RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Danielle Wilson Transfers To st. John's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trax10usa

PostPosted: 03/17/10 2:19 pm    ::: Danielle Wilson Transfers To st. John's Reply Reply with quote

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/college-hoops-scoops-1.1620561/danielle-wilson-lands-at-st-john-s-1.1808166

she has to sit out next year....

PRballer

PostPosted: 03/17/10 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's weird. She hasn't played since February 2009, but I guess it makes sense. Good for her to comeback from knee injury and pregnancy, and hopefully she'll help St. John's in the middle.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/17/10 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yesssssssssssssssssssssss
and she will have two years of eligibilty? or just one? or three semesters? or something else haha

this is gooood i like it

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/17/10 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought she announced this last semester making her eligible at the start of conference play...wish this would be clarified, we knew this from close to the beginning of the year.

PostPosted: 03/17/10 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
yesssssssssssssssssssssss
and she will have two years of eligibilty? or just one? or three semesters? or something else haha

this is gooood i like it

I think she finished her junior season at Baylor so I believe she will only have 1 year left eligility-wise.

She's a good player. I'm glad to hear she'll be back on the hardwood.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/17/10 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
That's weird. She hasn't played since February 2009, but I guess it makes sense. Good for her to comeback from knee injury and pregnancy, and hopefully she'll help St. John's in the middle.

So...just wondering...is getting pregnant "out of wedlock" against the Baylor rules? Along with being gay (which I know is against their rules)??

Thanks for anyone who knows all the "moral code" rules at Baylor.

Personally, I think being a bigot should be against EVERYONE'S moral code.

~rAf
NationalInsider

PostPosted: 03/17/10 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree....gotta leave for some reasons but going mike tyson on someone isnt one of those .... unless you play football at Oregon

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/10 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe she just decided a change was in order along with all the other changes in her life. Plus the fact that Griner came along. She wants to show her stuff so she can be drafted into the W and it would be harder to do that playing alongside Griner?

rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/17/10 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Along with being gay (which I know is against their rules)??

Why do you say this? Is there a news story that I need to know about?
A certain high profile Baylor player is a lesbian, according to her myspace...

Howee

PostPosted: 03/17/10 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I'd be surprised if SEVERAL of Baylor's girls weren't lesbian...I can't imagine Mulkey making that "against rules", but who knows? I thought that was over with the Rene Portland booting.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/18/10 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rustedsyringe wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

It's a BAYLOR rule, not Coach Mulkey's rule. Baylor has a student handbook that explicitly states that gay "behavior" is not allowed at the school and is cause for dismissal from the school. I asked my question about single pregnant students because I honestly don't know if that is also explicitly stated in the student handbook as being against school policy.

~rAf
rustedsyringe

PostPosted: 03/18/10 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
It's a BAYLOR rule, not Coach Mulkey's rule. Baylor has a student handbook that explicitly states that gay "behavior" is not allowed at the school and is cause for dismissal from the school.

What a shame! I actually forgot that BU is a Baptist university, so I guess that makes sense (even though it doesn't).

newkid

PostPosted: 03/18/10 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
It's a BAYLOR rule, not Coach Mulkey's rule. Baylor has a student handbook that explicitly states that gay "behavior" is not allowed at the school and is cause for dismissal from the school. I asked my question about single pregnant students because I honestly don't know if that is also explicitly stated in the student handbook as being against school policy.

As regards the school policy, I've not heard of the "gay" rule being enforced (dismissal) outside of the School of Theology. Not that that makes the rule okay. I don't know about any possible "pregnant out of wedlock" policy.

As regards the basketball team, there are now and have been in the past lesbians on the team. It appears to not be an issue for Mulkey.

As regards Danielle Wilson, I thought she left Baylor and moved to New York to be near her family when she got pregnant. If that's right, then it makes sense that she'd go back to school in NY. St. John's' good fortune -- she's good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: