RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Southern vs UCONN and JMU vs Temple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suemar

PostPosted: 03/21/10 6:17 pm    ::: Southern vs UCONN and JMU vs Temple Reply Reply with quote

Southern is a team I just had to cheer for. Even knowing they didnt have a remote chance, they played really hard. Very undersized but sometimes it almost appeared that, by being pest, they were getting to UCONN. At the half people were cheering as they were almost at least half way to what UCONN had. At the end of the game people stood and gave them a round of applause. What struck me the most was the case of the the "haves" and "have nots" money wise. UCONN with the matching shoes, etc (who pays for college shoes?) and nicer uniforms. Southern, well, even the sports bras showed.

Before the game the Southern band stood outside the areana and played for the waiting fans. Really fun. There band rocks.

Temple and JMU lacked offense and a bit boring during first half. Temple flat outran a much larger JMU. I missed Dawn Staley coaching the Owls.
The new coach seemed to be almost interfering with flow at times as players watched her more than concerntating on playing.

Temple vs UCONN on Tuesday. I hope the Owls have fun tonight at least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: