RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Bracket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NationalInsider wrote:
History? UNC only beat UCF by 10 last year in the 1st round...

Meaning the programs history of dominance in the past...not just last year!

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GoIndeeeee wrote:
I don't really understand why some of the experts are picking A&M over Stanford. I think Stanford would eat them alive. I can't imagine Danielle Adams chasing any of the Stanford posts for more than 2 minutes without needing an oxygen tank.

One word: Guards

Without JJ Hones, Stanford won't get the ball into the post against decent defensive teams. Stanford didn't play a decent team after Hones went down.

When did Hones get hurt?

JJ hasn't practiced since UConn game and plays limited minutes due to swelling in her knee. Post season surgery is scheduled.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GoIndeeeee wrote:
I'd actually be surprised if A&M made it to the elite eight. I doubt they will shoot as well as they did against Oklahoma again.

that's exactly what i was saying earlier. i truly think gonzaga can take them out. Smile

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nm

Last edited by scullyfu on 03/15/10 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
coffy73

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GoIndeeeee wrote:
I don't really understand why some of the experts are picking A&M over Stanford. I think Stanford would eat them alive. I can't imagine Danielle Adams chasing any of the Stanford posts for more than 2 minutes without needing an oxygen tank.

Without JJ Hones, Stanford won't get the ball into the post against decent defensive teams. Stanford didn't play a decent team after Hones went down.

I agree. Come with some very tough defense and Stanford gets rattled.

stats47

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty good draw for Gonzaga! A 7 seed, and I think they've got a solid shot at getting past UNC and A&M. Let's go Lady Zags!

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopfan24 wrote:
njjosh wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GoIndeeeee wrote:

When did Hones get hurt?

JJ hasn't practiced since UConn game and plays limited minutes due to swelling in her knee. Post season surgery is scheduled.

Sorry to hear that. But at least she is getting to play some. From the way it was initially phrased here, I thought it was a season-ending injury.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/15/10 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO,

Stanford got pretty screwed with the toughest region as the overall #2, somewhat like Kansas and Kentucky men.

I could understand Fresno State in, kind of for UALR, but not Green Bay.

Yes USC got screwed, definitely them over UNC, even Maryland over UNC.

I do not think Nebraska will make the Final Four.

Regions in order of hardness to weakness:

Sacramento, Memphis, KC, Dayton.

I also would put Tenn as the overall #3.

kage

PostPosted: 03/15/10 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm disappointed to see that no Pac10 teams made it to the Berkeley regional. Would have been nice to have UCLA (or even USC if they had made it) there. The travel would also be easier on SoCal fans.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/15/10 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
hoopfan24 wrote:
njjosh wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GoIndeeeee wrote:

When did Hones get hurt?

Sorry to hear that. But at least she is getting to play some. From the way it was initially phrased here, I thought it was a season-ending injury.

Sorry to be misleading josh. JJ was the difference maker against Duke. Without her, I just don't see Stanford getting to the final game. Actually in my bracket I have them going down against A & M. I actually think that will be a good game. Stanford's discipline and obvious talent in the big 3 could push them over but it's gonna be hard for the guards to get it downcourt.

~rAf
JumpMan23

PostPosted: 03/15/10 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
JumpMan23 wrote:
Finished 19-11 with an RPI in the 30s. 2 wins vs. RPI top 25 and 3 wins vs. RPI top 50. Deserving selection, and I actually think Gonzaga is a great draw for UNC.

USC's numbers are essentially the same as North Carolina's, and the Ladies of Troy didn't finish 3-8 down the stretch. USC should have gotten the bid ahead of UNC.

And UNC should still get a bid ahead of Green Bay and Arkansas at Little Rock. Maryland would have been a better selection than either one of those teams, especially Green Bay.

speedracer

PostPosted: 03/15/10 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lots of people are talking about a TENN and UCONN match-up BUT...if Ohio State makes it and plays UCONN anyone think on a good night they might be able to rattle them?

what about Duke's chances of making it to possibly play TENN? If Duke is on their game..defensively making some noise and hitting buckets they can def beat TENN...I'm sure Duke wants another go at UCONN they hung in there with them for a half...Duke had them on the ropes for a minute. I'd love to see Duke make it to the final 4 for a chance at them 1 more time.

UNC makes no sense to me...that win against Duke must have been fresh in some minds...even still...if they were that darn good why did they get knocked our in the first round???

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/16/10 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

speedracer wrote:
lots of people are talking about a TENN and UCONN match-up BUT...if Ohio State makes it and plays UCONN anyone think on a good night they might be able to rattle them?

what about Duke's chances of making it to possibly play TENN? If Duke is on their game..defensively making some noise and hitting buckets they can def beat TENN...I'm sure Duke wants another go at UCONN they hung in there with them for a half...Duke had them on the ropes for a minute. I'd love to see Duke make it to the final 4 for a chance at them 1 more time.

UNC makes no sense to me...that win against Duke must have been fresh in some minds...even still...if they were that darn good why did they get knocked our in the first round???

Even if UConn is having a bad night, Ohio State has no chance. Same with Duke, they never had UConn seriously on the ropes in that game. Duke might be #2, but I don't give them any chance of making it to the Final Four.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 03/16/10 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No hate but Ohio State doesn't have a chance in hell at beating UConn, nor do I think they'll make it that far.
suemar

PostPosted: 03/16/10 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ODU stinking it up against JMU is interesting. Must have had inside info that, should they win, they would have to play UCONN if they made it out of the first round (which, IMO they wouldnt have as they really played poorly this year.

We are going to the games in Norfolk so get to see UCONN roll over everyone. The Temple-JMU matchup should be faily good.

PostPosted: 03/16/10 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SocksTerp

PostPosted: 03/16/10 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ClayK wrote:
UNC had a better record down the stretch, she says.

Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah no, MD had the better record the last 10 games, 4-6 to 2-10, (UNC final cupcake doesn't count), including beating UNC in the ACC tourney.

SocksTerp

PostPosted: 03/16/10 1:52 pm    ::: Re: NC Joke Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
NationalInsider wrote:
UNC did a great job against NC Central lol ... they've done as good of a job down the stretch as McCain 3-7 their last 10 games with w's vs Duke/Wake/Nc Central

i can't stand deheadbandreid, so of course, seattle gets unc. i'll be ecstatic when gonzaga takes them out. Smile

go, bulldogs!!

I'll be more ecstatic when dook goes down, the sooner the better.

SocksTerp

PostPosted: 03/16/10 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
JumpMan23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
and how the hell does UNC deserve a bid?

Finished 19-11 with an RPI in the 30s. 2 wins vs. RPI top 25 and 3 wins vs. RPI top 50. Deserving selection, and I actually think Gonzaga is a great draw for UNC.

USC's numbers are essentially the same as North Carolina's, and the Ladies of Troy didn't finish 3-8 down the stretch. USC should have gotten the bid ahead of UNC.

And MD and Wake.

SocksTerp

PostPosted: 03/16/10 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
JumpMan23 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
and how the hell does UNC deserve a bid?

UNC's history got them in the tourney not there performance and i dont agree with that at all. USC deserved the bid over UNC clearly. The comittee was a little bias with this pick IMO

UNC's history got them in the tourney not there performance and i dont agree with that at all

Couldn't agree more.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 03/16/10 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
I'm disappointed to see that no Pac10 teams made it to the Berkeley regional. Would have been nice to have UCLA (or even USC if they had made it) there. The travel would also be easier on SoCal fans.

Had a whole crew ready to travel to Berekely or Tempe.... But oh well, have a free weekend now. GO BRUINS.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: