RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlantic 10: Opportunities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/09/10 5:21 pm    ::: Atlantic 10: Opportunities? Reply Reply with quote

UMass and LaSalle are now both open jobs.

Xavier has been Top 10 all year.

Cordoza has filled in at Temple (with Staley's players mostly) and not skipped a beat

Dayton has earned another tournament spot.

This could be a very interesting time for the A-10, and they could really make themselves a player if they can somehow lure promising assistant or head coach to those two jobs, especially UMass. Up here in New England people would be all over a UMass-UConn rivalry if it can be built.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/09/10 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed. It would also be nice if George Washington could pull itself out of its lightning-fast collapse into the dumpster.

Duquesne, St. Bonaventure and Richmond have also quietly become respectable, all winning right around 20 games this year.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/09/10 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Agreed. It would also be nice if George Washington could pull itself out of its lightning-fast collapse into the dumpster.

Duquesne, St. Bonaventure and Richmond have also quietly become respectable, all winning right around 20 games this year.

What Bozeman has done at GW has been remarkable... in the worst possible way.

PostPosted: 03/09/10 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Sadly, yes. He has implied in recent articles that Joe Cool left the cupboard bare and that he has some good recruits in the pipeline. I'd like to believe it, but I don't.

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 03/09/10 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wasn't too keen on Bozeman's promotion when Joe McKeown left. I thought GW, with it's history, could do much better. Bozeman has taken the once dominant team of the Atlantic-10 -- a team that had earned 17 postseason tourney bids in McKeown's 20 years -- to the depths of absolute suckage. My god, Fordham had a better overall record than GW did this year! Fucking Fordham! It is mystifying, rage-inducing and mostly sad what Bozeman has done to GW women's hoops. If it were me, I'd fire his ass right now.

beknighted

PostPosted: 03/09/10 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's happening at GW is a crime, really. *sigh*

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/10/10 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Sadly, yes. He has implied in recent articles that Joe Cool left the cupboard bare and that he has some good recruits in the pipeline. I'd like to believe it, but I don't.

Mr Bozeman, the Cheerleaders called, they're offering you one of their skirts cuz the excuse you're wearing don't cover your Ass one bit.

It would be one thing if he had nothing last year but he STILL had the Adair twins and given GW's past performance, that should be enough if you got to stepping on the recruiting trail. Instead he's brought this team from first to worst faster than any coach I've seen in recent history, Male or Female.

And to accuse one of the best Mid Major coaches out there of pulling a Paul Westhead (Everyone knew LMU had nothing coming in after their dream season) ummmm nice try.

Still it's one heck of a ride for the A10 and beware, the A10 has made runs at Majority before in the Men (Remember the glory days of Temple and UMass?) With the Pac 10 and Big 10 so far down, they could sneak in and be a major player, Temple isn't going anywhere, X as long as McGuff stays should be good for a while, Dayton is a tourney level team, Bonnie, Duquense, Richmond are right there behind them (won't happen but I wouldnt scream bloody murder if the A10 sent 4) and Charlotte's no slouch And in their dregs is a school with a huge tradition in GW and URI's Cathy Inglese which watch out world once she gets HER players in there. I agree beef up the bottom half of this conference and you're talking about a conference that can run with the big boys, Umass and LaSalle changing coaches is a great sign. Now just to get GW to dump Bozeman and Fordham to get it's head out of their ass and the A10 may be just as good as some of the BCS conferences.

PostPosted: 03/10/10 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Mr Bozeman, the Cheerleaders called, they're offering you one of their skirts cuz the excuse you're wearing don't cover your Ass one bit.

Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing Twisted Evil
Thank you for this, as a GW alum who has alternated from totally depressed to completely pissed off, I needed a good laugh.

Happycappie25 wrote:
It would be one thing if he had nothing last year but he STILL had the Adair twins and given GW's past performance, that should be enough if you got to stepping on the recruiting trail. Instead he's brought this team from first to worst faster than any coach I've seen in recent history, Male or Female.

Glad you brought up the Adair twins because it's not like last year's team consisted entirely of scrubs or was made up entirely of freshman. He had two very good senior post players in the Adair twins and did absolutely nothing with them. Well other then hand them a senior year they'd probably like to completely forget. The team was super young this year, but Bozeman might (key word might) have engendered a tiny (key word tiny) bit of understanding for this season if he had shown he was even slightly competent last season.

Happycappie25 wrote:
Still it's one heck of a ride for the A10 and beware, the A10 has made runs at Majority before in the Men (Remember the glory days of Temple and UMass?) With the Pac 10 and Big 10 so far down, they could sneak in and be a major player....

Didn't want to quote the entirety of the rest of you post even though you were on point about all the teams you mentioned. But don't forget St. Joe's. Not too long ago, they were ranked No. 1 in the country in men's hoops (when Jamir Nelson and Delonte West were there), and their women's team was quite good in the 1990s and the early part of this decade.

But sorry New Yorkers, I hold out no hope for Fordham, no offense. They have added nothing to A-10 conference in any sport since they joined, and I would be more than happy to see them get the boot. Let them go join the MAAC and play the likes of Manhattan, Canisius, Iona, Siena, etc. That's more their level and they would be in a conference with a bunch of other New York teams so it would be good fit.

colt13

PostPosted: 03/10/10 9:20 am    ::: Fordham Reply Reply with quote

I see conflicting reports on Fordham. One week, I see reports that they are planning to pull a New Orleans and drop a division, then the next week, they talk about putting more money in. They are a mess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: