conference tournament? Is she referring to having to win three games in three days?

If so, that doesn't speak very highly of her depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: