RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Looking forward to second round?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:21 am    ::: Looking forward to second round? Reply Reply with quote

Now that the first rounds are out of the way and the proportion of competitive, entertaining games should be higher, what games are you most looking forward to?

For me:

Baylor and Georgetown - To watch what might be the top two freshmen in the tournament.

SDSU and West Virginia - I haven't bought WVU as all that good all season, and I am curious to see if SDSU can play that well again.

Gonzaga and A&M - I hadn't seen the Zags before Saturday, and they were a lot of fun to see. The match-up with A&M matches two teams with strength in the backcourt and big-time offense with big-time defense. Should be fun.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's and Florida State, of course. O-Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/22/10 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
St. John's and Florida State, of course. O-Very Happy

Nah. That will just be an uninteresting St. John's blow-out victory Wink

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/22/10 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vanderbilt at Xavier.

Xavier became relevant in the late '90s and especially in 2001, when they knocked off No. 1 seed Tennessee in the Sweet 16 under coach Melanie Balcomb... Who is now at Vanderbilt.

Xavier has not played well lately and was pushed to the limit by East Tennessee State. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

I'm also particularly interested because Balcomb's Xavier teams are the sole reason I became interested in watching women's basketball. They'd shoot 55 percent from the field, 45 percent from three, and they won a hell of a lot of games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: